Winnipeg looks good

Status
Not open for further replies.

thejaf7

Mar 21, 2010
After a rough start, the Jets have bounced back. Multiple hat tricks, Laine scoring, Helle solid in net (biggest difference from last year is having solid Goaltending for this team). Currently sitting second in the Central.

[mod]

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Zamuz and Nizdizzle

cneely

Jan 6, 2005
After a rough start, they are 7-1-2 in their last 10. Yup, they look good.
Still not a fan of Maurice, but their roster is deep and all around impressive. Will be even better once Lowry and Perreault come back.

Health and goaltending held them back last year. I expect they'll challenge for a top 3 division spot by the end of the year.

Reactions: thejaf7

ijuka

May 14, 2016
I guess it depends on your point of view.

The last game was good and one would hope they can keep it up. However, before that, they really have been a 1 line team. The LEL line has been struggling massively and the bottom 6 really can't do much positive(It'd help if Matthias could have converted on any of his 50+ quality scoring chances). Advanced stats also have been more or less weak.

The hope would be that the first line and Hellebuyck can keep them afloat for long enough until the rest of the lines are able to play at a decent level.

As for the defense, it's actually been quite good. Buff hasn't been doing too much of his usual nonsense and even Kulikov was fine last game.

Reactions: thejaf7

ffh

Jul 16, 2016
Its not just the goaltending. The defense is much much better. Also once we played our 2nd game of the year it was more games for our top 6 dmen together then all of last year. Our top 6 played together 1 period all of last year. Kulikov and myers have been good. Last year it was chairot and postma. Huge diffrence.

Reactions: Robinson2187

Kelly

Nov 12, 2012
After a rough start, the Jets have bounced back. Multiple hat tricks, Laine scoring, Helle solid in net (biggest difference from last year is having solid Goaltending for this team). Currently sitting second in the Central.

Looking forward to discussing the Leafs in this thread.

GREAT.

One team
7-3-2 38 GF 34 GA
Other team
8-6-0 53 GF 49 GA

One team looks good, one team looks bad.

:laugh: Oh HF.

In all honesty, Jets have looked good since their first couple games, which shouldn't surprise many people, they have way too much talent on that team not to at least contend for the playoffs.

The Winter Soldier

Apr 4, 2011
I am not 100% convinced yet. They have tightened up noticeably. To the point some of their offensive players are being criticized for lesser production. But there are lesser events at perhaps both ends of the ice. I have found them less exciting to watch this season, but I guess at 7-3-2 is all that matters right now. I do want to see them with Perrault back. This will give them what should be 3 good scoring lines. With a healthy line up and just average goaltending. If they continue to win. I will believe. Injuries and atrocious goaltending along with mediocre coaching did them in last season.

Whileee

May 29, 2010
Hitchcock said they played like a pack of wolves. They have started to play a much faster and aggressive pressure game with tight gaps, capitalizing on great team speed and a mobile D. They are also playing a compact defensive structure, giving up peripheral shots but not nearly as many high danger shots. Solid goaltending and high end offensive talent does the rest. Lower shot attempts is deceptive because they have a lot of skilled players that wait and make plays rather than throwing a lot of shots on net. They've also been more disciplined, improving their penalty ratio.

Reactions: thetracksuit

IPS

Sep 28, 2017
Good on Maurice for knowing what to do .

He knew that the Jets went on their best winning stretch when Laine was off the top line and had his minutes reduced. Scheifele/Wheeler is a much better line and the Jets have won far more with Laine in a lesser role. Pretty sure he reflected on his mistakes a lot during the off-season.

IPS

Sep 28, 2017
To the people knocking the city itself: The prairie province culture is truly one of a kind. Some of the most genuine people you'll ever come across. If you find yourself stuck on the side of the road with a flat tire, tons of folks have no problem pulling over and helping a guy out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad