Wjc Future Sites?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Igor55

Nov 11, 2005
Hi, Ive been trying to find a schedule of where the WJC will be in 2007 and any year after that if its been decided yet? I went to the WJC in Boston like 10 years ago and thought they were great, if there in this region again Id love to go.

Also, I almost went last year when they were in Nova Scotia, but that leads me to my question. I thought they rotated the host country between all the teams, but since its in Van this year did they stop doing that??????

Thanks for any info.

Igor55

Nov 11, 2005
Oh, so 2 years ago was nova scotia??????

Does that mean theyll switch between US and Canada each year, That would be good.

Jazz

Igor55 said:
Hi, Ive been trying to find a schedule of where the WJC will be in 2007 and any year after that if its been decided yet? I went to the WJC in Boston like 10 years ago and thought they were great, if there in this region again Id love to go.

Also, I almost went last year when they were in Nova Scotia, but that leads me to my question. I thought they rotated the host country between all the teams, but since its in Van this year did they stop doing that??????

Thanks for any info.
It is in Sweden next year. Canada will get it every 3 years from now on...

Igor55

Nov 11, 2005
Thanks Jazz,
Do you know the next sites after Sweden? Will the US get them every 3 years also? or just the regular times? And do you know where the next Canada location will be? I could make a trip to Quebec if its in that area.

Nash

Jul 23, 2004
Vancouver
2003 Halifax/Sydney
1999 Winnipeg
1995 Red Deer
1991 Saskatoon
1986 Hamilton
1978 Montreal

I doubt they will go back to the Maritimes after being there in 2003. They will probably never be played in Yukon, NWT or Nunavut. That probably means the next time Canada hosts in 2009, it will be in Quebec ... maybe Ontario.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Igor55 said:
Thanks Jazz,
Do you know the next sites after Sweden? Will the US get them every 3 years also? or just the regular times? And do you know where the next Canada location will be? I could make a trip to Quebec if its in that area.

It will most likely be at least 5 years before they come back to America, and probably either to Portland or Minnesota

BobbyClarkeFan16

Nov 29, 2005
Goderich, Ontario
go kim johnsson 514 said:
It will most likely be at least 5 years before they come back to America, and probably either to Portland or Minnesota

I think Minnesota would probably be the logical choice. It's a die hard hockey state. I'd also think they'd have to consider Colorado because of all the great college hockey programs there. If there's ever a Canadian city that should get the tournament, Ottawa has to be considered. When you consider that they have one of the OHLs longest running and great franchises in the Ottawa 67s and they have the Gatineau Olympiques in the country of Quebec right across the river, there would be more than enough rinks to hold games. And to hold the finals in the Corel Center would be something out of this world.

Jazz

Igor55 said:
Thanks Jazz,
I don't think the 2009 Canadian tournament host has been confirmed yet. It will probably be in about a year. Quebec city and Halifax do have the Men's World Championship in Apr/May 2008. As for the future U20 sites, it is somewhere on my site, I'll take a look and let you know...

Hart_House_Ca

Feb 21, 2004
Jazz said:
I don't think the 2009 Canadian tournament host has been confirmed yet. It will probably be in about a year. Quebec city and Halifax do have the Men's World Championship in Apr/May 2008. As for the future U20 sites, it is somewhere on my site, I'll take a look and let you know...

Halifax shouldn't get any u20 tournament until winnipeg and saskatoon have gotten another shot at it. Ottawa? they already have an nhl team to entertain themselves with.

katodelder

Apr 22, 2004
Montreal is making a bid to get the 2009 WJC.

2009 is the 100th anniversary of the Montreal Canadiens.

The city is trying to get a trifecta of hockey events for that year:

2009 World Junior Championships
2009 NHL draft
2009 NHL All-Star Game

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad