GDT: WJC Gold Medal Game Canada vs Russia 1/5/15 8:00pm EST TSN 1,4,5

babylonzoo

Mar 8, 2010
congrats to Canada, real nail biter there.
would've hated to see the russians win especially after taunting at the beginning.
Canada played clutch in the 3rd period.
this team never trailed in the tournament.

deandebean

Jan 14, 2003
Gatineau
Visit site
Love that tweet! When you know the history between those 2....

https://twitter.com/rewy77/status/552315568557391872

He's absolutely right. If not for Groulx, Reway would not be as good as he is now, and his intensity level would not have brought him where it is now. He still needs to work on his defensive side of the game and they did not agree on his regularity. But he's 1000 times better than when he came to Gatineau.

Redux91

I do Three bullets.
Sep 5, 2006
Kirkland, Montreal
Atta boy

Noodles McLennan with the great explanations on all 4 goals against

A lot of bad luck circumstance but gotta watch that rebound control a bit, it'll come bud

deandebean

Jan 14, 2003
Gatineau
Visit site
What is the history?

They have had their differences, let's just say that. Ben Groulx is the toughest coach in the Q. Toughest and not even close. He asks a lot of his players. I've known players who hated his guts because he was on their case all the time.

But I know players, Giroux, Talbot and others, that love the guy very much and attribute their pro success to him directly.

In Gatineau, it has become part of folklore that new players get to experience the Groulx factor right from the get go; he runs the most excruciating practices in the league. It has been said that many newly arrived players litterally barf on the ice during their first ever practice with the team because of the hard work asked by the coach.

Whitesnake

If you rebuild, they will come.
Jan 5, 2003
He's absolutely right. If not for Groulx, Reway would not be as good as he is now, and his intensity level would not have brought him where it is now. He still needs to work on his defensive side of the game and they did not agree on his regularity. But he's 1000 times better than when he came to Gatineau.

Groulx in Hamilton would be a dream. But obviously he's aiming at more than AHL.....

windycity

Sep 30, 2003
Well duh
Visit site
What taunting were the Russians doing? They did have that guy with the Gallagher grin who snowed Fucale who I would like to punch in the face. Would have liked to see him crying post-game

Hope Of Glory

May 24, 2009
North Shore
Groulx in Hamilton would be a dream. But obviously he's aiming at more than AHL.....

Would a hard coach like him be good at the NHL level? Is just that or does he have other talents (like a good strategist, good eye for talent, etc)?

I'm asking, just in case.... in a few years... :sarcasm:

Whitesnake

If you rebuild, they will come.
Jan 5, 2003
What happened to him in Rochester?

He wanted to be closer to his family. Wasn't ready to make the move. And at one point now, with his resume, he probably thinks he should go directly to the NHL. Deandebean might know more, but I just think that this is a guy that is fine with what he's doing at the junior level, unless a real top opportunity, like the NHL, happens.

Jamie Thomas

Apr 4, 2003
None of those goals were on Fucale. He made the big saves in the 3rd.

One of the best WJC finals ever imo.

What a game. McDavid goal was filthy he also made some big defensive plays. Going 1st overall no doubt.

Tic-Tac-Tao

I disagree that none of the goals were on Fucale but he shut the door in the third and they won which is obviously what matters in the end. Congrats to the whole team, it was a hell of a game.

InglewoodJack

Jun 10, 2009
Châteauguay
Just when I started to like Duclair, I find out he's from the ******* west island. great.

All kidding aside, anyone know about who from the team looks like they're gonna make it big in the NHL and who's busting? Seems every year there's a couple guys who bust right out of the gate.

Redux91

I do Three bullets.
Sep 5, 2006
Kirkland, Montreal
Just when I started to like Duclair, I find out he's from the ******* west island. great.

All kidding aside, anyone know about who from the team looks like they're gonna make it big in the NHL and who's busting? Seems every year there's a couple guys who bust right out of the gate.

and whats wrong with the west island?

S Bah

Nov 7, 2010
victoria bc
Every Canadian can be proud of how our young hockey players represented the country in the 2015 WJHC's, they are a model for others that may win Gold in the future. Playing with a total immersion to play a team game predicated on great defence and tenacity in checking their opponents into despair. Showing the great teamwork that's the key to all of the successful Team Canada Champions over the history of the WJHC's. Three cheers for our young men's accomplishment, truly one for the ages. :handclap::handclap::handclap:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad