WJC Group B: Dec 31 GDT - Czech Republic vs. Canada (2-5)

Status
Not open for further replies.

BCCHL inactive

Dawes on a 2-man advantage from Stewart and Meech.....another beautiful play to make it 3-0.

If the Czechs don't get some gas in their tanks during the first intermission, the last 2 periods won't be pretty.

BCCHL inactive

jeffshaf said:
Stewart please agree to a contract soon with my Panthers! we really need you

The soonest it can happen is next season. ;)

SpezNc2

Mar 3, 2002
Van said:
What a nice passing play!

2-0 Canada

With every goal Canada gets, the situation becomes more comfortable. Now that Canada has 2 goals, the Czechs need 4 to knock Canada out of first place in a 3-way tie situation.
I think we can't lost by 2...

But anyway, if we lost this game after leading 3-0, it will be a shame....

BCCHL inactive

SpezNc said:
I think we can't lost by 2...

That is my point. Canada can lose by one goal, and will still get first place in a 3-way tie situation. Now that we have 3 goals, the Czechs need 5.

BCCHL inactive

jeffshaf said:
true but can't he agree to a 5 game contract at the end of the season cause I remember Weiss and Krijeck did that the year they were drafted

Possibly after his junior team is eliminated. I'm not as familiar with the NHL-NHLPA CBA as I am with various playing rulebooks. ;)

BCCHL inactive

Getzlaf sure has stone hands this morning. This game should be 5-0 on his account. :mad:

SpezNc2

Mar 3, 2002
Van said:
That is my point. Canada can lose by one goal, and will still get first place in a 3-way tie situation. Now that we have 3 goals, the Czechs need 5.

Sorry.... you're 100% right......

BCCHL inactive

If there is one prospect I will promote like Don King promotes whoever pays him to....it is Dion Phaneuf. :bow:

SpezNc2

Mar 3, 2002
Czech need 6. Almost impossible to do in 30 minutes against Fleury...

Do can we say that we are getting the free pass.?

Or it's too soon....

It's true, a game it's 60 minutes... not 30.....

Bud The Spud*

SpezNc said:
Czech need 6. Almost impossible to do in 30 minutes against Fleury...

Do can we say that we are getting the free pass.?

Or it's too soon....

It's true, a game it's 60 minutes... not 30.....

Oh, I think we are getting the pass :yo: :handclap:

BCCHL inactive

I'll probably be the first to say that a game isn't 40 minutes, it is 60 minutes....and I am probably speaking with some bias....but I have not seen any signs from the Czechs that they can come out and score 6 goals in the 3rd period.

I think the bye to the semi finals is safe.

TexSen

Nov 20, 2003
Schaefer..Beer..mmmm
Van said:
Pierre McGuire = No professionalism whatsoever.

Indeed.

How many times can the guy make fun of a different country/continent's hockey culture?

I DON'T CARE that there are ads all over the ice and he seems to think it is goofy.

I DON'T CARE that there are usually ads all over the league players and he seems to think it is goofy.

I DON'T CARE that there are usually ads all over the refs and he seems to think it is goofy.

I DON'T CARE that the english ad for a check cashing company at center ice says "PAY FAIR" and not as some might assume "PLAY FAIR"

His diatribes began to smack of xenophobia during the Ukraine game.

Highly dissapointing since he comes from a country that generally espouses tolerance of other cultures and wears it like a badge of honor.

Pierre, they are different, it's not a bad thing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad