Prospect Info: With the #200 pick, the Wild select G Alexandre Bélanger

Status
Not open for further replies.

tyratoku

May 28, 2010
MN
Some very sub-par numbers last season.

Have you ever seen this guy play, Fel? Or anyone else here up in Quebec?

IHaveNoCreativity

May 5, 2012
Somewhere in Quebec.
He's going to be the starter next year in Rouyn, I saw him play.

He was great that night, just needs time, he was highly touted out of midget. He has a chance, but really needs to play.

jiboy

la game dans la game
May 2, 2007
dont look too much into his stats

he just started playing last year as the #2 goalie..things went well for him as time went on..team traded for a good #1 goalie but the guy ended up being injured to both knees

so belanger had to step up unexpectdly as the #1 goalie, he had a little bit of a rough time adjusting but as the season was ending he was looking better and better

in the playoffs we were #8 seeds and we beat #9 and #5 seeds and his play was great

he did look pretty confident and calm.. for a goalie of his age in his situation I really liked his play

when we played against Halifax he played just great and he gave us a chance to win games.. we arguably gave Halifax the best opposition in the whole playoffs

Pretty good value pick at #200.. good technique, good mental.. square goaltender you guys are getting there

vitogor

Oct 26, 2002
Minnesota
Visit site

he just started playing last year as the #2 goalie..things went well for him as time went on..team traded for a good #1 goalie but the guy ended up being injured to both knees

so belanger had to step up unexpectdly as the #1 goalie, he had a little bit of a rough time adjusting but as the season was ending he was looking better and better

in the playoffs we were #8 seeds and we beat #9 and #5 seeds and his play was great

he did look pretty confident and calm.. for a goalie of his age in his situation I really liked his play

when we played against Halifax he played just great and he gave us a chance to win games.. we arguably gave Halifax the best opposition in the whole playoffs

Pretty good value pick at #200.. good technique, good mental.. square goaltender you guys are getting there

Wow, thanks for the info. Sounds like an intriguing goalie prospect to keep an eye on.

Minnewildsota

He who laughs last thinks slowest
Jun 7, 2010
Hey, just remember Haula and Groavac were 7th round picks. Another diamond in the rough?

Haite

x
Jun 27, 2011
Hey, just remember Haula and Groavac were 7th round picks. Another diamond in the rough?

Eh, I really like the way we've been taking these later round token goalies from a bunch of drafts. Goaltenders are such a trouble to predict that often mere quantity beats quality. You might or might not end up with a diamond in a rough once in a while.

Fel 96

JFC
Mar 19, 2010
Little Canada
www.youtube.com

Thanks for that.

Great to see someone from the area telling us who he is.

forthewild

Aug 17, 2009
So at this point when the Wild draft a goalie can't we just give GMCF and Co some benefit of doubt? i mean its not like they haven't picked good goalie prospects before...

tyratoku

May 28, 2010
MN
Looking at his stats it looked like he never really improved. Makes sense to drop him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad