GDT: Winter Classic 6:20 pm (TNT)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nsjohnson

Hockey.
Jun 22, 2012
Miami
Just wondering what most people's expectations were. Team hasn't played since last year, 3 studs were out, and the AHL players that could have made a difference are in Iowa.
It wasn't a question for me that they would be rusty and slow. Still thought they could have won but when you play 2 periods like that....woof.

Reactions: Olcoach

16thOverallSaveUs

Danila Yurov Fan Club Executive Assistant
May 2, 2018
I think webMD’s frostbite page is probably seeing an unusual amount of traffic from the twin cities area right now.

Olcoach

Nov 25, 2018
The Tundra
It wasn't a question for me that they would be rusty and slow. Still thought they could have won but when you play 2 periods like that....woof.
Blues seem to always be a tough opponent for us. With the long layoff alot of rust can accumulate. It be tough coming back at the EX, much less outdoor ice alot of guys haven't played on since they were 10. I hope Coach skates the heck out of them over the next few days.

Wild11MN

First round losers
May 28, 2013
MN
Well, the game sucked, but I'm still glad I went. The experience was great, and the fact that it was at night was actually sweet.

Throughout the first period I was totally fine, and I didn't really get cold much at all. Once the second period hit, it felt significantly colder, probably just more due to the fact that we had been outside for a while at that point. The 3rd period I was frozen.

The stands were about half-full for the 3rd period, but my guess is that a much higher chunk of the crowd was still there, just in the indoor areas or anywhere warmer. There were people just standing in the bathrooms throughout the night just to warm up.

Reactions: bluesXwinXtheXcup

63firebird

Apr 6, 2018
More than 1. Huge demoralizing loss to Division opponent. Gives Blues confidence and casts doubt on Minnesota come playoffs.
Assuming the Wild pull out of this Kamikaze and make the playoffs.

Nsjohnson

Hockey.
Jun 22, 2012
Miami
More than 1. Huge demoralizing loss to Division opponent. Gives Blues confidence and casts doubt on Minnesota come playoffs.
Assuming the Wild pull out of this Kamikaze and make the playoffs.
Holy overreaction.

No it isn't hugely demoralizing. It will be for a day or two. And then it won't be.

They know they didn't have three INCREDIBLY important players in Spurg, Brodin, and JEE.

They will move on, they have no choice.

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
Well, the game sucked, but I'm still glad I went. The experience was great, and the fact that it was at night was actually sweet.

Throughout the first period I was totally fine, and I didn't really get cold much at all. Once the second period hit, it felt significantly colder, probably just more due to the fact that we had been outside for a while at that point. The 3rd period I was frozen.

The stands were about half-full for the 3rd period, but my guess is that a much higher chunk of the crowd was still there, just in the indoor areas or anywhere warmer. There were people just standing in the bathrooms throughout the night just to warm up.
My son thought it was really well done. Especially liked the "Hockey Hair" bit, and the speech by the 5 yo. Was cold, but he was prepared. Said the fans were into it, though the 2nd period was a downer.

Reactions: Wild11MN

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
Holy overreaction.

No it isn't hugely demoralizing. It will be for a day or two. And then it won't be.

They know they didn't have three INCREDIBLY important players in Spurg, Brodin, and JEE.

exactly this. Missing those three players absolutely guts the heart of this team's D, though it doesn't help that Talbot had a bad game.

NHL1674

Whatever...
Sponsor
Aug 8, 2008
Minnesota
The team is just different without Brodin. But adding the loss of Ek and Spurgeon....yeah....we were gonna get pummeled. But that still wasn't an excuse for that second period. They should have been sent to the little rinks for that crap.

Reactions: Victorious Secret

63firebird

Apr 6, 2018
Boston Washington Edmonton Anaheim Colorado next.
…,,
Ek out reshuffled every line and all looked completely out of sync. Over reaction? I hope so.
5 minutes with no goalie and blues couldn’t score.
Maybe they should have pulled the goalie the whole second period?

63firebird

Apr 6, 2018
Holy overreaction.

I hope so. Colorado, Boston Edmonton Anaheim Washington coming up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad