Winnipeg Jets Top 20 Prospects 2014 (MOD: last year) - #20

Status
Not open for further replies.

Holden Caulfield

Eternal Skeptic
Feb 15, 2006
Winnipeg
1. LW Nikolaj Ehlers (49.41%) - (D Josh Morrissey 38.82%, G Connor Hellebuyck 6.47%) (Added C Jimmy Lodge)

2. D Joshua Morrissey (89.77%) - (G Michael Hutchinson 3.41%, 6 others tied at 1.14%) (Added RW JC Lipon)

3. G Connor Hellebuyck (37.40%) - (C Nic Petan 24.39%, G Michael Hutchinson 21.95%) (Added C Chase De Leo)

4. C Nic Petan (40.87%) - (G Michael Hutchinson 27.83%, RW Scott Kosmachuk 17.39%) (Added D Jan Kostalek)

5. G Michael Hutchinson (56.60%) - (RW Scott Kosmachuk 30.19%, G Eric Comrie 3.77%) (Added D Brendan Kichton)

6. RW Scott Kosmachuk (45.98%) - (C Eric O'Dell 19.54%, LW Adam Lowry 16.09%) (Added C Ryan Olsen)

7. LW Adam Lowry (32.99%) - (C Eric O'Dell 29.90%, G Eric Comrie 16.49%) (Added C Pavel Kraskovsky)

8. C Eric O'Dell (48.94%) - (G Eric Comrie 30.85%, D Jack Glover/C Andrew Copp 6.38%) (Added LW Axel Blomqvist)

9. G Eric Comrie (47.56%) - (D Jack Glover 20.73%, C Andrew Copp 9.76%) (Added D Tucker Poolman)

10. D Jack Glover (42.35%) - (RW JC Lipon 16.47%, C Andrew Copp 11.76%)

11. RW JC Lipon (32.18%) - (C Andrew Copp 21.84%, C Chase De Leo 14.94%)

12. C Andrew Copp (30.95%) - (D Brendan Kichton 27.38%, C Chase De Leo 15.48%)

13. C Chase De Leo (33.72%) - (D Brendan Kichton 30.23%, LW Carl Klingberg 15.12%)

14. D Brendan Kichton (40.24%) - (LW Carl Klingberg 21.95%, C Jimmy Lodge 14.63%)

15. LW Carl Klingberg (39.71%) - (C Jimmy Lodge 27.94%, D Tucker Poolman 10.29%)

16. C Jimmy Lodge (50.67%) - (D Tucker Poolman 12.00%, C Pavel Kraskovsky/LW Axel Blomqvist 6.67%)

17. LW Axel Blomqvist (20.27%) - (C Pavel Kraskovsky 17.57%, D Tucker Poolman 14.86%)

18. C Pavel Kraskovsky (24.14%) - (C Ryan Olsen 18.97%, D Tucker Poolman 13.79%)

19. D Jan Kostalek (28.79%) - (C Ryan Olsen 19.70%, D Tucker Poolman 13.64%)

Holden Caulfield

Eternal Skeptic
Feb 15, 2006
Winnipeg
Surprised so many people came around to Kostalek at 19. Awesome.

Right now Olsen, Kasdorf, Karlstrom is all real close to me. Went Olsen he is a safer option than the other two.

Mud Turtle

Jul 26, 2013
C'mon everyone. Poor Poolman has been in the top 3 for the past 5 votes. Let's put him over the top on the final top 20 spot!

Holden Caulfield

Eternal Skeptic
Feb 15, 2006
Winnipeg
Karlsrtom is horrible, Olsen here

Your basing this on?

Karlstrom has a good chance to make Mora in the Allsvenskan at just 19 years old next year as well as Swedish WJC team next year. Very smooth skater that makes very smart plays on the ice. How exactly is he horrible again?

Hank Chinaski

May 29, 2007
YFO
Voting Telegin here. Would have voted for him much earlier if I had some sense he was committed to playing in the AHL and working his way up.

Romang67

BitterSwede
Jan 2, 2011
Evanston, IL
It's gonna be interesting to see how Kasdorf does this year.

I went with Nogier. Cause I'm alternative and cool. But not so alternative and cool that I don't want to follow someone else's example.

DEANYOUNGBLOOD17

May 10, 2011
If it was not for the Russian factor and his missed season Telegin would have been rated a lot higher. I was impressed with his camp last year. He also took a big hit in one of the games that may have slowed him down. Unfortunate. He was rated much higher in previous rankings on hf polls prospects. This just shows us how easy on prospect forecasts can go off the tracks Anyway I chose Olsen as a good 2 way player just needs to find his grit and grind game in the AHL

Holden Caulfield

Eternal Skeptic
Feb 15, 2006
Winnipeg
If it was not for the Russian factor and his missed season Telegin would have been rated a lot higher. I was impressed with his camp last year. He also took a big hit in one of the games that may have slowed him down. Unfortunate. He was rated much higher in previous rankings on hf polls prospects. This just shows us how easy on prospect forecasts can go off the tracks Anyway I chose Olsen as a good 2 way player just needs to find his grit and grind game in the AHL

Problem with Telegin is that even when he was in the AHL he was terrible. He hasn't really proven anything at all.

Hank Chinaski

May 29, 2007
YFO
Problem with Telegin is that even when he was in the AHL he was terrible. He hasn't really proven anything at all.

You honestly see Olsen beating Telegin's 2012-13 production with St. John's next season? Telegin's production was underwhelming (0.29 PPG), but not awful considering it was the first half of his AHL rookie season. I don't think Lowry's PPG was much better in his first 30 games or so.

IMO it's not even close when comparing Olsen and Telegin in terms of ability. I understand the rationale however, these are organizational rankings, and to say that Telegin has a tentative future with this organization would be an understatement.

Mud Turtle

Jul 26, 2013
To me, Olsen tops out at a 2nd line AHL forward. Just don't see much growth there.

puck stoppa

Jul 5, 2011
Winnipeg
Your basing this on?

Karlstrom has a good chance to make Mora in the Allsvenskan at just 19 years old next year as well as Swedish WJC team next year. Very smooth skater that makes very smart plays on the ice. How exactly is he horrible again?

So what if he's a smooth skater so is Poolman and you discredit him, he's weak in the corners and in front of the net, gets pushed around and has zero chance of making the NHL. He is not making the WJ team this year and if he does Sweden will be pretty damn weak. I agree with many of your assessments but not this time.

Hank Chinaski

May 29, 2007
YFO
So what if he's a smooth skater so is Poolman and you discredit him, he's weak in the corners and in front of the net, gets pushed around and has zero chance of making the NHL. He is not making the WJ team this year and if he does Sweden will be pretty damn weak. I agree with many of your assessments but not this time.

Interesting. So I take it you've seen a fair bit of Karlstrom?

He's got pretty decent size, and that's the first I've heard of him being a pushover in front of the net and in the corners.

Hank Chinaski

May 29, 2007
YFO
To me, Olsen tops out at a 2nd line AHL forward. Just don't see much growth there.

Yeah, I feel the same way. Based on his WHL production, I don't really see why anyone would be higher on Olsen than someone like Austen Brassard. Is it cause Olsen projects as a C? Does he look like a bit of a late bloomer?

I will say, I've really liked what I've seen in the few games I've watched him.

Waldo

May 27, 2002
Winnipeg
Visit site
Yeah, I feel the same way. Based on his WHL production, I don't really see why anyone would be higher on Olsen than someone like Austen Brassard. Is it cause Olsen projects as a C? Does he look like a bit of a late bloomer?

I will say, I've really liked what I've seen in the few games I've watched him.

I recall reading an interview by him sometime last season. He said he wasn't going to make it as a top 6 so it was his decision to concentrate on playing a good defensive game. He still managed 34g 36a. He also has some size at 6'1". I wouldn't write him off so easily. I'm looking forward to seeing him in play for the Caps. Over his WHL career he has gone from being a minus player to plus 37. I would agree that not too many 6th rd picks make it to the NHL he's handsome and has blonde curly hair so that may be the difference maker right there.:laugh:

arby18

Jun 12, 2010
I recall reading an interview by him sometime last season. He said he wasn't going to make it as a top 6 so it was his decision to concentrate on playing a good defensive game. He still managed 34g 36a. He also has some size at 6'1". I wouldn't write him off so easily. I'm looking forward to seeing him in play for the Caps. Over his WHL career he has gone from being a minus player to plus 37. I would agree that not too many 6th rd picks make it to the NHL he's handsome and has blonde curly hair so that may be the difference maker right there.:laugh:

A fun observation I noticed at the development camp was that while other players were dangling around and trying semi-breakaways from the circles, Olsen was working on face-offs with a coach. He would do ten face-offs to the left and then ten more to the right. Almost like he knows where he has a chance to make his money...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad