Winnipeg Jets Top 20 Prospects 2016 - #1

Holden Caulfield

Eternal Skeptic
Feb 15, 2006
Winnipeg
Add Armia.

I mean if you really look at it the pool is not that deep. People are already suggesting Lemieux and Stanley, neither are very great prospects. Really if just a couple of guys from the top 5 fail to live up to expectations all this lauded youth is going to mean squat.

AngelicAssassin*

Patrik Laine

Add Joel Armia

Thought I'd add this. An argument can be made the Hellebuyck is our most "valuable" prospect in that without him our goaltending outlook going forward might be a little shaky. Pavelec is, well, Pavelec. Hutchinson while decent is not leading us to the Cup and I'm not as sold on Comrie as I once once that he can be a bonafide number one on a Cup winning team. If Helle turns out to be just average, we might be in trouble regardless of how much firepower we appear to have up front. If Laine turns out to be a 20G at best at the NHL level but Hellebuyck is Matt Murray good lets say we might be better off than even Laine as a 40G man but Hellebuyck as Pavelec 2.0.

Last edited by a moderator:

Daximus

Wow, what a terrific audience.
Sponsor
Oct 11, 2014
Five Hills
Add Armia.

I mean if you really look at it the pool is not that deep. People are already suggesting Lemieux and Stanley, neither are very great prospects. Really if just a couple of guys from the top 5 fail to live up to expectations all this lauded youth is going to mean squat.

The real problem is that suggesting Stanley, a recent 1st rounder, means the pool isn't that deep. What does that tell you about the pick?

JetsWillFly4Ever

PLAY EHLERS 20 MIN A NIGHT
May 21, 2011
Winnipeg MB.
Add Armia.

I mean, suggesting adding first round picks such as Roslo/Lemieux (31st)/Stanley as our ~6-8th best prospect has to be better than most teams?

Polar Vortex

Jul 4, 2012
Laine.

Nominate Armia even tho I don't agree with him being a 'prospect' anymore but under the guidelines being used he qualifies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad