Birthyear: 1995-10-05
    Birthplace: Wilcox, SK, CAN
    Nation: Canada
    Position: D
    Shoots: R
    Height: 191 cm / 6'3"
    Weight: 96 kg / 212 lbs
  • Holding onto Faith after a tough season
    In just his seventh game of the 2013/14 campaign, Faith went awkwardly into the end boards during a tilt against the Seattle Thunderbirds.

He missed the next 21 games—a month and a half—before getting back into action. Three games later, during a contest against the Vancouver Giants at the Pacific Coliseum, he went down again in another collision.

It’s especially frustrating, considering this is his first year of NHL draft eligibility.

Last edited:

Le Golie

Jul 4, 2002
Really like this pick. He's lost a ton of development time because of a shoulder injury but he had surgery that hopefully fixed it. He basically missed this whole season. With a full, healthy season he could have gone a lot higher.

He's pretty athletic, hasn't put up points because he has missed so much time and was never healthy enough to be put in an offensive role but he can move the puck and skates very well for a big kid with a big frame and tons of growth potential.

I was hoping my team would take a shot at him.

Puhis

Nah.
Jul 4, 2011
Jaervenpaeae
He looks quite pale though.

In all seriousness, this sounds like another intriguing pick. A 6'3" right-handed defenseman who went under the radar due to a recent injury sounds like a good recipe. However, shoulder injuries are generally quite worrisome as they can turn into repeating, nagging injuries that take away from your physicality and stickhandling. Let's hope it's something that's fixable. Still, he sounds (and looks) a lot like a typical defensive two-way D-man, judging by his size and points. To be honest, I have no idea about his play, but I still like this pick somehow.

To be blunt, yes, I have faith in his development.

Saga of the Elk

Honoured Person
May 31, 2008
Any news about him signing a contract?

If Russo hasn't mentioned it yet, he's probably not getting one. Still could, but they have Seeler, Gudbranson, Warner, Gelinas, and Labbe in the AHL next year most likely, plus Folin and Olofsson and Soucy's name came up too. You'd think they'd look to sign a vet or two, maybe retain Palmquist and/or Conor Allen etc. He's not a bad prospect by any means, maybe they're waiting on something else, but this system is really deep in d.

elnewby

Feb 21, 2012
MT
If Russo hasn't mentioned it yet, he's probably not getting one. Still could, but they have Seeler, Gudbranson, Warner, Gelinas, and Labbe in the AHL next year most likely, plus Folin and Olofsson and Soucy's name came up too. You'd think they'd look to sign a vet or two, maybe retain Palmquist and/or Conor Allen etc. He's not a bad prospect by any means, maybe they're waiting on something else, but this system is really deep in d.

I could be wrong, but I think I read somewhere that Soucy was staying at UMD.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad