Prospect Info: With the 28th Pick the Senators Select Shane Bowers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Flamingo

Nov 13, 2008
Ottawa
Do we know if Vegas was asking for this year's or next year's 1st round pick though?

The rumour was this year's pick plus Chlapik, and they would draft Claesson. Or to pick, say, Borowieki, next year's first and White or Brown and something else.

16w

Jun 23, 2003
just tuned in on time to watch the NBC feed... Pierre Macguire said he's got a good engine (4.5/5) and is a dependable player shift in and shift out. also said that he's a responsible Guy Boucher kind of player.

the other guy commented he wasn't sure if Bowers had much offensive upside but Pierre suggested about a 40 point average player

...going to Boston University next year so he'll have a bit more time to develop

Bowers was first in the combine at VO2 max duration, and 4th at VO2 max ml/kg/min

Last edited:

armani

High Jacques
Apr 8, 2005
Uranus
Ottawa needs to draft some Finnish players, Jarko Ruutu was the last one I remember donning the Sens jersey. Jokkipokka or whatever his name is doesn't count.

edguy

Feb 5, 2014
Charlottetown, PEI
You can complain about it when there are players still on the board with legitimate top 6 potential.

Well I mean the guys who actually watched and study the guy clearly think A) he's gonna be a top 6 guy or B) Don't think the other guys will be top 6 guys..

I swear some people on here think they know better without actually watching the kid

Hale The Villain

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 2, 2008
God this is such a Sens pick

"Responsible, safe, dependable, character, efficiency"

Guess you need to draft guaranteed future NHLers with limited upside like Bowers when your GM refuses to do anything in free agency and consistently throws away assets via trade.

SENATOR

Feb 6, 2004
Ottawa
Would you guys trade Shane bowers for Marc methot straight up

I would give him away for a bunch of pucks.

418RklsA1FL._SY300_.jpg

Senscore

Let's keep it cold
Nov 19, 2012
If our safe picks actually worked out with some consistency I might be more optimistic. But I just see a lack of high end skill.

armani

High Jacques
Apr 8, 2005
Uranus
Ottawa usually goes for safe picks in their first round, I expect off the board high risk high rewards picks in the lower rounds, where Ottawa scored players like Hoffman and Stone under GMBM regime (which includes current GM PD).

Also, when does the embargo on drafting Russian prospects end? With most KHL teams in financial turmoil, why not widen the net to really pick BPA?

Last edited:

Senateurs

Let's win it all
Feb 28, 2007
Know nothing about the kid but this pick feels so meh...

All the picks had a nice highlight package of goals, hits, winning trophies. Bowers had a summer scrimmage with Crosby....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad