Prospect Info: With the 45th selection in the 2013 entry draft, the Ducks select Nick Sörensen

Ducks DVM

sowcufucakky
Jun 6, 2010
Long Beach, CA
Welcome to the team!

It can be said the injury may have had something to do with his production – which was slated to be higher than what he put out this season. However, he did play well enough to join fellow Remparts Erne and Duclair in the CHL Top Prospects game.

What sets Sörensen apart from the other skaters in the draft is his quickness, agility, and foot speed. He can blow past defenders easily and use his nifty stick skills to creating scoring chances. He certainly has the scoring touch, but at times he gets out of position.

The Remparts forward is great on both sides of the puck and is keen defensively. He has a tireless work ethic that can be noticed every shift. He’s still a bit scrawny for his size, but he should be able to bulk up in due time.

"I felt very good after meeting with Anaheim," Sorensen said, shortly after being drafted by the Ducks. "It was the team I really wanted to go to. I couldn't be happier.

"The Ducks have so many good players. Perry and Getzlaf obviously. I'm really happy also because [Hampus] Lindholm and [Rickard] Rakell are good friends of mine. I was really hoping it was Anaheim, a great situation for me."

http://ducks.nhl.com/club/news.htm?id=675921

Last edited:

AngelDuck

Rak 'em up
Jun 16, 2012
Like this pick. He's a guy who is usually injured, but if he can stay healthy he'll be a steal. Good offense and physical game.

mightyquack

eggplant and jade or bust
Apr 28, 2010
That knee on knee hit from the article Dooth posted is nasty

From a 22 year old goon who's not even good enough for the ECHL either :shakehead

Doothpick

9-1
Sep 15, 2008
Yeah that is one dirty knee-on-knee hit. Let's just hope that it didn't have a huge effect on his development. He seemed to play very well this season when he was healthy. I'm always wary when drafting prospects with injury concerns, but otherwise he seems a like good pick.

Elvs

Jul 3, 2006
Sweden
Sorensen was one of my favourites on the Swedish team in the world juniors. He's a hard working player with speed. May not have high-end offensive upside, but he could become a versatile player.

HanSolo

DJ Crazy Times
Apr 7, 2008
Las Vegas
Probably my favorite player out of our selections. Maybe a little less likely to make it than Kerdiles, but he could have higher upside in the end.

Selanne138

Nov 18, 2009
Sorenson is Swedish?

Says he was born in Denmark, or is that a Sbisa type thing where he was born there but grew up in Sweden?

Sojourn

Nov 1, 2006
Sorenson is Swedish?

Says he was born in Denmark, or is that a Sbisa type thing where he was born there but grew up in Sweden?

I believe he is a citizen for both nations, but plays for Sweden in tournaments.

AngelDuck

Rak 'em up
Jun 16, 2012
The more I see/read about this kid, the more I really dig this pick. He seems to do a lot of things well, and has top 6 upside. Seems pretty safe too. This is my favorite pick of the draft at this point.

Oct 18, 2011
he's the only guy we picked that i knew anything about, so i'm happy with this selection. MOAR Swedes, is fine by me. if anything it helps these guys feel comfortable

QuietContrarian

May 28, 2008
To clear it up.

Nick Sorensen was Born in Denmark, and has a Danish father and a Swedish mother.
I believe they moved to Sweden when he was 5 or 6.

He played for Denmarks U16 team, and then wanted to go full Swedish on the Hockey side, probably due to the much higher succes rate of the Swedish team.

He holds dual citizenship though.

He speaks Danish fluently so should aslo be able to communicate with Frederik.

Finnpin

"internet"
Oct 10, 2005
Helsinki
To clear it up.

Nick Sorensen was Born in Denmark, and has a Danish father and a Swedish mother.
I believe they moved to Sweden when he was 5 or 6.

He played for Denmarks U16 team, and then wanted to go full Swedish on the Hockey side, probably due to the much higher succes rate of the Swedish team.

He holds dual citizenship though.

He speaks Danish fluently so should aslo be able to communicate with Frederik.
Hmmm...could we still start calling him Danish Dynamite?

SergeConstantin74

Always right.
Jul 7, 2007
Good player and great kid. Hopefully, injury problems are behind him. He was Quebec's best player in the playoffs. He isn't afraid to go to the net. Every one of his goals during the playoffs were scored within 2 feet from the goaltender. He knows 5 languages.

Last edited:

JimboA

Dec 9, 2012
Sweden
Good player and great kid. Hopefully, injury problems are behind him. He was Quebec's best player in the playoffs. He isn't afraid to go to the net. Every one of his goals during the playoffs were scored within 2 feet from the goaltender. He knows 5 languages.

Swedish, Danish, English, French (I believe) and...?

Aug 11, 2011
Am Yisrael Chai
Flemish! Kazakh! Esperanto!

Is what you would answer if Sorenson is truly an interesting person.

(Also, I ordered a Flemish Kazakh Esperanto from Starbucks this morning and it was pretty tasty).

douglast5

PS3 GMC Comish
Sep 14, 2012
hfboards.hockeysfuture.com
Not to worried about his injuries.

It wasn't like it was because improper training, or being stupid. He was cheap shotted, should have a real nice season next year. Guy was thought to go late in the 1st round before his injury.

Madsdanish

Jun 12, 2013
Swedish, Danish, English, French (I believe) and...?

If he moved to Sweden when he was 5-6 and gone to school there I would guess the languages are Swedish, Danish, English, Norwegian and either French or German.

We don't really have "Norwegian" language lessons in Denmark or Sweden but it's so similar so to say that we know the language is not too farfetched.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad