WJC: WJC Player Inquiry Thread

Mach 9*

The reason tavares, etc. Didn't get 7 points is because the top 2 lines got absolutely no playing time... check the box score.

Also, Bourque isn't even top 30 in qmjhl scoring... that's pathetic.

Posted via Mobile Device

Last edited by a moderator:

Gabranth

#19 #88
Apr 2, 2009
Finland
Erik Haula...

I guess this has been answered already..but

Why isn't he playing for the finns? is he injured or something? Or he didn't make the team o_O?

ThinMcWhistle

Mar 26, 2005
Northern hemisphere
I guess this has been answered already..but

Why isn't he playing for the finns? is he injured or something? Or he didn't make the team o_O?

I've heard it was because he plays in a tier two league (so his points total is not that imperssive), and I've also heard that his father did not get along with the coaching staff or something like that.

This is what I've heard on these boards.

4rde

Dec 13, 2008
I've heard it was because he plays in a tier two league (so his points total is not that imperssive), and I've also heard that his father did not get along with the coaching staff or something like that.

This is what I've heard on these boards.

Finnish headcoach Jortikka said that the league Haula plays in sucks and used that as an excuse why he didnt make the team. Thats complete ********. That league produces very good nhl players. If Haula's father is having some problems with the coaching staff that would probably be the main reason why Haula isnt on the team.

HNJB*

What are your guys thoughts on Luke Adam? He is lighting up the Q and IMO looks good in the tournament so far..... Is there simply no room in the top 6 for him, or does Desjardins simply prefer his size on the energy line?

Hipfan

Nov 27, 2009
Got two questions,

1. Is Gabriel Bourque having a breakout season or what????? Is he turning into a bluechip prospect???

2. Why is Chet Pickard not on the canada world juniors roster???

now if I get those two question answered, I am wondering which teams would be interested in acquiring either one for a top 6 forward???

I still believe Pickard is a more solid prospect, am I wrong??

In regards to Question #2:

CHET Pickard is in the AHL and is 20 (too old for the WJC)
His brother CALVIN Pickard is a good goalie, but is 17 - he'll be in the mix next year for sure!

nally

When you have something to say, silence is a lie
Sponsor
Nov 8, 2004
London, Ontario
www.Directdial.com
Derek Stepan

How is he doing? Impressed? Right where he should be? give me something as I don't get to see him play. I was a little shocked to see him centering the top line and he's the captain. Good for him.

GAGLine

Sep 17, 2007
He's having a great tournament so far. He's tied for the tournament lead in points with 8 (3g 5a). He's playing in all situations. Good defensively and he's creating lots of opportunities for his linemates.

Claimed Off Waivers

Mar 2, 2007
Montreal
I couldn't help but notice while watching the highlights of Russia-Switzerland that the Swiss have a player named Ryan McGregor. What's his background? Is he born in Switzerland? Was he born in Canada or the US and moved there as very young boy? Is he naturalized? That's a very un-Swiss name.

Columbus Jack

He's from Columbus
Nov 25, 2009
PA
Question about Mauro Jorg.

Watching him in the WJC I was very impressed. He's going into the draft this year right? What is he projected to go? Thanks.

Amputechture

Jun 24, 2007
Toronto
I have two questions that I hope might be able to be answered. Where is John Moore for the Americans? Injured? Didn't have a good camp? My other question is with regards to a young Finnish player...I believe he is draft eligible this year. I am going to misspell is name terribly so I apologize. Teemu Peulkinen or something like that. I remember reading a while ago on the prospects page that he was one of the next up and coming Finnish players. Is that still the case?

Thanks a lot guys

Columbus Jack

He's from Columbus
Nov 25, 2009
PA
Just looking at some mock drafts, Pulkkinen is supposed to go anywhere between 20-30. That could very well change as Nino Neiderreiter was projected in that same area but now is probably a top 15 pick.

Amputechture

Jun 24, 2007
Toronto
Just looking at some mock drafts, Pulkkinen is supposed to go anywhere between 20-30. That could very well change as Nino Neiderreiter was projected in that same area but now is probably a top 15 pick.

Thanks man! I just found a thread on the prospects board on Pulkkinen that gave some insight into his situation. I also found that Moore was cut from the US squad. Did he just not have a good camp then?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad