Proposal: Winnipeg/Vegas

Troy

Nov 28, 2017
Off season

To Winnipeg: Paul Stastny, 3rd 2020
To Vegas: 5th 2020, Nelson Nogier

Vegas clears up cap space. Jets fill 2nd line center need for at least one season. Be gentle lol.

Snowman

Oct 12, 2007
Texas
Off season

To Winnipeg: Paul Stastny, 3rd 2020
To Vegas: 5th 2020, Nelson Nogier

Vegas clears up cap space. Jets fill 2nd line center need for at least one season. Be gentle lol.
No thanks from Winnipeg. Vegas needs to pay to move a cap dump and there is no need to give up much if anything in return.

Whileee

May 29, 2010
Doubt that Stastny would be a pure cap dump at this stage. He's still an effective player. They'll be much more motivated to move MAF and his contract.

Captain Mountain

Formerly Captain Wolverine
Jun 6, 2010
This seems dumb for Vegas.

Stastny is still a really effective player. He's UFA in 2021. Vegas doesn't need cap space unless they want to re-sign Lehner, and in that case, Fleury is gone. Centers are still a premium, especially two-way ones with no long term commitment.

Snowman

Oct 12, 2007
Texas
What?! I'd do this in a heartbeat as a Jets fan. Not a chance Vegas would though.
Why would the Jets give up assets for another rental and a cap dump at that? That is very poor asset management.

Vegas would do it, no questions asked, unless they have no intention of re-signing Lehner.

It is 2 years since Stastny player here. He is not the same player. He is a pure, outright cap dump.

Whileee

May 29, 2010
Did you not get the hint when Stastny didn't re-sign?
Vegas offered him more than the Jets could, with the Connor and Laine contract renewals looming. Stastny would consider the Jets I think, but I doubt the Jets would give much in return at this point.

Reactions: Peter Tagli Eddie
Nov 24, 2006
Why would the Jets give up assets for another rental and a cap dump at that? That is very poor asset management.

Vegas would do it, no questions asked, unless they have no intention of re-signing Lehner.

It is 2 years since Stastny player here. He is not the same player. He is a pure, outright cap dump.
I'm not sure I'd even call Nogier and a 3rd round pick assets to be honest. That is a worthless package. There is zero chance that Vegas would accept this, and Stastny is far from a cap dump.

Is it a long term solution? No. Would it help next year? Yes. And the assets that the Jets would give up to make that happen are next to nothing.

Reactions: Filthy Dangles

Captain Mountain

Formerly Captain Wolverine
Jun 6, 2010
I'm not sure I'd even call Nogier and a 3rd round pick assets to be honest. That is a worthless package. There is zero chance that Vegas would accept this, and Stastny is far from a cap dump.

Is it a long term solution? No. Would it help next year? Yes. And the assets that the Jets would give up to make that happen are next to nothing.

Its not even even a 3rd, its a 5th. OP has Winnipeg getting a 3rd.

Its absolutely ridiculous for Vegas.

Reactions: Royale With Cheese

Snowman

Oct 12, 2007
Texas

We'll see how many other Jet fans agree with you, but Stastny is the definition of a cap dump. Who cares if he helps make the Jets a little better next year? The Jets aren't making a Cup push next season if Stastny is the 2C.

$6.5 mil of wasted cap space for Winnipeg and we give up assets to do it, when Vegas has to move Stastny. That's just bad GM'ing if Chevy does it.

I'd rather give Roslovic or Copp the chance than waste the cap space on Stastny.

ETTHAKING67

Feb 12, 2019
Why would Vegas get rid of him ?

If they do, Avs should try to bring him back.

(Doesn't make a lot of sens hockey wise but I was so sad when he left so they should bring him back to please me)

howkie

Dec 13, 2014
Would only consider this move IF all other options are gone, so we talk right before trainingcamp

Tasteless Beaver

PLANE TEAM GOOD
Jul 8, 2015
Ottawa, Ontario
Jets take this all day, it still makes us a better team and we get a better pick out of it.

Vegas really hates the Jets for some reason, they would never make this move unless it somehow made us worse.

Reference material:
-Eakin trade
-Outbidding us on Stastny
-Outbidding us on Stone
-Retaining on Brassard for no reason other than making sure he went to Pittsburgh instead of Winnipeg
-Stealing Shane Hnidy :( (Lawless was a cap dump)

Daximus

Wow, what a terrific audience.
Sponsor
Oct 11, 2014
Five Hills
We'll see how many other Jet fans agree with you, but Stastny is the definition of a cap dump. Who cares if he helps make the Jets a little better next year? The Jets aren't making a Cup push next season if Stastny is the 2C.

$6.5 mil of wasted cap space for Winnipeg and we give up assets to do it, when Vegas has to move Stastny. That's just bad GM'ing if Chevy does it.

I'd rather give Roslovic or Copp the chance than waste the cap space on Stastny.

Nogier is a career AHLer and a 5th is a fart in the wind. This is basically a deadline deal that heavily favours the Jets. I'd do it in a second but I seriously doubt Vegas gives up Stastny for that package.

GaryPoppins

A broken clock is right twice in a day
Sep 10, 2016
Did you not get the hint when Stastny didn't re-sign?
He was intending to resign with Wpg and then GMGM swooped in with a last minute offer that Wpg couldn’t match without making other big moves.

thanks for playing!

TS Quint

I can see!
Sep 8, 2012
I wouldn't consider it. We need a long term solution, not a short term one.
I want a solution now. How many years has it been? This is the off-season to fix it. There have been plenty of opportunities leading up to now and this offseason should be the best chance. Ive been a Chevy supporter for his drafting and development but the Jets are past that. It’s time to contend or Chevy/Maurice can GTFO!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad