Winnipeg or Toronto Quartet...

Which Quartet do you build around for the 2021/22 season and onward...

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

All Mod Cons

Sep 7, 2018
I’ll go with the Jets

Matthews is better than Schiefele but it’s close, and I think Ehlers is just a smidge better than Ehlers.

Then I have Connor + Dubois >> Tavares + Nylander. The cap space is huge, too. You could turn that into some real quality pieces. The Toronto group just makes too much money, especially Tavares.
You also had the Leafs missing the playoffs.

Dekes For Days

Sep 24, 2018
This is easily the Leafs.
This is my 2nd poll comparing the Toronto quartet , and it amazes me why people take Toronto factoring in contracts.
So essentially, you're making polls in attempts to make the Leaf players lose... something that is incredibly easy to do with the anti-Leaf bias that exists in this forum... and yet you're still failing at it?
are people aware no nhl player in the history of the nhl, with a cap hit of 10 mil AAV or higher has ever won a 7 game playoff series....like ever!
For the overwhelming majority of "the history of the NHL" until the last few years, revenue (and the salary cap) was too low for 10m+ players to exist (not to mention the impact now illegal retirement contracts had), so not sure what you think that proves, especially when you're taking out series wins through added criteria. It's also an incredibly arbitrary number, most evident by the fact that last year's cup winner featured a 9.5m player, and an 8.5m player that didn't even play.

Reactions: Jimmy Firecracker

CatchyTune

JOHN TAVARES IS A MAPLE LEAF
Jan 8, 2016
Ontario
I’ll go with the Jets

Matthews is better than Schiefele but it’s close, and I think Ehlers is just a smidge better than Ehlers.

Then I have Connor + Dubois >> Tavares + Nylander. The cap space is huge, too. You could turn that into some real quality pieces. The Toronto group just makes too much money, especially Tavares.
im getting

4jLH675U.jpg

vibes

also i really hope you werent going to say Ehlers is better than Marner.

Reactions: Mats13 and 1specter

Iapyi

Apr 19, 2017
Canadian Prairies
This is my 2nd poll comparing the Toronto quartet , and it amazes me why people take Toronto factoring in contracts.

are people aware no nhl player in the history of the nhl, with a cap hit of 10 mil AAV or higher has ever won a 7 game playoff series....like ever!

they have 40 million tied up in 4 players as mentioned by the poster above me, and yet the majority still pick Toronto. I just think it’s fascinating

At least you admit you were trying to create an unbalanced poll. How suave and conniving of you. :confused:

LEAFANFORLIFE23

Jun 17, 2010
I’ll go with the Jets

You'll go with the Jets because you literally ALWAYS vote against Toronto

Mats13

Apr 22, 2015
The question is aksing which 4 would you take considering their contracts. 4 players 40 mils Toronto vs 4 players 24 mils Jets.
If I would build a new team, the difference in cap space is huge.

As for moving assets, I would say it is easier to build around 4 top forwards than around 3...If you trade Tavares from that quartet, you are left with 3 forwards making more money than the Jest quartet, yet combining (this season) for fewer goals, fewer assits and fewer points. And somehow this is better because.... Something something, Toronto.

If it’s easier to build around the Winnipeg guys, why are the Leafs better?

Michael HOMERUNing

Feb 24, 2019
You guys keep talking about the extra cap space, let's look at who the Jets are spending this cap on:
4 million dollar 3rd liner Mathieu Perreault
3 million dollar #6 d-man Dylan Demelo
6 million dollar fringe 2nd liner Bryan Little

If you go through every team in the league, you're gonna see the same situation with 90 percent of them. The reality is, most GMs struggle to use their cap space effectively. And you guys actually think you can do a better job.

Jimmy Firecracker

Fire Sheldon.
Mar 30, 2010
Mississauga

they have 40 million tied up in 4 players as mentioned by the poster above me, and yet the majority still pick Toronto. I just think it’s fascinating

Dude just make a “Leafs 4 vs Lightning 4” if you want Toronto to lose a poll so badly. I mean honestly it’s not hard to get Leafs players to lose polls on this board.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad