Winnipeg Jets Top 20 Prospects 2014 (MOD: last year) - #20

Status
Not open for further replies.

McDrailers

Apr 13, 2013
Newfoundland
Problem with Telegin is that even when he was in the AHL he was terrible. He hasn't really proven anything at all.

Yes

You honestly see Olsen beating Telegin's 2012-13 production with St. John's next season? Telegin's production was underwhelming (0.29 PPG), but not awful considering it was the first half of his AHL rookie season. I don't think Lowry's PPG was much better in his first 30 games or so.

IMO it's not even close when comparing Olsen and Telegin in terms of ability. I understand the rationale however, these are organizational rankings, and to say that Telegin has a tentative future with this organization would be an understatement.

Not sure on the stats but Lowry did a lot more to help the team then Telegin. I wouldn't hold Telegin higher then Brassard honestly. And i'd hope Olsen gets a higher rate of scoring. Otherwise someone managing St.John's is going to look awful dumb for sitting on their hands and watching their top prospects golf next may

Jets4Life

Dec 25, 2003
Westward Ho, Alberta
I thought I would bring this thread up, just for comparison's sake.

It's interesting to note that Ben Chiarot, who won a spot on the Jets roster (along with Lowry and Hutchinson), was not even voted in the top 20 last year.

jetsforever

Dec 14, 2013
I thought I would bring this thread up, just for comparison's sake.

It's interesting to note that Ben Chiarot, who won a spot on the Jets roster (along with Lowry and Hutchinson), was not even voted in the top 20 last year.

Last year he was about the same as Melchiori (i.e. never gonna happen). Guess he just stepped it up when he got an opportunity.

Jets4Life

Dec 25, 2003
Westward Ho, Alberta
Personally, I think there will always be that "new car smell" in regards to the new prospects. I would hope our 2015 draft picks come to fruitation, but it does seem like they are rated higher than some of the 2013-14 picks, just because they are new to the organization, and not because of likelihood of making the Jets roster.

It seems like the same can be said when it comes to Europeans vs North Americans. Europeans seems to be ranked higher by default. It seems the general consensus is Niku > Appleton and Spacek > Foley, even if the North Americans were drafted higher.

Last edited:

KingBogo

Admitted Homer
Nov 29, 2011
Winnipeg
Of course newer prospects are rated higher - they've had less time to disappoint us. ;)

This guy didn't as a college freshman and at the same age as Glover.

All-CCHA Rookie Team
All-CCHA Best Offensive Defenseman
All-CCHA First Team
AHCA West First-Team All-American
CCHA All-Tournament Team
World Junior Championships All-Star Team
World Junior Championships Best Defenseman

Players who advance against their peers move up the rankings and those who appear to lose ground to their peers drop in rankings.

KingBogo

Admitted Homer
Nov 29, 2011
Winnipeg
Is anyone else having problems voting? I log in an it posts the results like I've already voted.

Someone bumped last year's results for discussion purposes. I got home from work and wondered how in the **** did we get to 20 already, before I realized it was a 2014 ranking.

Whileee

May 29, 2010
Surprised so many people came around to Kostalek at 19. Awesome.

Right now Olsen, Kasdorf, Karlstrom is all real close to me. Went Olsen he is a safer option than the other two.

I would have voted for Kostalek much earlier, but I was sticking with my "dark horse" pick Kraskovsky from about #13.

I think Kostalek belongs higher.

YWGinYYZ

Jul 3, 2011
Toronto
It's too confusing to have this open while the voting is going on for 2015. Closing this bumped thread - feel free to copy/paste the results into the 2015 threads.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad