Winnipeg WCF games aren't selling out

Status
Not open for further replies.

Critical13

Fear is the mind-killer.
Feb 25, 2017
Sitting at a desk.
Huh?

Median total income, by family type, by census metropolitan area (All census families)

Winnipeg's right in the middle in terms of median income at $81,880. That combines well with our relatively low cost of living.

Las Vegas median household income? $58,542.

List: Median household income of each Las Vegas Valley ZIP code

A handful of singles in the lower bowl priced at $600+ fees each isn't a doomsday scenario. I suspect that if that same $600+ seat was available at the STH price of $275 or so they'd be all snapped up in a second.

m.

I think comparing USD to CDN is a mistake...once you make the conversion it's a few percentage points difference. Not to mention the populations, and I am not sure why it would be cheaper to live in Winnipeg than Las Vegas, I'd love to see stats for that as well.

Your post, and the replies to it, are a good reason to fact check.

Critical13

Fear is the mind-killer.
Feb 25, 2017
Sitting at a desk.
There's a relativity factor in there but it's offset by having both income and expense denominated in the same currency.

Taxes however... oy.

m.

Agreed on taxes - I added to my original post. I think if you are going to make an argument like that, you should be fact checking your own info, otherwise you're commiting the same sin as Simmonds is with his shallow data.

Jets4Life

Dec 25, 2003
Westward Ho, Alberta

That is because Steve Simmons is a sad old little man. He thrives off trolling pro athletes, or any other event he can write about. Look up his interactions with Phil Kessel, Jose Bautista, and especially Marc Savard. That should tell you all you need to know about what type of human being Simmons is....

Reactions: kcin94 and Saidin

Flair Hay

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 22, 2010
Winnipeg
I don’t understand, isn’t there a permanent-sellout with a long wait list in Winnipeg? Are we talking about the tiny number of tickets the team releases on game day?

Pretty much yes. There was supposedly like 100 unsold.

This is just a bad Toronto journalist taking a cheap shot lol

cneely

Jan 6, 2005
But you have to compare it within context. How many people in Winnipeg are fans of other teams? I would wager not much. Now compare that with the circumstances that Ottawa deals with and the comparison becomes closer than you think
Huh?

Winnipeg didn't have a team for 15 years. I live in Winnipeg, and the vast majority of my acquaintances are not Jets fans.

kcin94

Jul 17, 2011
Can anyone fact check? Are this seats actually sold and being reselled or are they not sold?

There are some single seats unsold. The rest are tickets that were reserved by the team that get released on game day.

lomiller1

Jan 13, 2015
There's a relativity factor in there but it's offset by having both income and expense denominated in the same currency.

Taxes however... oy.

m.
Wrt to taxes don’t forget to account for different services these pay for. Health insurance for the average family of 4 in the costs ~$10K ($14K CDN) to give you medical coverage already included in your tax bill in Canada.

Reactions: TheJudge

Fastfrde

Oct 11, 2017
Winterpeg
Hahaha, tickets on seat exchange are already sold, just season ticket holders trying to resell for profit mostly or to recoup some cost. Day release tickets are always a crap shoot at any arena, we can't help the opposing team doesn't have enough family or friends to use up their allotment of tickets.

Move along, nothing to see here!

McFlash97

Oct 10, 2017
Steve Simmonds is an idiot, The Jets have more fans standing in the streets then some fans have packing arenas during games. Empty seats are not because its unsold tickets its 3rd party vendors trying to snatch up every last ticket in an effort to flip them last second for insane prices. Think of it as 1000 % markup. Its so few of them anyways.

Reactions: Snowman

snipes

How cold? I’m ice cold.
Dec 28, 2015
Huh?

Median total income, by family type, by census metropolitan area (All census families)

Winnipeg's right in the middle in terms of median income at $81,880. That combines well with our relatively low cost of living.

Las Vegas median household income? $58,542.

List: Median household income of each Las Vegas Valley ZIP code

A handful of singles in the lower bowl priced at $600+ fees each isn't a doomsday scenario. I suspect that if that same $600+ seat was available at the STH price of $275 or so they'd be all snapped up in a second.

m.

I mean, who needs real facts? Amirite.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad