GDT: Wisconsin vs BC (Caufield #8 Red) Free Stream

Status
Not open for further replies.

Favster

Jul 21, 2013
Montreal
Umm...Hal Gill was actually pretty good. We just happened to get the almost done version (yet he was still pretty decent, albeit slow as molasses).
What I meant by that was mostly their skating and transition play. Hall Gill was a very effective PKer but his transition and skating are probably up there as worst ever in NHL history.

dinodebino

Sep 27, 2017
How is he doing?
2 goals. One timers both times. Was dangerous inside the offensive blue line. Was a bit tentative in his zone. And he can't rely on his defensive corps to dish out the puck to him. Even on the PP. They have this defenceman who practically led the team in shots on net during the PP last year. I can understand why : he's got tunnel vision! You saw Caulfield telling him to pass him the puck instead of shooting it on net with no purpose, one time during another PP, where Cole was waiting for the one timer once more. The kid will learn that he's not playing with the best of the best as when he was with the national program. The Badgers have many pluckers in their lineup.

FrankMTL

Jan 6, 2005
Was a pretty awful game for Wisconsin. They created zero offense at 5 vs 5. Boston Colleges seniors were just dominating Wisconsin. That made Boldy and Newhooks jobs easier. It seemed like Turcotte and Caufield had almost no support.

Reactions: dinodebino

pepperMonkey

Aug 2, 2005
Toronto
What I meant by that was mostly their skating and transition play. Hall Gill was a very effective PKer but his transition and skating are probably up there as worst ever in NHL history.
I doubt someone who had one of the worst transition skills and skating in the history of the NHL would have a 16-year career...
In any case, he didn't need to be fast. His big body and reach compensated for his lack of speed. He covered a lot of ice. And he played with Bourque who compensated for his limitations.
Personally, I would love to have a prime Hal Gill on this team. Someone who can just smother anyone with his size and reach.

Last edited:

Estimated_Prophet

Mar 28, 2003

Hal Gill was an incredibly slow skater but he was a high IQ player and was a good passer. He was very good in transition when he had space to make the pass.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad