Wither Ken Hitchcock?

Kasparov

May 29, 2013
Personally, i'm kind of nervous on what happens when the Hitch era ends. He seemingly single handedly took an under-performing team playing for payne and turned the ship in the right direction. Now that i think about it, what could have happened if we stayed the course? how low could we have gone? When a team tanks BAD players get traded. would we still have our core? probably not. I feel as though hitch has brought the best out in the team.

I REALLY want Babcock to come over. I doubt that we have that kind of money to blow on a coach or that he will even want to come here IF he does leave. I can't think of another person i would trust (at the moment) with the blues.

anlongo13

Aug 6, 2014
Ottumwa, IA
Personally, i'm kind of nervous on what happens when the Hitch era ends. He seemingly single handedly took an under-performing team playing for payne and turned the ship in the right direction. Now that i think about it, what could have happened if we stayed the course? how low could we have gone? When a team tanks BAD players get traded. would we still have our core? probably not. I feel as though hitch has brought the best out in the team.

I REALLY want Babcock to come over. I doubt that we have that kind of money to blow on a coach or that he will even want to come here IF he does leave. I can't think of another person i would trust (at the moment) with the blues.

Babcock would be the only coach I would want if Hitchcock goes. It would be tough to trust an unproven coach with as much talent as the Blues have. Babcock would be a great fit. Personally, I think he is the best coach in hockey, bar none.

I think the Hitchcock situation is a bit overblown. Any athlete who has ever been on a team gets tired of their coach. Heck, I was tired of my college coach a just couple days into two-a-days. If he was on such a short-string, I don't see why Armstrong didn't just cut ties after last season. He would have had a chance to go after Trotz, who was the best coach on the market.

In all honesty, I'm excited to see the team is. Hitchcock finally has some weapons on offense he can play with. This Blues team will be probably one of the most talented teams he has had since his Cup-winning year with Dallas.

JustOneB4IDie

Duel Cancer Survivor
Jan 31, 2011
Imperial, Missouri
Babcock would be the only coach I would want if Hitchcock goes. It would be tough to trust an unproven coach with as much talent as the Blues have. Babcock would be a great fit. Personally, I think he is the best coach in hockey, bar none.

I think the Hitchcock situation is a bit overblown. Any athlete who has ever been on a team gets tired of their coach. Heck, I was tired of my college coach a just couple days into two-a-days. If he was on such a short-string, I don't see why Armstrong didn't just cut ties after last season. He would have had a chance to go after Trotz, who was the best coach on the market.

In all honesty, I'm excited to see the team is. Hitchcock finally has some weapons on offense he can play with. This Blues team will be probably one of the most talented teams he has had since his Cup-winning year with Dallas.

I highly doubt the Wings let Babcock go unless they crash and burn this season.

Kasparov

May 29, 2013
I highly doubt the Wings let Babcock go unless they crash and burn this season.

I think they got lucky last season. I doubt they repeat the same mediocre success as last year. I'm crossing my fingers for the worst for that franchise though as much as i hate to say it. With all the pain they put us through in the 90's, i only wish that they were in the same conference now that they are on the downhill slide.

I do think you're right though. If the wings REALLY blow it this season, it could be a perfect storm for us. all we can do is hope.

Brian39

Apr 24, 2014
I think they got lucky last season. I doubt they repeat the same mediocre success as last year. I'm crossing my fingers for the worst for that franchise though as much as i hate to say it. With all the pain they put us through in the 90's, i only wish that they were in the same conference now that they are on the downhill slide.

I do think you're right though. If the wings REALLY blow it this season, it could be a perfect storm for us. all we can do is hope.

I wouldn't say they got lucky. They got absolutely decimated with injuries. They had the 2nd highest man-games lost to injury and a huge percentage of them were to top 6 players. Mathematically, they are all but guaranteed to have better luck on the injury front.

ViPeRx007

Jan 9, 2014

This is kind of a strange comment. You're hoping the Wings have a bad season and don't re-sign Babcock so the Blues can have a shot at him. However, that also means you're hoping the Blues fall short of the Cup. That's the only way I see them not re-signing Hitchcock; you typically don't let your coach go if they just won you the Cup...

Personally, I'd take the Cup if it meant missing out on Babcock, but maybe that's just me.

Apr 30, 2012
St. Louis, MO
This is kind of a strange comment. You're hoping the Wings have a bad season and don't re-sign Babcock so the Blues can have a shot at him. However, that also means you're hoping the Blues fall short of the Cup. That's the only way I see them not re-signing Hitchcock; you typically don't let your coach go if they just won you the Cup...

Personally, I'd take the Cup if it meant missing out on Babcock, but maybe that's just me.

Getting Babcock for next season doesn't necessarily mean we flopped again. There's a lot of speculation that this could be Hitch's last season regardless of what we do in the postseason.

sdaltons

Aug 17, 2010
As long as Hitchcock can skate backwards, he stays.

I'm a big Hitch fan. Even if he were to depart, his impression would remain heavy on the players. Schwartz and Tarasenko would not have become the same under Coach Q. I'd rather have Hitch than anyone in league... except for maybe Sutter... I hate him, but I envy him.
not even Babcock?

Apr 30, 2012
St. Louis, MO
Babcock is a good coach, but I think he gets overrated at times. People complain about Hitch giving too much time to vets, but Babcock seems to be even worse.

Kasparov

May 29, 2013

yaaaaa....i don't know how you're inferring that one. i think i could be argued that regardless of our outcome this season he may hang it up. Plenty of coaches and players alike have called it a day after a championship season. Tony did it most recently after the cards won it the last time. He didn't last long afterwards, but that's besides the point.

anlongo13

Aug 6, 2014
Ottumwa, IA
yaaaaa....i don't know how you're inferring that one. i think i could be argued that regardless of our outcome this season he may hang it up. Plenty of coaches and players alike have called it a day after a championship season. Tony did it most recently after the cards won it the last time. He didn't last long afterwards, but that's besides the point.

If Hitch leads the Blues to a Cup, it would be the perfect time to call it quits on his career. He would be a living legend in St. Louis.

2 Minute Minor

Hi Keeba!
Jun 3, 2008
Temple, Texas
Funny story:
My son decided to take hockey lessons (saved his own money to fund it, I was really proud of him). I went to a practice and he was skating around having fun. The coach had them do a backwards skating drill, and he kind of wandered off and didn't really do it. I asked him about it later, and he told me he didn't really need to skate backwards since he played offense. (He also was making plans for how he is going to fly me to all his games when he's in the NHL.) I told him NHL players all know how to skate backwards and he got really quiet. Next time we were at the ice rink, he was practicing skating backwards.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad