With Gallant gone to FLA, who is his replacement??

Status
Not open for further replies.

OnlytheCH

HockeyTimes
Jun 16, 2013
Canada
As Gerard Gallant will be formerly introduced as the Florida Panthers head coach on Monday, who will be brought in as his replacement? Gallant was seen as a players kind of coach, a good motivator, and a guy who understood a dressing room as had a short but productive NHL career as a player. He is well liked by his players and at times is the level ground for players to come to and blow off steam.

There are various options for MTL, do they promote Clement Jodoin to bench duty? Do they dip into Hamilton and bring up one of Lefebvre, Dufresne, or possibly Lebeau? Do they look for an external candidate? Guy Boucher? Maybe a Guy Charron?

Thoughts?

Draft

Jan 23, 2013
Formally.

I think it's got to be someone capable of running the PP and creating strategies for zone entry and breakouts. Ours have SUCKED this year - there's a reason we were such a horrible offensive team.

Goldthorpe

Meditating Guru
Jan 22, 2003
Montreal
Not sure Boucher has the right temperament for this role, and not sure if he would want an assistant coach position. He's fiery. He brings his own style that kind of clashes with MT IMHO.

Blind Gardien

nexus of the crisis
Apr 2, 2004
Four Winds Bar
Lefebvre to the Habs. A real head coaching replacement candidate to groom in Hamilton, svp. I don't think Boucher would come back to anything but the Habs' HC job, but if he would come back, great. Or look at the top junior guys like Houle.

Draft

Jan 23, 2013
Lefebvre to the Habs. A real head coaching replacement candidate to groom in Hamilton, svp. I don't think Boucher would come back to anything but the Habs' HC job, but if he would come back, great. Or look at the top junior guys like Houle.

So we get an even worse PP but a new HC in Hamilton..... This would be a difficult decision. Also means that Lefebvre has a prolonged future with the Canadiens organization.

Treb

Global Flanderator
May 31, 2011
Montreal
Wish: Boucher

Good for Hamilton: Lefevbre with good coach to Hamilton

Reality: Therrien's relative or friend who coached some pee-wee home league ten years ago.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad