NHL Entry Draft: WJC Fan Mock 2013

ChesterNimitz

governed by the principle of calculated risk
Jul 4, 2002
Based upon the way that my mock falls, who would you take instead?

If they can come out of the draft with Lazar, Morin and Burakovsky, Columbus will have had their best day since the civil war.

Taelin

Resident Hipster
Jan 17, 2012
Vancouver
The Canucks need to take a chance on a boom prospect, and Tortorella will probably be gone before Mantha ends up in the NHL anyway. Coaching should have no factor in our drafting, especially first round drafting.

WJC_Fan

Jun 25, 2006
Saint Louis
The Canucks need to take a chance on a boom prospect, and Tortorella will probably be gone before Mantha ends up in the NHL anyway. Coaching should have no factor in our drafting, especially first round drafting.

That is probably true. I think that I am less sure of Mantha then most on this board. It seems like most feel that his potential offensive output outweighs the faults that he has exhibited. Several teams seem willing to take a shot on him. I see him as a good risk pick in the twenties. Not sure if I would consider him in the mid-teens where a lot of these mocks have him going.

Megaterio Llamas

el rey del mambo
Oct 29, 2011
North Shore
I'll be some pissed if the Canucks take Anthony Mantha. Their Quebec scouting is horrible, OHL is where they find players. Ryan Hartman please. He can actually play.

Roadman

Moving On
Sep 9, 2009
London OH
14) Columbus: Ryan Pulock-D: Columbus adds a power play piece. Good defender with a booming shot. Good skater for size. Team needs forwards but Pulock is too good to pass on at this point

No he is not. Not with Wennberg as the next pick.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad