Winter Classic question

KingsFanInRI

Waiting 4 next year
Aug 27, 2005
Outside Providence
I have a question for any of you who went to the WC @ Citizens... How high up in the lower level of seating would be high enough to see the ice? I am planning on going to Dodger Stadium and I don't want to get stuck with seats that are too low where I can't see the ice. Thanks in advance for the info.

LegionOfDoom91

Jan 25, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
I have a question for any of you who went to the WC @ Citizens... How high up in the lower level of seating would be high enough to see the ice? I am planning on going to Dodger Stadium and I don't want to get stuck with seats that are too low where I can't see the ice. Thanks in advance for the info.

I sat in the highest level possible (which I think is the 400 level at CBBP?) in the infield. I would say anything above the first level are good to go.

I actually think the Flyers priced it to where the higher you go the more expensive the tickets were at least in the infield. I also believe they gave most of those seats out to their season ticket holders.

Superman33

Feb 27, 2002
Bucks County.
I sat in the highest level possible (which I think is the 400 level at CBBP?) in the infield. I would say anything above the first level are good to go.

I actually think the Flyers priced it to where the higher you go the more expensive the tickets were at least in the infield. I also believe they gave most of those seats out to their season ticket holders.

Correct. I sat in the 400 level directly behind home plate and the seats were amazing. We walked around a little bit before hand and anything in the 100 level would have been bad. Between the boards, media scaffolds, and other objects you wouldn't be able to see the ice. The 200 level would have been okay, and the 300 level would have been just as nice as the 400. Both the 200 and 300 levels extend to the outfield, so I stuck with the 400 level as my choice since I knew they only went from 3rd to 3rd around the infield.

Sawdalite

SelectLouNolan4PFHoF
Apr 5, 2009
Frost-Bite Fails Minnesota
We were around the last row of the first section in short Right Field... just off the far dashers... and just outside the cover IIRC. Frankly I would have rather been in the upper levels to see above the glass distortion and more of the ice. I however wouldn't like to be too high... For the Alumni and Phantom Games we were behind Home Plate; great seats but I believe I would have liked being a section or so lower... maybe just off the rail... That said, they were much better than the lower level seats. I believe I went for the relatively higher cost on the extra games because they were not too expensive to begin with (all things considered).

At Fenway we were in the Right Field Bleachers and found them too far out and saw no ice... we watched the heads and had to look at their eye direction to know where the puck... We had small and far away video screens to watch the game with. The two Network camera stands obstructed some of our sightlines. I thought that being closer even though lower would offset the problems caused by the distance when buying the Bank seats... While much better, they were still not good for actually viewing the game... But the Bank Jumbotron was in good view and was a big plus.

Long story short... yeah the higher tier the better, but stay in the infield... and go lower rows in the tier's section. Expect to pay dearly however.

Have fun.

Last edited:

LegionOfDoom91

Jan 25, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
I actually met Wayne Simmonds at the Alumni Game, he was just casually walking around the complex on the 300 level just as the period was about to start. Pretty nice guy, he talked to us for a couple of minutes & took some pictures with is.

Hiesenberg

Jul 2, 2013
I would think you would probably want as close as you can get in the upper level. Baseball fields first level go back more than they go up. My guess is even if you were in the last row on the lower level it would still be hard to see.

KingsFanInRI

Waiting 4 next year
Aug 27, 2005
Outside Providence
I actually met Wayne Simmonds at the Alumni Game, he was just casually walking around the complex on the 300 level just as the period was about to start. Pretty nice guy, he talked to us for a couple of minutes & took some pictures with is.

I miss Simmer more than I miss Brayden Schenn

Of course he's nice, he's Canadian, we are all nice....;)

Except for Bryan Adams, but the Canadian government has apologized for him on several occasions ;)

I would think you would probably want as close as you can get in the upper level. Baseball fields first level go back more than they go up. My guess is even if you were in the last row on the lower level it would still be hard to see.

Kind of thinking the same way, but I saw some pics from Fenway and the view from the upper part of the lower seats is not as bad as I had thought.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad