GDT: WJC, Jan. 2: Sweden vs. Switzerland, 7:30 p.m. local, 1:30 p.m. EST

Hinterland

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 29, 2016
It's doesn't? Found this in the IIHF rules. It could be wrong but...

Goal Crease Area: Unless the puck is in the goal crease area, a player of the attacking team may not stand in the goal crease. If the puck should enter the net while such conditions prevail, the goal will NOT BE ALLOWED.
Old rulebook? I know that once was the rule but feels like many moons ago.

WarriorofTime

Jul 3, 2010
Left when it was 2-0. Shocked to see this one went to OT. Kudos to Switzerland for battling.

EK47

Feb 7, 2013
I get called an American all the time in Europe but I don't tend to take it personally.
On here its a compliment to be called an american when you’re a canadian maybe that’s why?

DeltaSwede

Jun 15, 2011
Gbg
I get called an American all the time in Europe but I don't tend to take it personally.
I think this plays into what I was saying, thanks for highlighting the ignorance that exists with that comparison. It was a light hearted reference to a commonly known cultural thing.

Switzerland and Sweden are entirely different countries with nothing in common and we don't share a border. Do I have to explain that none of us are ever offended by it but just laugh at it?

Reactions: pouf pouf

EK47

Feb 7, 2013
Interestingly, my many years of living in Europe has presented a different perspective than what I read on this discussion board.
On a pure hockey discussion board that is. I can’t imagine why :)

ZEBROA

Dec 21, 2017
This Amerika-Canadian thread is quite confusing. Congrats Camerica!

CanadaIsIrrelevant

Mar 20, 2011
Sweden
Please Canada, you are irrelevant this year.
Just leave all threads alone from now on.

It’s annoying to see the whining you bring to the board and rooting for the underdogs.

Switzerland fought hard but Sweden is the better team on paper and on the ice.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad