WJC Drinking Game (ESPN Veiwers Only)

Status
Not open for further replies.

RamblersHockey

Jun 8, 2004
Ann Arbor, MI
While watching the ESPN broadcast, some things kept coming up that made me want to throw things at the TV, so I decided to make a drinking game out of it.

Here are the rules, you must take a drink when someone:

- says Chris Bourque is Ray Bourque's son
- shows Ray Bourque
- mentions that the clock counts up
- mispronounces a players name (USA only)

You must finish your beer if ESPN shows a player going to the bench when a goal is being scored.

Anyone else have some ideas?

Hart_House_Ca

Feb 21, 2004
If this is what happens during USA broadcast games, I feel sorry for you espn viewers.

Now I find pierre mcguire less annoying. Thanks for sharing that info.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
His name is Chris? I thought his name was "Ray Bourque's Son."

nrf83

May 6, 2004
golf course
go kim johnsson said:
His name is Chris? I thought his name was "Ray Bourque's Son."

You noticed that the announcers blamed Suter on Belarus' 1st goal, shorthanded, rather than Bourque's stupid attempt at a cross ice pass at the blue line, that had no chance of working and trapped Suter. Schneider should of made stop, but that does not excuse Borque. :mad:

Stefferdoos

Apr 5, 2003
Nashua, NH
Visit site
RamblersHockey said:
While watching the ESPN broadcast, some things kept coming up that made me want to throw things at the TV, so I decided to make a drinking game out of it.

- shows Ray Bourque

You must finish your beer if ESPN shows a player going to the bench when a goal is being scored.

I don't think there is anything else as this is all they ever actually say.

RamblersHockey

Jun 8, 2004
Ann Arbor, MI
Riggs said:
Who's name are they mispronouncing?

Casey Borer. Sounds just like it looks. They have been saying boy-yer.

And, for two years at the NTDP Pineault was pea-nult, not pea-nyo.

But I might be wrong, I am only the annoucer for the NTDP. :dunno:

Thewselius

Jul 24, 2003
Just be happy that there won't be any USA hockey on ESPN2 tonight thanks to college basketball.

markov`

Feb 23, 2003
Top 2 in the world
Visit site
RamblersHockey said:

- shows Ray Bourque

I'm gonna be drunk early :lol:

Seachd

Mar 16, 2002
McDonald19 said:
I can't believe how many times the announcers mention this. It's Pejorative Slured.
Yeah. We got the ESPN feed for the US-Switzerland game, and every 15 seconds, he's reminding us who are new to international hockey, that the clock counts up, and it will continue to do so until it hits 20:00, at which point the period will end, and we'll have an intermission. Ugh.

Thewselius

Jul 24, 2003
Also, don't forget that on the powerplay the clock, powerplay clock, counts down. Its sooo confusing!! They did infact mension this.

pld459666

Feb 27, 2002
Danbury, CT
Does Ray Bourque really have a son???

because whenever they mention it, they are always showing a shot of Ray in the stands??

Have we ever seen them in the same room??

Is this another attempt by an agent to try to generate money for Ray, by "claming" he has a son?

Things to think about.

crossxcheck

Nov 17, 2003
Nashvegas
I'm not terribly familiar with these ESPN2 announcers, but they're TERRIBLE. They constantly give credit to players who aren't on the ice or don't deserve it and always blame players whose fault it is not. And the clock counting up thing... :banghead: At least they don't try to constantly explain to viewers what icing, offsides, and power plays are.

nckd

Jun 16, 2004
NY
When "someone" from the other team makes a play, because they can't seem to remember/attempt to pronounce the names of non-drafted players from opposing teams.

shakes

Pep City
Aug 20, 2003
Visit site
nckd said:
When "someone" from the other team makes a play, because they can't seem to remember/attempt to pronounce the names of non-drafted players from opposing teams.

They don't actually do that do they?

policegopher

May 10, 2004
Minnesota
Jim Rich (play by play) is some second rate Sports anchor on a second rate TV channel in Minneapolis. Oddly enough I think it is a channel owned by Fox. Anyways he is not very good at play by play and should stick to reporting on basketball and other crappy sports.

Reilly311

They aren't horrible announcers. It's not like they choose to show Ray Bourque all the time. They don't spend much time talking about the other team though. I would have liked to know an interesting fact about Kostitsyn or something.

The one guy has the worst looking teeth I've ever seen.

The Gabe Blade

Jul 9, 2004
How about everytime they mention ESPN Bass!

NHL2night was cancelled last year, this year ESPN Bass. And the players think they need more money.....ha.

ceber

Apr 28, 2003
Wyoming, MN
policegopher said:
Jim Rich (play by play) is some second rate Sports anchor on a second rate TV channel in Minneapolis. Oddly enough I think it is a channel owned by Fox. Anyways he is not very good at play by play and should stick to reporting on basketball and other crappy sports.

He may not be the smoothest play-by-play guy, but at least he cares about hockey. Had that college hockey show he started a while ago that aired locally, but failed.

I'm sure he's thrilled to have to hawk ESPN's Bass show every break.

JonathanWashington

Hockey in Cairo
Dec 26, 2004
Manhattan
you would think ESPN--

would try to put out the best product for the hockey fans. i always thought they were the reason hockey was such a bad national product. Ill take any local anouncer over what these guys bring to the table.
You would think that espn could have its pick around the league this year. But come on!! show me the starting line ups... what sport and what players are we watching? even bankrupt buffalo showed the line up matches.

yeah now who's ray bourque :innocent: ?
take a shot
for the mystery person on ice .U :mad: S :eek: A :speechles

crossxcheck

Nov 17, 2003
Nashvegas
impressingagent said:
you would think ESPN--

would try to put out the best product for the hockey fans. i always thought they were the reason hockey was such a bad national product. Ill take any local anouncer over what these guys bring to the table.
You would think that espn could have its pick around the league this year. But come on!! show me the starting line ups... what sport and what players are we watching? even bankrupt buffalo showed the line up matches.

Man it severely annoys me that they don't ever show the starting lines/pairings for either team and they NEVER mention who got assists on the goals. It's a half @$$ed job if you ask me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad