GDT: Winnipeg @ Toronto | The Next Great Goal Scorer.. & Patrick Laine | 730PM - TSN

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
318c63a5921b445cb67092ced2cbca78.png

hkn-world-cup-north-america-20160915.jpg

Projected Leafs Lineup

Zachary Hyman - Auston Matthews - William Nylander
James van Reimsdyk - Tyler Bozak - Connor Brown
Leo Komarov - Nazem Kadri - Joshua Leivo
Matt Martin - Ben Smith - Nikita Soshnikov

Morgan Rielly - Nikita Zaitsev
Jake Gardiner - Connor Carrick
Matt Hunwick - Roman Polak

Projected Starter; Frederik Andersen

*Mitch Marner could re-enter the lineup, knocking one of Leivo or Soshnikov out of the lineup, moving Brown back up with Matthews, and Nylander back with Kadri and Leo.

Projected Thrashers Lineup

Guy who sets up Laine - Guy who sets up Laine - Patrick ****ing Laine
Not Laine - Not Laine - Not Laine

Not Laine - Not Laine
Not Laine - Not Laine
Not Laine - Not Laine

Projected Starter: Not Laine

Last edited:

Mugzy97

#StandWitness
Mar 3, 2015
Halifax, NS
I want Marner back because he's so exciting to watch.

This game has huge standings implications as it is effectively our last "game in hand" and if we don't pick up a point we are on the outside looking in for real.

Trapper

Nov 21, 2013
Our push to the playoffs continues!
No regerts!

The only 3 I want to see in front of Laine's name tonight is -3.

Pi

Nov 16, 2010
Toronto
Damn that picture makes Laine look like an 80 year old granny.

Just get 2 points in this one. No excuses. Their defense is even more pathetic than ours. No reason we can't score 4-5 goals and win this one.

TOCap1

Nov 14, 2009
Toronto
Hopefully if Marner is back they knock Sosh out and Brown down to the 4th line to keep Leivo with Kadri and Willie with Matthews.

(I really hope they take out Smith but that's not happening so this is the next best thing)

Pi

Nov 16, 2010
Toronto
I want Marner back because he's so exciting to watch.

This game has huge standings implications as it is effectively our last "game in hand" and if we don't pick up a point we are on the outside looking in for real.

You definitely want a win here but losing doesn't change much to be honest. Standings are so tight that no matter what happens tonight or a week from now, you won't know if the Leafs made the playoffs until game 79-82.

Hoverhand

Barry Trotzky
Dec 6, 2015
Ontario
I've been critical of Martin all season but if he lays Laine out tonight I'll grant him criticism amnesty for the rest of the season.

Narow

Nov 11, 2016
Today shall be very one dimensional... the Laine dimension.

Looking forward to this game probably more so than any other regular season game.

Hoping Marner is in. That kid is fun to watch

Budsfan

Sep 17, 2006
$_35.JPG

Tuesday game preview: Winnipeg Jets and Toronto Maple Leafs
Jets defenceman Trouba suspended two games for illegal hit.

https://www.thestar.com/sports/leaf...ew-winnipeg-jets-and-toronto-maple-leafs.html

By Kevin McGranSports Reporter
Mon., Feb. 20, 2017

AIR CANADA CENTRE

PUCK DROP: 7:30 p.m.

TV: TSN4

RADIO: Sportsnet 590 The FAN

KEY PLAYERS

Laine vs. Matthews

This is marquee matchup that will draw the eyes of Calder Trophy watchers featuring the two highest scoring rookies in the NHL. The Jets’ Patrik Laine, the second overall pick in the June draft, had a hat trick against the Leafs earlier this season and has 28 goals and 24 assists. He was named player of the week Monday after scoring five goals and adding three assists in four games. Auston Matthews has 28 goals and 21 assists, including three goals and two assists in his last four games.

NEED TO KNOW

The Jets will be without defenceman Jacob Trouba for two games. He was suspended for an illegal hit on Ottawa’s Mark Stone on Sunday . . . The Jets are 3-0-1 over their last four games, including back-to-back wins over Montreal and Ottawa. Since Dec. 22, they are 9-4-2 (20 points) on the road . . . Winnipeg has just two fewer goals than the Maple Leafs (180 to 178) but has given up a lot more (167 to 193) . . . The Jets are 1-for-18 (5.6 per cent) on the power play in their last seven games and have gone five consecutive games (0-for-14) without scoring a power-play goal. They are 16-for-19 (84.2 per cent) on the penalty kill in their last seven games . . . Goalie Connor Hellebuyck is 3-0-1 with a .930 save percentage in his last four games.

UP NEXT

Thursday, vs. Rangers 7:30 p.m

Game Day: Jets at Maple Leafs

By Lance Hornby, Toronto Sun

http://www.torontosun.com/2017/02/21/game-day-jets-at-maple-leafs

WINNIPEG JETS at TORONTO MAPLE LEAFS

Tuesday, 7:30 p.m., Air Canada Centre

TV: TSN4; Radio: 590 AM

THE BIG MATCHUP

Patrik Laine vs. Auston Matthews

There’s a chance Mitch Marner gets added to this Calder cauldron match. Laine, who outplayed Matthews back on Oct. 19 and completed a hat tick in overtime in a game the Leafs had led 4-0, recovered from a concussion a few weeks ago to make the rookie race tight again. Matthews stayed with Marner and Laine in points during Marner’s shoulder injury. But Nazem Kadri’s line likely will draw some time against Laine’s group.

SPECIAL TEAMS

LEAFS -- PP 23.0% (1st), PK 83.5% (9th)
JETS -- PP 17.5% (19th), PK 77.1% (26th)

SICK BAY

LEAFS -- RW Mitch Marner (shoulder)
JETS -- G Ondrej Pavelec (lower body); D Toby Enstrom (lower body); D Tyler Myers (lower body); C/LW Andrew Copp (lower body); LW Marko Dano (lower body); RW Drew Stafford (illness)

C5MYTL7WMAAXo9V.jpg

Morbo

The Annihilator
Jan 14, 2003
Toronto
the rookie matchup will get all the press but we really need these 2 points against an opponent that actually has a worse D than ours.

thewave

Jun 17, 2011
It's the big game, tonight featuring Laine vs Matthews in an all out death-match to the bitter end. The winner of this game undoubtedly to get the most Calder votes. So for all the marbles here we have it... Tonight!!! LIIIIIIIVE!!!

Mess

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Leafs Home Board
the rookie matchup will get all the press but we really need these 2 points against an opponent that actually has a worse D than ours.

With Trouba suspended and Myers and Enstrom injured that has 1/2 of Jets D on the sidelines for this one.

Leafs have to be able to expose that weakness.

RightyYourWrongy*

Feb 19, 2017
We suck at home mainly due to Babcock's insistent line-matching.

Two of our super Rookies (Matthews, Nylander) perform better on the road away from it than at home.

I see a loss coming.

5-1 Winnipeg.

This is an easy game to call really.

HockeyGuruPitka

Jan 27, 2010
Toronto
Key to a Leafs win tonight is shutting down Laine.

Cant give him an inch, and need to play him physically.

We also need to score the first goal.

Tesaka

Jun 28, 2016
Finland
Jets fan here jumping into fire of your GTD. I am upset that Marner is not playing (is I understand correctly), really wanted to see him too vs Jets. Wish you guys good luck and hoping both Matthews and Laine have a great game, both been quite awesome whole season.

Hoping play is hard but fair, lets start the game already PLEASE!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad