Rumor: Winnipeg to get new Alternate jersey; revamped main jersey.

GaryPoppins

A broken clock is right twice in a day
Sep 10, 2016
According to a post on Twitter by Director of Marketing for the Calgary flames, all NHL Jerseys are getting a slight revamp to have texturing to all the logos(as seen on attached image).

Also, it is rumoured that the Jets are getting a new alternate this year(see second attachment). Guess the aviator wasn’t getting it done. Is this the year that we finally see a heritage style as a third? Or, will we see a third more akin to the 90s?

let the speculation begin!

Attachments

• 77600384-358F-42EE-8576-F1D2A0361A15.png
    77600384-358F-42EE-8576-F1D2A0361A15.png
    464.5 KB · Views: 47
  • 3646693F-2B9F-4EBA-BD5E-AEF406369940.jpeg
    3646693F-2B9F-4EBA-BD5E-AEF406369940.jpeg
    415.1 KB · Views: 45
Reactions: Guardian17

LucianoBorsato

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 3, 2015
Winnipeg
According to a post on Twitter by Director of Marketing for the Calgary flames, all NHL Jerseys are getting a slight revamp to have texturing to all the logos(as seen on attached image).

Also, it is rumoured that the Jets are getting a new alternate this year(see second attachment). Guess the aviator wasn’t getting it done. Is this the year that we finally see a heritage style as a third? Or, will we see a third more akin to the 90s?

let the speculation begin!

Nevermind a new Jets alternate, did I just read there is going to be a Seals jersey (presumably worn by San Jose) ???

jetsmooseice

Let Chevy Cook
Feb 20, 2020
Not too surprising that the Aviator will get dispatched judging by the number of them I've seen on clearance racks around town over the last year.

Are the Reverse Retros coming back this season?

Reactions: DancesWithWookies

GaryPoppins

A broken clock is right twice in a day
Sep 10, 2016
Tha
Not too surprising that the Aviator will get dispatched judging by the number of them I've seen on clearance racks around town over the last year.

Are the Reverse Retros coming back this season?

that had crossed my mind. It’s the lowest hanging fruit for the organization and they were pretty widely accepted after (unsurprisingly) being ragged on from the original renders.

As a jersey nerd, here’s hoping an entire new design.

jetsforever

Dec 14, 2013
I'm not a huge fan of the Aviator 3rds but I do like some consistency in jersey designs so hopefully that style isn't gone for good. Some reference to the Heritage ones would be great though in the new 3rds.

Reactions: Guardian17

Daximus

Wow, what a terrific audience.
Sponsor
Oct 11, 2014
Five Hills
I'm not a huge fan of the Aviator 3rds but I do like some consistency in jersey designs so hopefully that style isn't gone for good. Some reference to the Heritage ones would be great though in the new 3rds.

Yeah I hope they aren't gone forever. I like consistency but also variety. They aren't horrible so I wouldn't mind seeing them for a few games every season.

Reactions: jetsforever

GreenLine

May 24, 2021
The aviator jerseys are good except for the bland script logo. The bright blue is far more unique than navy. With a better logo it'd be a great third jersey but none of the existing Jets logos fit that colour scheme.

I don't see a rebranding with the heritage classic style as the main jerseys unless ticket sales really start to tank. It's the ace up their sleeves for if that ever happens - they can't play that card yet.

Reactions: thereturn

GreenLine

May 24, 2021
Speaking of. I've ways wondered about a jersey with a lot more red in it with this as the logo. What do u guys think?
JetsShoulder-795x485.jpg
The pilot wings concept could work really nicely but the proportions of that particular logo are clearly not suitable for a jersey crest. It looks like a shoulder patch.

Pilot wings coming off a W could look really nice though.

B33R LEAGUE

"Just another day at the office" -Byfuglien
May 19, 2021
Anyone got any leaks?

I remember a time when we were all waiting for the Heritage Classic Jerseys to be released.

My brother worked for a shipping company in Calgary at the time.

One day, he sent me a text asking me if I could keep a secret if he told me something that was confidential. At that time, I thought he was having a baby or something and wanted to keep it hush hush.

I said of course.

2 minutes later i gotta text with a photo of the Heritage Jersey stuffed in a cardboard box.

This was two (2) days before TNSE released those teaser photos. So it was kinda a big deal at the time lol.

Great memories.

Cant wait to see the new jerseys!

Last edited:

Guardian17

Strong & Free
Aug 29, 2010
Winnipeg
I would like to see something totally new, something aggressive looking, something out of the box. No more throw backs to the Jets 1.0, that’s too easy and overdone.

Speaking of. I've ways wondered about a jersey with a lot more red in it with this as the logo. What do u guys think?

I have always been a fan of the Jets original color scheme of Blue, White & Red.

I love the red pants of the Heritage jerseys and I think Red is a way more aggressive color than Baby Blue.

So a brand new, out-of-the-box jersey with the traditional Jets colors would be awesome!

Reactions: Mortimer Snerd

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad