Online Series: Witcher season 4: Cavill out and Liam Hemsworth in

Osprey

Feb 18, 2005
Only an hour ago, I was geeking out over him discussing his PC build. Now, I learn that he's leaving the only project of his that I have much interest in. Lovely.

King 88

Mar 5, 2010
Hemsworth oh wait nvm the lidl version. Well that series done after that season.

GlassesJacketShirt

Aug 4, 2010
Sherbrooke
Considering what we've heard about the writers actively disliking the source material, I could see Mr. Cavill (as a true fan of said source material) getting cold feet over the future of the series and deciding to out his efforts elsewhere.

RandV

It's a wolf v2.0
Jul 29, 2003
Vancouver
Visit site
Considering what we've heard about the writers actively disliking the source material, I could see Mr. Cavill (as a true fan of said source material) getting cold feet over the future of the series and deciding to out his efforts elsewhere.
This is the first time I've heard this, so don't know if it has any meaning or not. But I have to say that yes I read and enjoyed the books, though if I was handed the book series and told to make a TV show out of it I'd probably hate the source material too!

Reactions: GlassesJacketShirt

GlassesJacketShirt

Aug 4, 2010
Sherbrooke
This is the first time I've heard this, so don't know if it has any meaning or not. But I have to say that yes I read and enjoyed the books, though if I was handed the book series and told to make a TV show out of it I'd probably hate the source material too!

Seems like you're great candidate to write a show for Netflix then, send in your resume. :) ;)

Jumptheshark

Rebooting myself
Oct 12, 2003
Somewhere on Uranus

Sounds like he was a fan of the books and battled the writers a lot

Given that Cavill has been referred to as an on-set “Witcher bible” by costar Freya Allan, it makes sense that a series with a writing staff who actively mocked the work they were adapting might not be something he’d want to come back to. According to Allan, Cavill would also use his Witcher expertise to make suggestions during filming. She says that “We’d be doing a scene and he’ll say ‘I think it should include this line, because this line is from the books.’ He’s definitely a nerd, but he definitely owns that, which is cool.”

Reactions: Tasty Biscuits

Osprey

Feb 18, 2005
I wonder if Netflix will reconsider and cancel plans for Season 4. It's just going to look even worse for them and their image if they go ahead with it and the fans hate it. Then again, fans hated Masters of the Universe: Revelation and yet they're making a Season 2. It's as if Netflix doesn't care if you love or hate the content as long as you watch it, which I suppose Disney and other streamers are guilty of, as well.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad