Winnipeg Jets Top 20 Prospects 2016 - #7

buggs

screenshot
Sponsor
Jun 25, 2012
somewhere flat
Could care less how many times you proclaim to have watched him, you are completely wrong on your assessment.

In 2 to 3 years, I will enjoy calling you out on this. He will be at worst, a third line winger, at worst. Second line IMO most likely.

So out of curiosity who do you see him displacing to play second line?

I'm hopeful he has third line potential and can emulate his dad's career but I honestly don't know if that will be the case.

MrBoJangelz71

Jan 14, 2014
So out of curiosity who do you see him displacing to play second line?

I'm hopeful he has third line potential and can emulate his dad's career but I honestly don't know if that will be the case.

I do not see him assuming that role for at least 3 to 4 seasons, when Little and Wheeler are off the books. He will be 23 -24, ready to handle the load.

His skating has improved from last year, from what I have seen. He already has an NHL shot, size and strength. He definitely has the drive to get there as well. I hold BL in high regards, and believe he has a very big role for this team going forward.

Or at least a bigger role than 4rth line fodder as Holden has suggested. :laugh:

MrBoJangelz71

Jan 14, 2014
Of those 22% that made the NHL, Lemieux's statistical cohorts:
3% 1st liners
4% 2nd liners
6% 3rd liners
12% 4th liners
rest replacement level

For what it's worth, I think he will peak at 3rd line not 4th or replacement, but that's just my gutalytics.

If he continues to be successful at potting goals, to a lesser extent in the NHL of course, but if his goal scoring trend continues to the Moose, do you think that would lift him to the second line down the road?

My only concern that would prevent him from rising to a second line is his skating, and I believe he is already decent in that regard, with an ability to improve over the next couple of years.

If he can find early chemistry with someone like a Connor, maybe that is his ticket to the second line.

Duke749

Savannah Ghost Pirates
Apr 6, 2010
Canton, Georgia
Thankfully, you haven't a clue what his true capabilities are, 4rth line is his upside? :laugh:

That statement pretty much sums up your abilities to assess talent.

He is, was and will always be considered a middle 6 forward potential with first line abilities.

So Holden has no clue when he says his upside is a 4th liner, but you know what's up when you say he has first liner "abilities"? :help:

If Lemeiux has so much potential, then why isn't he our 4th or 5th best prospect?

EpicGingy

Jul 30, 2012
Ontario
So Holden has no clue when he says his upside is a 4th liner, but you know what's up when you say he has first liner "abilities"? :help:

If Lemeiux has so much potential, then why isn't he our 4th or 5th best prospect?

Because all of us are wrong, man.

MrBoJangelz71

Jan 14, 2014

To criticize the prospect pool of this team, because Brendan Lemieux is considered your 7th best on your depth chart, is ridiculous.

There are 20 plus teams that would have Lemieux sitting in their top 5, and probably half of them having him in their top 3.

The reason he is not in our top 5 is because we have amazing depth, not because he is a hack of a player.

truck

Jun 27, 2012
www.arcticicehockey.com
Lets rephrase that. His gauge is a middle 6 that can move up to the first if needed. With that said, like a Paul Maclean, if he gets chemistry with certain player, his ability to consistently score could see him in a first line role one day.

But I realistically can see him falling into a second line role when he reaches his peak.
Realistically, that is near a best case scenario - not a realistic scenario.

10Ducky10

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 5, 2015
Probably ends up a really good 4th liner or an almost average 3rd liner.

MrBoJangelz71

Jan 14, 2014
Realistically, that is near a best case scenario - not a realistic scenario.

Time will tell. Button had him as a top 6 forward so the thinking is not that far fetched*or unrealistic.

He scores consistently, plays a tough game, and he will provide a service this team does not have much of, a player that can protect other players and be productive offensively at the same time.

That will carry weight on this team, filled with younger skilled players, having a someone like Brendan who will step in for his teammates when needed, and not hurt your on ice performance.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad