WC: With 2 more roster additions, is it true to say Russia sealed gold?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Anderson9

Apr 11, 2009
Kazan, Russia
I'n not good at trolling, I'm dead serious. On paper our team is by far the best. Just interested whether #8 and #28 will contribute.

Fulcrum

I'n not good at trolling, I'm dead serious. On paper our team is by far the best. Just interested whether #8 and #28 will contribute.

:facepalm: ... I'm speechless. Man, get off the boards and stop embarassing Russians.

It's sports, saying **** like that is the stupidest thing ever. It's also arrogant and disrespectful towards others. Sure we have a good team, but so do other countries.

This thread should be closed

Insta

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 23, 2005
Edmonton
Was the Russian team looking interested and competing hard? Semin at least should be able to remedy that part of their game.

Anderson9

Apr 11, 2009
Kazan, Russia
It's sports, saying **** like that is the stupidest thing ever. It's also arrogant and disrespectful towards others. Sure we have a good team, but so do other countries

These boards has seen threads that were actually downright stupid. This one isn't. Well if you don't like it, just ignore it. What i was asking is, whether the addition of two top Capitals will enhance Team Russia's performance.

Incognito

Oct 18, 2008
Toronto, Ontario
:facepalm:

OP = failure.

I'm sorry to the Russian posters on these boards who don't share the same views as the individual who made this thread, as this is no reflection on them.

Lugaid

Hajlajtreelmål!
May 28, 2008
Stockholm
I don't think the victory against Sweden was as important as you'd like to make it, sure, Malkin put off a hell of a show, but Sweden played horribly as well in the second half of the game. I think gaining two players like Ovechkin and Semin might prove to be not only good, will Ovechkin really settle for "second fiddle" behind Malkin? I wouldn't think so, he's the Capitals captain and wants to come there to show off, and that might coincide badly with Malkin's current status in the team. Then there's the question of the russian defense and the lack of Kalinin in the quarterfinals.

Tomas W

Oct 23, 2007
Sweden
These boards has seen threads that were actually downright stupid. This one isn't. Well if you don't like it, just ignore it. What i was asking is, whether the addition of two top Capitals will enhance Team Russia's performance.

Eh no that wasnt what you were asking.

To anwer this question; I guess it should make Russia performance enhanced, though I haven't followed Russia enough to tell for sure, I mean it COULD be that Russias chemistry between players might get disrupted a bit, if they going to fit in two more forwards. Ovy and Semins talent should make up for that, but It so hard to tell in before hand. We will all see what will happen soon enough.

RedLeader

Feb 13, 2008
All i have to say is that preliminary round means little, best team on paper means little. There is countless examples, Canada usually qualifies for both. Sweden had 3-4 Belarus despite cruising through group play etc etc.

NewHopeForEveryone

Mar 24, 2011
adding Ovechkin to the team will cause troubles...each year Russian team was full of big names and everybody was playing on their "own shirt"...now they have that chemistry which is needed and a star who bear the team on his back...they are playing like a team...i wouldnt change anything on this...

Matt Ryan

Falcons Rise Up
Oct 4, 2011
San Francisco
I think the Amercan, Swedish, and Canadian defense is better. To be the best team on paper, you have to have the great goaltending, offense, and defense. The answer is no. I think the Russians have a very good team, but I wouldn't say there is a single "favorite" in this tournament.

Cuddles

Nov 23, 2011
You realize Russia is up against Norway in quarterfinal?

Their journey ends there :naughty:

Matt Ryan

Falcons Rise Up
Oct 4, 2011
San Francisco
You realize Russia is up against Norway in quarterfinal?

Their journey ends there :naughty:

Patrick Thoresen says NO!

Patrick%20Thoresen.jpg

Granin

Jul 16, 2011
I doubt they can stop a true offensive powerhouse like Norway with their D.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad