WJC 2022 Discussion

MuckOG

May 18, 2012
But we should have more common sense then to repeat those mistakes.

Maybe something can be done for the players to play, but not for Russia? Just spit balling, but spread the Russians out to teams like Lithuania, Latvia and other less represented teams? Divide them up and dont let them compete as "Russians" but loaned out to other teams?

Edit: Now that Ive thought more about it. No chance that would happen. Sucks for them.

Last edited:

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
Maybe something can be done for the players to play, but not for Russia? Just spit balling, but spread the Russians out to teams like Lithuania, Latvia and other less represented teams? Divide them up and dont let them compete as "Russians" but loaned out to other teams?

Edit: Now that Ive thought more about it. No chance that would happen. Sucks for them.
If you know anyone from any of those countries they will tell you how astonishingly bad of an idea that is. The Russians have a history of invading and brutally subjugating those, and other neighboring countries. Anyone from Hungary, Ukraine, Poland, Cezechoslavakia(as it was known), Baltic states, Romania, Bulgaria, etc. would be appalled at your idea.

I feel a tiny bit sorry for the athletes, though not if they have a record of promoting Putin and his ideas. I feel much more sorry for the ordinary Ukrainians dying as we speak due to them being invaded by Russia.

MuckOG

May 18, 2012
If you know anyone from any of those countries they will tell you how astonishingly bad of an idea that is. The Russians have a history of invading and brutally subjugating those, and other neighboring countries. Anyone from Hungary, Ukraine, Poland, Cezechoslavakia(as it was known), Baltic states, Romania, Bulgaria, etc. would be appalled at your idea.

I feel a tiny bit sorry for the athletes, though not if they have a record of promoting Putin and his ideas. I feel much more sorry for the ordinary Ukrainians dying as we speak due to them being invaded by Russia.

Agreed. I realized how bone headed of an idea that was almost immediately after posting it.

It sucks that the althletes are getting caught in the middle of a geo-political shit storm, but it is what it is.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad