Boo Boo

Jan 31, 2013
he says his nickname is cogs which is going to be heartbreaking to adjust to

Reactions: Kalv

Theo Von

gang gang buzz buzz
Nov 15, 2013
CBJ fan here.

Tremendous value pick in Colangelo for you guys. Has great potential. He will be asked to carry the load on a Northeastern team that was mediocre at best last year. I expect him to step in and have an immediate impact. Great pick, and an overall strong draft for you guys, aside from the Sundsvik & Bowen picks. :thumbu:

Hockey Duckie

Jul 25, 2003
southern cal
For whatever reason the Gulls' account is posting the post-draft Q&A's first
NHL Draft 2020: Q&A with Sam Colangelo | San Diego Gulls

That was a good read. So many Duck connections with Zegras and Manson with Colangelo. Also, it was interesting to read that the Ducks had contact with him throughout the hockey year and the Ducks told him what he needed to work on. That's what made Colangelo become more motivated to improve and cited that's one of the reasons why he's the product that he is today, which includes being drafted by the Ducks. It's a good story kinda like being an intern, the company liked the progress you made once on their radar, and then hired you when after the internship. Hopefully, he'll get that story book ending of making and staying in the NHL someday!

Reactions: Kalv and TesseracT

Gliff

Tank Commander
Sponsor
Sep 24, 2011
Tennessee
It's cool to see that Boston connection and all these kids that grew up together now be in the same organization

Dick Steel

May 11, 2019
Finland
Colangelo was too safe pick to me. Gunler was available at that time.

Even Perreault is just like Gunler. Both of them are boom or bust picks (two is better than one). Both have similar issues about their two way game and attitude on and off ice. Why take Colangelo with this pick? He´s skating is a big probplem? Am I right?

AngelDuck

Rak 'em up
Jun 16, 2012
Colangelo was too safe pick to me. Gunler was available at that time.

Even Perreault is just like Gunler. Both of them are boom or bust picks (two is better than one). Both have similar issues about their two way game and attitude on and off ice. Why take Colangelo with this pick? He´s skating is a big probplem? Am I right?
His skating needs work but “big problem” is a stretch. When drafting in the 2nd round you won’t get a perfectly polished player without flaws. If it’s true that he’s really 6’4 215 right now combined with his vision and hands, this pick is more than fine. Skating can be improved and at 18 it’s nothing to scare you away from a player quite yet.

Dick Steel

May 11, 2019
Finland
His skating needs work but “big problem” is a stretch. When drafting in the 2nd round you won’t get a perfectly polished player without flaws. If it’s true that he’s really 6’4 215 right now combined with his vision and hands, this pick is more than fine. Skating can be improved and at 18 it’s nothing to scare you away from a player quite yet.

6´4? Only 6´2 i found information about his height.

AngelDuck

Rak 'em up
Jun 16, 2012
6´4? Only 6´2 i found information about his height.
If you read the 1st page of this thread there is some speculation that he’s actually 6’4. None of us know the validity of that. But the ducks might have known that before they drafted him

Reactions: Dick Steel

jiggsawpuzzle35

May 7, 2007
The 949
99F0EBA4-3ED2-4CE0-B362-108182075849.jpeg

Sam with a goal tonight against UNH.

Kalv

Slava Ukraini
Mar 29, 2009
Latvia
2+6 in 9 games. We should be aiming to sign him after the season, otherwise would risk losing him. But I think he has a long way ahead to get to the NHL.

Reactions: robbieboy3686

Jersey Fan 12

Positive Vibes
Nov 20, 2006
After a down year as a sophomore at Northeastern he has started the year with six goals in his first 10 games after transferring to Western Michigan.

With so many young forwards emerging in Anaheim is there still a place for him in the Ducks' future?

duxfan1101

Sep 20, 2014
California
After a down year as a sophomore at Northeastern he has started the year with six goals in his first 10 games after transferring to Western Michigan.

With so many young forwards emerging in Anaheim is there still a place for him in the Ducks' future?
We are honestly pretty devoid of young forward talent outside the NHL. I'm guessing we will give him an ELC, or at least an AHL deal to see what he can do at the pro level.

Hockey Duckie

Jul 25, 2003
southern cal

You mean down year in his junior year. Colangelo needs to be scoring at a bit higher rate than this at his age. He went scoreless in his last two games this past weekend.

The Ducks are in need of a scoring RW and a PF player is a plus. There's a pathway for a middle six role for Colangelo with the NHL club since we're lacking top-6 talent in the system, and soon in the NHL. At the summer Dev camp, Colangelo looked like a youth hungry for an ELC. Physically, he's ahead of many of the young forwards in the system.

Freshman, Northeastern: 8 games; 0g + 3a = 3 pts ( 0.38 ppg); -3 rating​
Sophomore, Northeastern: 29 games; 12g + 15a = 27 pts ( 0.93 ppg); +8 rating​
Junior, Northeastern: 35 games; 9g + 15a = 24 pts ( 0.69 ppg); -4 rating​
Senior, Western Michigan: 10 games; 6g + 3a = 9 pts ( 0.90 ppg); +3 rating​

Colangelo needs to pick up the scoring pace to stand out.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad