GDT: WJC Gold Medal Game: USA vs Finland (7:00 PM CST / 3 AM Finland)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lapa

Global Moderator
Feb 21, 2010
-No links to illegal streams
-Usual rules apply. It's okay to root for your country, but trolling and flaming will not be tolerated :)
-No politics!

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
Damn, no vicious Finland/USA political threads about raking!

My son keeps talking about how they don't have test much in Finnish schools, yet grade out highly. He wants to move to Finland.

Lapa

Global Moderator
Feb 21, 2010
Damn, no vicious Finland/USA political threads about raking!

My son keeps talking about how they don't have test much in Finnish schools, yet grade out highly. He wants to move to Finland.

We actually do have tests, there's an exam at the end of every course. Some rare cases in like universities where you write like an essay or give a presentation instead, but most of the time there's a test.

57special

Sep 5, 2012
MN
We actually do have tests, there's an exam at the end of every course. Some rare cases in like universities where you write like an essay or give a presentation instead, but most of the time there's a test.
My youngest gets about 5 tests per week in HS.

Wasted Talent

Sponsor
Aug 9, 2011
My youngest gets about 5 tests per week in HS.

Finland's equivalent of high school doesn't really have a standard set for that so the number of tests may depend on the teacher's preferences. Typically at least languages and math related classes have somewhat regular tests.

57special

Sep 5, 2012
MN
Holy **** :laugh:

I would have lost my mind if I had 5 tests a week in school.
My son is losing his mind, and wants to move to Finland, yes...now you understand. And he is only a Freshman. I ramps up next year.

I don't really care. Minnesota, Finland....what's the difference? Chick-Fil-A?

Reactions: TaLoN

Lapa

Global Moderator
Feb 21, 2010
My son is losing his mind, and wants to move to Finland, yes...now you understand. And he is only a Freshman. I ramps up next year.

I don't really care. Minnesota, Finland....what's the difference? Chick-Fil-A?

It's colder and there's less fast food options.

Reactions: gphr513

TaLoN

Red 5 standing by
Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Farmington, MN
Meh... I don't mind tests. It proves out how much you've learned much better than general busy work that is homework given by schools. Frequent tests are why I did so well in school despite the fact that I refused to take the waste of time homework home. If I didn't finish the work in school, I didn't finish it. I then would ace the test and get respecable overall grades.

It frustrated the hell out of both my teachers and my parents "you would be capable of so much more if you would just apply yourself!" I'd hear constantly... Sorry if I believed in free-time outside of school being actual free-time to be a kid when I was growing up!

I'm perfectly happy with how life has turned out having done that. ;)

Wild11MN

First round losers
May 28, 2013
MN
Maybe I should have asked for the channel instead. :laugh: Doesn't look like I get it wherever it is.

Aurinko

Apr 1, 2015
Finland
Meh... I don't mind tests. It proves out how much you've learned much better than general busy work that is homework given by schools. Frequent tests are why I did so well in school despite the fact that I refused to take the waste of time homework home. If I didn't finish the work in school, I didn't finish it. I then would ace the test and get respecable overall grades.

It frustrated the hell out of both my teachers and my parents "you would be capable of so much more if you would just apply yourself!" I'd hear constantly... Sorry if I believed in free-time outside of school being actual free-time to be a kid when I was growing up!

I'm perfectly happy with how life has turned out having done that. ;)

I never did homework (20-30 years back) and did just fine academically, got two master's degrees, post graduate studies and some okay'ish jobs.

When you are young, you are supposed to enjoy life and have stress free time with friends.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $5,720.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Inter Milan vs Torino