With Petry Locked Up, Who Will Habs Ship Out

Seb

All we are is Dustin Byfuglien
Jul 15, 2006
Emelin first, his cap hit is too high for a bottom pairing dman and he brings about nothing to the game other than a hit or two a game.

I'd give Gilbert til the deadline to get his **** together and then if he sucks just as much as he has been since we've singed him he's gonzo.

Dagistitsyn

Aug 27, 2011
Nova Scotia
I think Tinner and Emy are on their way out this summer.

It'd be rather dumb to trade both of them. Unless a team wants them both specifically for a top 6 winger :laugh:

Emelin makes the most sense, but he's better than most people are giving him credit for. Most of the time anyways.

Oct 22, 2012
Does Emelin have a full NTC?

Factor that with the way MB likes his dmen, not sure if he is moved so easily.

I think they keep Tinordi as well, they confirmed he's still in the plans.

Tyson

Mar 1, 2007
Texas
Depends.

How confident are you in Beaulieu?

Beaulieu has over 100 games of experience. The more he plays the better he performs. He is ready 16-18 minutes of play including PP time. Time to remove the training wheels

Tyson

Mar 1, 2007
Texas
I think Tinner and Emy are on their way out this summer.

Emelin has a full NTC...won't be easy, if at all possible.
Tinordi is 3rd on the young player depth chart behind Beaulieu and Pateryn. He is as good as gone. He has had his chances...he simply can't handle the speed of NHL skaters...
With Dietz developing nicely (I expect he will be one of the last cuts again) Tinordi missed his chance

beowulf

Not a nice guy.
Jan 29, 2005
Ottawa
Beaulieu has over 100 games of experience. The more he plays the better he performs. He is ready 16-18 minutes of play including PP time. Time to remove the training wheels

While I agree with the idea of the post he does not have 100 games yet.

Alex514

May 10, 2015
Does Emelin have a full NTC clause for the duration of his contract or is it just the first year or two like Markov

Beendair Donedat

Punk in Drublic
Dec 29, 2010
Truth or Consequences, NM
It's likely Gilbert.

Montreal is strong on the right side with Subban and Petry. Gilbert makes too much for what he brings and should be easily replaced by Pateryn.

My guess is it will be:

Markov - Subban
Emelin - Petry
Beaulieu - Pateryn
Tinordi

Markov's minutes will be reduced this year as well.

HabsDieHard*

Does Emelin have a full NTC clause for the duration of his contract or is it just the first year or two like Markov

Full NTC this year (and last) and partial in the last 2 years of his deal.

I'm raelly not even sure why people think dealing Emelin makes sense, he played well in the playoffs, he's physical, and without him the left side looks really weak.

On the other hand, with the way Pateryn played in the playoffs as well as his very team freindly cap hit next season, along with Gilbert having just a year at under 3 million making Gilbert a decent trade chip and it actually makes a lot of sense to deal Gilbert.

Beaulieu-Subban
Markov-Petry
Emelin-Pateryn

I'd say use Tinordi as the #7, but I'd rather just see them deal him at this point so he gets a chance wtih a new organization.

habtastic

Aug 17, 2007
Montrealer in Boston
It depends more on the offered returns than the player IMO.

Who they'll consider moving?

Emelin
Gilbert
Pleks (though I seriously hope we don't Ninimaa this if it happens)

Who in my dreams they'd prioritize moving (not cuz I hate him, just...he's gotta go):
Double Dees.

HCH

Dec 17, 2003
The Wild West
Visit site
Emelin first, his cap hit is too high for a bottom pairing dman and he brings about nothing to the game other than a hit or two a game.

I'd give Gilbert til the deadline to get his **** together and then if he sucks just as much as he has been since we've singed him he's gonzo.

Don't know if you watched any games but Emelin was not a bottom pairing defenseman and, in fact, his ice time went up during the playoffs.

angry pirate

Feb 9, 2009
Gilbert is the easier move. Manageable cap hit, no term. But I think MB tries to move Emelin first. He's a middle pairing D-Man, paid as such, who's probably fallen to number 5 on our depth chart thanks to the Petry signing and Beaulieu's progression.

If MB can move Emelin he will. If not, than it'll be Gilbert.

HabsDieHard*

Gilbert is the easier move. Manageable cap hit, no term. But I think MB tries to move Emelin first. He's a middle pairing D-Man, paid as such, who's probably fallen to number 5 on our depth chart thanks to the Petry signing and Beaulieu's progression.

If MB can move Emelin he will. If not, than it'll be Gilbert.

Emelin has a full NTC that Bergevin gave him (til next Summer at least).

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad