Prospect Info: With the 26th selection in the 2013 entry draft, the Ducks select Shea Theodore

Ducks DVM

sowcufucakky
Jun 6, 2010
Long Beach, CA
As anticipated, nobody had a clue :laugh:

Welcome to the Ducks!

http://thehockeywriters.com/shea-theodore-the-next-ones-nhl-2013-prospect-profile/

Profile at Future Considerations:

(...) “I worked hard on my shot all summer and it’s starting to pay off.”
So much so that Theodore is starting to draw comparisons to former Western Hockey League alumni in Washington Capitals defenseman Mike Green, who had 14 goals and 39 points in 59 games in his draft year before being drafted 29th overall in the 2004 NHL Entry Draft. (...)

“He’s a dynamic kid – great skater, booming shot and amazing offensive instincts,” Nickolet said. “It’s hard to compare him to Green because honestly, I have a hard time comparing him to anyone I’ve seen. He’s a very unique looking player but he’s definitely on the rise on my list. I could see him ending up as a first round pick.” (...)

Last edited:

Koffein

Mar 20, 2009
Oslo
Actually for once I player I was hoping to see us draft, though with the Islanders 2nd :laugh:

snarktacular

Aug 2, 2005
Got back just in time to see the Ducks pick... who?

Even the TSN guys sound pretty mystified as to how early he was picked. But no different from like Rakell.

HanSolo

DJ Crazy Times
Apr 7, 2008
Las Vegas
In Madden we trust...but what? Don't we have enough offensive minded defensemen? There were still some great picks there.

Doothpick

9-1
Sep 15, 2008
This guy sounds like Ryan Whitney. That's not necessarily a bad thing, though, as Whitney was pretty good before all the injuries. I also have a ton of faith in Madden so we'll see.

Koffein

Mar 20, 2009
Oslo
I wonder why the have not traded down for this one?
Concidering the players still on the board and Theodore's style of play, I would not be surprised if he was in Madden's top-15 and they didn't want to risk him being picked up by some of the teams picking behind.
Or same issue as last year, difficult to find a deal with the right picks to make sense.

ShadowDuck

Captain Anaheim
May 19, 2011
Boston, MA
In his twitter profile, he has himself as
"Seattle Thunderbirds Offensemen, Powerplay Enthuiast"

He must love playing defense...

Ducks DVM

sowcufucakky
Jun 6, 2010
Long Beach, CA
In Madden we trust...but what? Don't we have enough offensive minded defensemen? There were still some great picks there.

We have Vatanen. Fowler is more a two-way with offensive upside, and Lindholm seems to be two-way and more defensive. In other words, no, we don't.

Paul4587

Jan 26, 2006

Outside of Vatanen no. Fowler is a TWD, Lindholm is more defensive but has some untapped potential.

Paul4587

Jan 26, 2006
We have Vatanen. Fowler is more a two-way with offensive upside, and Lindholm seems to be two-way and more defensive. In other words, no, we don't.

You beat me to it by about a minute. Agreed on those assessments completely.

HanSolo

DJ Crazy Times
Apr 7, 2008
Las Vegas
-24 despite those 50 points.

No doubting he's a terrific OFD, but I really don't feel we needed one. Or that he was the best player available.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad