Winnipeg Jets Top Shelf Prospects

Nickel eye Heel hers

Happy thoughts
Feb 12, 2016
granola island, BC
I actually agree with Kostalek choice. I think he might end up a 2nd pairing defenseman.
I was voting for Jan long before most posters were when we were ranking our prospects. He had a bad season last year but so did quite a few Moose.
I think Kostalek is going to have a bounce back season this year and surprise a few posters.

Mortimer Snerd

You kids get off my lawn!
Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014
Apparently our D pool was deep before this draft. :sarcasm:

We do have Glover and Poolman so ..... yeah! :sarcasm:

That was the only real fumble in the article though. I thought it was pretty good. Actually seemed to know who our prospects are.

FishWhiskey

Jul 31, 2016
Its good to see Kostalek get some love. It would be a huge bonus to see him reach his potential.

My pick for sleeper prospect would have to be Tucker Poolman. I watched him play in the Frozen Four tourney in the spring and the kid has something special. He is one of those guys that elevates his game in important situations and can do something electrifying that drives up the whole teams compete level.

Any other Poolman fans out there?

LastWordArmy

Sep 11, 2011
Canada
We do have Glover and Poolman so ..... yeah! :sarcasm:

That was the only real fumble in the article though. I thought it was pretty good. Actually seemed to know who our prospects are.

We like Morrissey to be a top 4 defender, and are fans of Kostalek.

That's two pretty good players ahead of Glover and Poolman.

MrBoJangelz71

Jan 14, 2014
Very good write up but you might want to correct this:

Morrissey had a solid first AHL season, after turning pro last summer. He scored three goals and 19 assists in 22 games for the Manitoba Moose.

22 points total, 57 games played

Mortimer Snerd

You kids get off my lawn!
Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014
We like Morrissey to be a top 4 defender, and are fans of Kostalek.

That's two pretty good players ahead of Glover and Poolman.

The sarcasm is directed at this line:
On defence the Jets have added Logan Stanley, Luke Green, and Jacob Cederholm in this year’s draft. They add to an already deep group that includes Morrissey, Kostalek, Jack Glover, and Tucker Poolman.

Prior to this draft Morrissey and Kostalek were regarded as our only real D prospects and some don't think Kostalek belongs there. Hard to call 1 player a deep pool or even 2. Quite a few regard Sami Niku as a good 'darkhorse' possibility. Lots of room for different opinions on those players but Morrissey is the only high-end prospect. Even after this draft we have only added to the long shots in the pool not to the high probability top 4 potential prospects.

Even with the additions I think it is a bit of a stretch to call the Jets prospect pool deep at D.

ijuka

May 14, 2016
Kyle Connor's NHLe using his season at NCAA:

26 goals + 27 assists = 53 points in 82 games

This is a better NHLe than for instance William Nylander's, who did have 13 points in 22 NHL games. It's also a better NHLe than Mikko Rantanen's.

Considering what I've seen of him as well as his skill set as a whole, I'd be surprised if he started anywhere but with Jets.

A good comparison would be Jack Eichel, right? Let's see.

Eichel scored 24+32=56 in 81 games in NHL.

His NHLe for that season was

18 goals + 30 assists = 48 points in 82 games.

Hence, Connor's NHLe is also better than Eichel's was before his 56p season. It's also better than Matthews's, for the record.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad