With the 1st overall pick ....

Status
Not open for further replies.

IceManCat

#TheFloridaPanthers
Jul 13, 2006
The Rat Den
I don't think it is a done deal any one of Bennett Reinhart or Ekblad can go first. We can roll three scoring lines like the Flyers from a few years ago or the Boston Bruins.Reinhart is Barkov without he big frame having a 1 2 3 of him Bjugstad and Barkov can give us that Boston like lineup. Like wise if we selected Bennett. Ekblad may be a very good dman in the future but he may not up in the Doughty Pietrangelo category this will be determined by the scouts. I just don't think it is a concensus like everyone here is saying we have plenty of options at #1

Tobi Wan Kenobi

May 25, 2011
Vancouver
I don't think it is a done deal any one of Bennett Reinhart or Ekblad can go first. We can roll three scoring lines like the Flyers from a few years ago or the Boston Bruins.Reinhart is Barkov without he big frame having a 1 2 3 of him Bjugstad and Barkov can give us that Boston like lineup. Like wise if we selected Bennett. Ekblad may be a very good dman in the future but he may not up in the Doughty Pietrangelo category this will be determined by the scouts. I just don't think it is a concensus like everyone here is saying we have plenty of options at #1

You guys should go Ekblad. If not him than Bennett. Bennett is a little more explosive and tenacious then Reinhart. He can also play wing. I think he'd mix better with Barkov, Huberdeau and Bjugstad. His speed would compliment them.

Dread Clawz

LAWSonic Boom
Nov 25, 2006
Pennsylvania
You guys should go Ekblad. If not him than Bennett. Bennett is a little more explosive and tenacious then Reinhart. He can also play wing. I think he'd mix better with Barkov, Huberdeau and Bjugstad. His speed would compliment them.

Yeah, I'd be shocked if it's not Ekblad, but if not I could see Bennett. He'd look good next to Barkov. Reinhart is just redundant with Barkov here too IMO.

CREW99AW

Mar 12, 2002
Guys congrats on winning the draft lottery.

If my on team did not win, the next best thing , is having a team below my team in the standings win;)

coopdaloop123

Mar 11, 2013
FL
Last 4 D-Men taken #1 overall in NHL Draft - Erik Johnson (2006), Chris Phillips (1996), Bryan Berard (1995), Jovo (1994) ... Seems risky.

Especially considering how long it takes d-men to develop ... I think the d prospects are pretty good at the moment and don't forget, we can snag a D-Man w/ the 32nd overall pick too.

I am not exposed

Mar 16, 2014
Vancouver
Last 4 D-Men taken #1 overall in NHL Draft - Erik Johnson (2006), Chris Phillips (1996), Bryan Berard (1995), Jovo (1994) ... Seems risky.

Especially considering how long it takes d-men to develop ... I think the d prospects are pretty good at the moment and don't forget, we can snag a D-Man w/ the 32nd overall pick too.

So who do you think we choose?

RainingRats

Dec 28, 2008

Totally agree. Have to think after picking Gudbranson with the third overall he's going to be gun shy and he passed last year on Jones. Hopefully we trade down or pick a forward.

RainingRats

Dec 28, 2008

Yup. Plus, that makes guys like Shore, Trocheck, and Pirri trade pieces for a d-man if it's available.

coopdaloop123

Mar 11, 2013
FL
So who do you think we choose?

Try to work a trade w/ EDM ... they REALLY need Ekblad. We could snag the 3rd overall pick and possibly more.

Or, we throw in something w/ our 1st overall pick and get the 3rd overall and Eberle or Gagner.

Either way, it's nice holding all the cards for once.

Panthers607

Don't want D with the first overall. I agree with coop above.

I am not exposed

Mar 16, 2014
Vancouver
Try to work a trade w/ EDM ... they REALLY need Ekblad. We could snag the 3rd overall pick and possibly more.

Or, we throw in something w/ our 1st overall pick and get the 3rd overall and Eberle or Gagner.

Either way, it's nice holding all the cards for once.

They won't give up Eberle that cheap!

And I'm too keen on Gagne for that!

Dread Clawz

LAWSonic Boom
Nov 25, 2006
Pennsylvania

Jovo was awesome years ago. Yes of course, he's atrocious now in his late 30's.

Doughty was drafted 2nd overall, Pietrangelo 4th overall. #1,2, 3....it doesn't matter. It's just a number. If we trade down to #4 Ekblad will be gone. You take your guy where you can get them. If Ekblad is our guy, we will take him at #1. If he's not, then he's not.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad