GDT: Winnipeg Jets @ Toronto Maple Leafs at 7:00pm on SNO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Burnie97

Jun 26, 2015
Canada
Leafs lineup :

Update:
They won't have Brooks in so 11 forwards ... and Lehtonen is 7th d man.

Jets lineup:

Edited... updated lineup for tonight...

Winnipeg Jets (1-0-0, fourth in the North Division) vs. Toronto Maple Leafs (2-1-0, first in the North Division)

Toronto; Monday, 7 p.m. EST

BOTTOM LINE: The Toronto Maple Leafs host Winnipeg after Patrik Laine scored two goals in the Jets' 4-3 overtime victory against the Flames.
Toronto went 36-25-9 overall and 12-8-2 in division action in the 2019-20 season. The Maple Leafs averaged 32.9 shots per game last season on the way to scoring 3.4 goals per game.
Winnipeg finished 11-6-4 in division play and 17-14-3 on the road in the 2019-20 season. The Jets averaged 31.3 shots per game last season on the way to scoring 3.0 goals per game.
The matchup Monday is the first meeting of the season between the two teams.

INJURIES:

Maple Leafs: Robertson

Jets: Little, Demelo (new baby not traveling with team), Forsberg, Harkins, Laine, Poolman, Toninato.

A bunch of their injuries are due to covid protocols. Laine is out tonight. He left practice the other day.

Big W again so the Leafs can get rolling early in the season.

Go Leafs Go

Last edited:
Reactions: Eric bungay

Nineteen67

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 12, 2017
What time do the line ups have to made public? Games start at noon eastern.

Rob Brown

Way She Goes
Dec 17, 2009
Ehlers didn't practice yesterday but traveled with the team, so I'd assume he's in tonight.

BAM

Nov 21, 2016
Holy shit that Jets defence is bad. That defence with big Buff, Trouba, Morrissey, and Myers was legit.

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
It's funny that we were told last year that we had no experience and had no leadership on the team.

We had a couple veterans to help the core, and now the joke is that our team is filled with old players. I feel like the Sens board mentioned it a ton, and now the Jets GDT mentions it.

Just shows that fans of other teams will bash us no matter we do :laugh:

dangomon

Nov 4, 2017
Kingston, ON
I'm excited for Andersen to start this one. Up until we acquired Campbell he's never had any form of competition, even last season no one expected Jack to take any starts other than what was necessary. Now he should have some urgency; it's clear that he will lose some starts (I don't think Jack will be the "starter" unless Fred is injured or, like, REALLY bad) if he isn't playing his best.

From here on out, every Jack win should put a little more fire under his butt, so now we see whether he can handle it for the first time in his Leafs career

Nineteen67

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 12, 2017
what the hell happened to Laine?

if Andy shits the bed, i vote we cycle Andy and Campbell every other game until andy gets his groove. cant afford andy going on a long cold streak
Laine shows injured - day to day on one site I looked at. What happened?

SeaOfBlue

The Passion That Unites Us All
Aug 1, 2013
It's funny that we were told last year that we had no experience and had no leadership on the team.

We had a couple veterans to help the core, and now the joke is that our team is filled with old players. I feel like the Sens board mentioned it a ton, and now the Jets GDT mentions it.

They do realize their captain is 34 years old right? Older than everyone on our roster except for Thornton and Spezza?

A team adds three guys over the age of 30 and suddenly we are "old".

Reactions: Mitch nylander

Nineteen67

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 12, 2017
They do realize their captain is 34 years old right? Older than everyone on our roster except for Thornton and Spezza?

A team adds three guys over the age of 30 and suddenly we are "old".
I wish the Leafs had added Chara as one of their olds.

Reactions: Confucius

Maplebeasts

I See Demons!!!!!
Oct 26, 2014
Barrie, Ontario

oWUuoMf.gif

Reactions: Dion TheFluff

The Podium

Feb 19, 2010
Toronto
Should be able to take advantage of that D, especially this early in the season. Hellebuyck didnt look unbeatable in his first game either.

Add to that Laine out and Ehlers questionable and this should be a winnable game.

leaffaninvancouver

formerly in Victoria
Jan 11, 2012
Should be able to take advantage of that D, especially this early in the season. Hellebuyck didnt look unbeatable in his first game either.

Add to that Laine out and Ehlers questionable and this should be a winnable game.

This team is good enough that every game should be winnable. We just need them to play to their potential. I don't expect to win every game, but I want to lose a game because the other team stood on their head, not because we beat ourselves again.

AvroArrow

Fire Keefe
Jun 10, 2011
Toronto
Must win game, prime opportunity to get ahead. Jets are gonna come out hard, they know they're missing some of their best guys, just start on time and play our game and this should be a guaranteed win considering their injuries. Anything short of a regulation win will be a disappointment.

CantLoseWithMatthews

Sep 28, 2015
Brooks on the 4th line sounds okay, but Brooks-Spezza-Simmonds is probably not going to be very good and Keefe will likely not trust them for more than 5 minutes. Still no idea why he doesn't want the guy who made his 4th line actually playable against Columbus and our best PKer

Reactions: Brobust

OVO16

#WeTheNorth
Apr 16, 2017
Brooks on the 4th line sounds okay, but Brooks-Spezza-Simmonds is probably not going to be very good and Keefe will likely not trust them for more than 5 minutes. Still no idea why he doesn't want the guy who made his 4th line actually playable against Columbus and our best PKer

Keefe's been all talk so far. Before the season began, he was saying things like

"Our Bottom 6 needs to be more physical"
"We need to be meaner in front of the net"
"We need to be meaner as a group"
"We need to get more physical on the boards"

Meanwhile, he's out here rotating in Powder Puffs like Barabanov and Adam Brooks, while also employing Jason Spezza on the 4th line.

Reactions: ForzaZuffa and IPS

crump

~ ~ (ړײ) ~ ~
Feb 26, 2004
Ontariariario

Brooks on the left should be a safe add.

I wonder if they will occasionally just swap out the bottom defensive lines once in a while to keep everyone involved. At least Bogosian to keep Lehtonen in the mix

shaner8989

Aug 6, 2005
Wait why is Anderson starting?

Worst goalie in the league every single season to start.
He’s lost 2 straight playing like trash.
Campbell just won and played significantly better then Anderson.

poor poor poor decisions already keefe

shaner8989

Aug 6, 2005
Of course lehtonen still doesn’t get a game

Bogo and Holl been dog shit.

free rides for the trash. No accountability already

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad