GDT: Winnipeg Jets @ Washington Capitals - Tuesday, January 18th, 2022 - 6:00pm CT - TSN3 - CJOB

Status
Not open for further replies.

macmaroon

Winnipeg Jets fan since 1972
Sponsor
Sep 3, 2011
Winnipeg Manitoba
www.macmaroon.com
After another four days off, the Jets are back in action against the 21-9-9 Washington Capitals. It's pretty hard for the Jets to get some momentum going with all of this time off, but at least this is the first of four games in six nights, so as a fan, it should be an enjoyable week....

One of my favourite players is Alexander Ovechkin, and I have been a big fan of his since he was drafted...

ovechkin_alexander.jpg

...but he's getting up in age (come to think of it, so am I :wally:), and I was wondering what he was going to do after hockey? So the theme for this GDT is Alexander Ovechkin's Retirement Plans.

His last O-Pee-Chee card...

AlexOvechkinCard.jpg

President of the United States

ovi.jpg

Okay, so you technically have to be born in the United States to become the Commander-in-Chief, but I'm sure that by the time Ovie retires, they may change the laws to allow American Citizens to be the leader of the free world...

Firefighter

halloween_ovis.png

After setting the league on fire with his goal scoring ability, Ovie may decide to put out some of the ones that he started. On the other hand, his wife may have been the one setting the blazes....:sarcasm:

Super Sleuth

FD7WZyYXEAod9Eh

Sherlock Holmes may be called the world's greatest detective, but the "Great Eight" may give him a run for his money. Solving goaltenders has always been easy for Ovie, so solving crimes can't be any more difficult, could it?

Musketeer

maxresdefault.jpg

While Zorro may be famous for slashing the letter "Z" on villains chests, Ovie could match that with his famous signature "8"...

Rapper

AlexOvechkinRapper.jpg

Yo Yo Yo, the "Gr8 8" is hangin' with his homeys. Listen dawg, if you wanna look fly, you need some new kicks...

Joining the Rolling Stones

alexander-ovechkin.png

If Mick Jagger can't go out on stage during the next Steel Wheelchair tour, Ovie would have no problem jumping in as his replacement...

Darth Ovie

19021716_10155446097447490_1529868185_n.jpg

With the passing of Darth Vader, the Dark Side needs a new Commander and I think Ovie would be a perfect fit. He is a great leader and is a master with his hockey stick...I mean light sabre....

The Easter Bunny

alex-ovechkin-bunny-suit-screengrabjpg.jpg

Ovie has scored too many goals in his career, so this might be a bit of a stretch for him. But no matter what he decides to do after he retires, his future looks bright....except for tonight! Lay an egg Alex! Go Jets Go! :hockey:

P.S. Sorry for posting this a bit early, but with all the snow coming overnight, I'll be too busy shoveling in the morning before heading to work...

Jets 31

This Dude loves the Jets and GIF's
Sponsor
Mar 3, 2015
Winnipeg
Ovie the most likeable personality in the game for me.
Jets usually have trouble with the Caps… today no exception but 5-4 Jets
PLD with a big game
GJG
Ovi is a great hockey player and the guy is tied for most points in the NHL and goals scored and the guy is going to be 37 this year.:clap:Now having said all that i hope the Jets destroy Washington tonight.:nod:

kanadalainen

A pint of dark matter, please.
Jan 7, 2017
The 100th Meridian
tattooed-shakespeare-mathew-mcfarren.jpg

Laviolette! - Be upended at yon Jets fell behest
While all Helle shall carry thee away,
Kusnetsov hath shyte his pants with interest,
At centre ice, this memorial to the Caps shall stay.
When Ovie and Hagelin reviewest this, aye they dost review
And Orlov and Carlson clamber up thy dung-ed scree:
Our lines move but on sweet ice, which is their due;
Jets’ spirit is thine, the better part of we:
So when in the third thou Caps have lost the dregs of life,
The prey of worms, their spirits being dead,
The lack of rebound to the goals of Scheif,
Too slow of skate while Fly, their defence shred.
The worth of that is that which it contains,
And that is this, a Jet’s win with we remains.

Last edited:

ps241

The Ballad of Ville Bobby
Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010
I use to cheer for a pro team called the Jets now I cheer for an NCAA old timers team that plays once a week vs twice on the weekend. Honestly I think I might need a program for our own team tongiht.

Nice GDT @macmaroon Ovi use to be a huge Ivan Drago style heel for me but that entire cup celebration totally swung me from a guy I loved to cheer against to a total baby face where I might have even bought his jersey that summer. Not enough personality in the NHL and Ovi has enough personality for about 3 teams.

voyageur

Hockey fanatic
Jul 10, 2011
we'll see. they'd need to shed ~2.5m in salary cap if im interpreting cap-friendly correctly if wheeler is activated. so we'll see if players get sent down/other moves.

I think it's the same as before he went down. Jets are maxed at a 22 player roster.

Now if Samberg makes the team, the Jets have two decisions, either waive Beaulieu, and try to put him on the taxi squad like Washington has done with Kempny, or carry extra ELC forwards on the taxi squad, and have 2 extra d-men on the roster. So that doesn't necessarily close the door on Perfetti, as Vesalainen is an ELC. It's also possible that Samberg goes on to the taxi squad when Dillon comes back, and essentially leaps Beaulieu, which allows the Jets to carry an extra forward.

Reactions: Jetfaninflorida
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad