Winter Classic

Zhamnov10

Jul 17, 2011
Does anyone know how other markets disperse tickets for events like these,Me and my wife share season tix with another couple it would be nice if we were all able to go. I know there a lot of other groups of people that share season tix as well,we would more than fill the stadium in just people that share parts of season tickets.My thinking is that they would just offer one ticket per seat and the rest would go to the public.This a tough one because on one hand you have people that consistently invest with jets throughout the year and on the other you have those that wish they could have season tickets or part seasons.

King Woodballs

Captain Awesome
Sep 25, 2007
Your Mind
As far as I am concerned, it should be 1:1
There are a **** load of people that have not had the good fortune of getting season tickets.
If you went more then 1:1 then the stadium would be sold out before any tickets got to be made for the public.

Gump Hasek

Spleen Merchant
Nov 9, 2005
222 Tudor Terrace
I went to the Heritage Classic in Calgary with a friend that is a Flames season ticket holder. The NHL buys the event from the team. The NHL then distributes thousands of the premium seats to NHL sponsors. They then accommodate the season ticket holders next, distributing one ticket per each season ticket owned. Any leftover balance will be sold publicly.

wpgsilver

Jun 14, 2011
Winnipeg
1:1 seems fair to me.
I don't share seats so it's not going to bite me.
I get why some ticket holders would like 2:1 etc, but the heritage classic seems like an ideal occasion to allow people who generally don't get to go to games to attend.

Guardian17

Strong & Free
Aug 29, 2010
Winnipeg
I was a Calgary Flames season ticket holder and I attended the Heritage Classic in Calgary.

The ticket distribution process is 1:1.

If you have 4 season tickets you will get 4 Heritage Classic tickets.

Apocalyptic Mist*

What would you guys think of an Oilers vs Jets heritage classic? At the new investers group field or Commonwealth?

1430MaroonsRoad

Sep 14, 2011
Winnipeg, MB
It'll be 1:1, so if you share tickets, hopefully you get lucky when you do your ticket draft.

I believe Calgary wait list members (or Hot House members, as they call them) got a crack at tickets as well. So if that's the case, I should be good through my Jets wait list membership.

I'm thinking tickets will be allocated as follows:

13,000 season ticket holders
8000 wait list seats
X # of Blue Bombers season ticket holders having access through a lottery
Then X # of the general public filling the rest through a lottery

Not sure if they will expand the capacity for this event like they say they can to 40,000 or keep it as is at 33,500.

Apocalyptic Mist*

Sounds good to me ... As far as venue goes ..... How's the traffic at Commonwealth ? :naughty:

traffic is not bad on game day, most people take the train there anyways. happy you guys are in the west and can see more oilers\jets games now.

CH3NO2

Jul 9, 2011
traffic is not bad on game day, most people take the train there anyways. happy you guys are in the west and can see more oilers\jets games now.

Yes just like the good old days....

And yeah if they get seating up to the 40k range...well lets just say that at least the bicycle valets won't be overworked for a Winter Classic game.Winter game traffic at IGF will be sustantially um, different than summer game traffic.

Regardless, still would love to see this game happen in Winnipeg.

Apocalyptic Mist*

Yes just like the good old days....

And yeah if they get seating up to the 40k range...well lets just say that at least the bicycle valets won't be overworked for a Winter Classic game.Winter game traffic at IGF will be sustantially um, different than summer game traffic.

Regardless, still would love to see this game happen in Winnipeg.

Would definately make the trek to Winnipeg if this happened. Even to a regular season game there against the oilers. :)

Guardian17

Strong & Free
Aug 29, 2010
Winnipeg
This an old post of mine from an old thread.

As a former Flames seasonticket holder who got seats to the Heritage Classic in Calgary in 2011 I'll give everyone a heads up on how this event is handled and how the tickets are distibuted for a Heritage Classic.

First, even though it is a Winnipeg Jets home game it is considered an "NHL Event" like the All Star Game.

Most of tickets will be distributed to NHL VIP's and corporate sponsers.

Jets season ticket holders will get first crack at the remaining tickets and will only be allowed to purchase tickets for the same amount of seats they currently have.

For example, I was a Flames Season Ticket Holder in 2010-11.

Since I owned two Flames season tickets, I was allowed to buy two Heritage Classic tickets.

If I wanted more tickets I would have to get in line like everyone else.

Also, because my seats in the Saddledome were two rows from the glass, my Heritage Classic seats were near the top of McMahnon Stadium because for a hockey game played in a football stadium the better seats are higher up.

People who had seats in the upper deck of the Saddledome and seats near the field in McMahnon Stadium as those seats are less desirable given the sightlines.

Calgary Stampeders season ticket holders were placed in a lottery and were given a portion of the seats as there were not enough seats to accomodate them all.

Whatever was left went to the general public.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad