With only one interview, which hockey great would you choose?

Ziostilon

Feb 14, 2009
If you could sit down with a currently STILL LIVING hockey great for 15 minutes, who would it be and what questions would you throw his way?

You probably don't want to ask too many questions if they require long-winded answers

I'd go for Jacques Lemaire.

and just ask to place himself as a player. and describe how forechecking has changed from the 60s and now.
what does this mean for both the offensive and defensive styled players

Boxscore

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 22, 2007
Bobby Clarke, without a doubt. I would get the inside scoop on the entire Lindros story once and for all :) I would also get into the Keenan stuff, some stories about the Bullies and about trades he made/didn't make.

Clarke is perhaps my favorite person in all of hockey. He was a great player, leader and organization man.

bauerguy88

Oct 22, 2008
North East
Damn this is a good question. I have so many ideas of who I would want to sit down with and talk to, but I can't make a choice right now. I'll think about it then come back.

TasteofFlames

May 29, 2008
Athens, GA
I'd definitely interview Bobby Hull. My questions would center around his WHA time with Hedberg and Nillsson. What I've read about this time is super interesting, and I' think it'd be awesome to hear about this time from Hull's PoV.

hannes_ko

Jun 19, 2002
Finland
Visit site
Pat Quinn or Mike Gillis.
When the Maple Leafs played in Finland almost a decade ago (time sure flies) I got a chanche to talk with Quinn.

I was at the rink representing the Finnsh equivalent of Hockey's Future and I was also quite young then. Maybe those were the reasons Quinn gave me an interview while he didn't talk to any other writers.

Actually he was hiding in the Hartwall Areena after morning ice. Every other writers and the players had left. I was in no hurry and spotted Quinn and asked for an interview. I got the impression he enjoyed talking about hockey with random young Finnish guy.

I think we talked most about if Leafs defense was good enough to win it all. Quinn thought McCabe would have a comeback year and Bryan Marchment would help a lot.

Great memories.

saskganesh

Jun 19, 2006
the Annex
Bobby Hull was the first hockey player I ever met (I was 10) so 34 years later it would be fun to talk to him about the Jets.

I'd buy the drinks.

SidGenoMario

Apr 10, 2009
Saskatoon, SK
Not exactly a true hockey legend, but we were at the world juniors last year and saw Bob McKenzie walking around. We bought him a beer and he talked to us for a long while. Awesome guy. He'd be a cool choice.

David Bruce Banner

Nude Cabdriver Ban
Mar 25, 2008
Streets Ahead
Ted Lindsay would be full of great stories...

Original 6 rivalries
Player's union
Gordie Howe
Old game vs. modern game

He also, from everything I've read, seems to be a very articulate, opinionated and intelligent guy.

mbhhofr

Dec 7, 2010
Las Vegas
Milt Schmidt

He must have some great stories.

Played with Shore, was the GM when Orr was playing.

Two greats, Schmidt and Shore that I actually got to talk with. I was twelve years old when I met Shore. I was reffing Jr. hockey and was asked if I would give Schmidt a ride from Winnipeg to Brandon, round trip, so that he could scout a player in a game that I was reffing. He was sitting beside me, for over five hours and we got to talk a lot of hockey.

Franck

eltiT resU motsuC
Jan 5, 2010
Gothenburg
I'd love to meet Gordie Howe, would be really cool to hear what he would attribute his longevity to.

Not exactly a true hockey legend, but we were at the world juniors last year and saw Bob McKenzie walking around. We bought him a beer and he talked to us for a long while. Awesome guy. He'd be a cool choice.

Did he ever call you an ass clown? :laugh:

bruins309

Krejci Fight Club
Sep 17, 2007
Maybe this is because he is on the Bruins now, but I'd pick Mark Recchi because he's almost like a Forrest Gump character in the modern NHL if Forrest scored 550 goals.

- Played with Mario at his apex
- Played with young pre-concussion Lindros
- Was on the Habs when Roy had his blowout on the bench with management
- Was on the Flyers for the 2000 ECF debacle with the Lindros hit by Stevens
- Played with rookie Crosby in Pittsburgh
- Won Cup as rental with Carolina in '06 as a contributor
- Waived by Pens in late '07 and ended up in two southern markets
- And of course his time with the Bruins (for me, anyway)

Hardyvan123

tweet@HardyintheWack
Jul 4, 2010
Vancouver

I'm with you here as Bob has great stories and history of the game.

Igor Larianov is my guy but it would need more than 15 minutes

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad