Winnipeg Jets Top 20 Prospects - #10

truck

Jun 27, 2012
www.arcticicehockey.com
Lemieux, regardless of whether he a locker room problem or not he's the most talented player remaining.

I don't agree with him being the most talented remaining player.

He has a good shot, but few scouts credit him with high end skill in any other area beyond agitation. He doesn't bring a ton to the table defensively yet either. I have Copp ahead of him because Copp does most everything as well or better and actually plays defense.

Kostalek and De Leo are really close too IMO.

KingBogo

Admitted Homer
Nov 29, 2011
Winnipeg
You ( correctly imo ) list Lemieux in your top ten though , and not here now ?

Lots of prospects , lots of really good ones , make for lots of choices or options .

But as I said at that time, I don't believe Chairot should be considered a prospect. IMO, as I stated before once you are on a 1-way contract at some point after you ELC you are a NHLer not a prospect. I've been swayed since then to just go along with the HF rules on prospects even if I disagree with them.

jetkarma*

But as I said at that time, I don't believe Chairot should be considered a prospect. IMO, as I stated before once you are on a 1-way contract at some point after you ELC you are a NHLer not a prospect. I've been swayed since then to just go along with the HF rules on prospects even if I disagree with them.

I understand that and good to see where you slot him in if he's included .

Mud Turtle

Jul 26, 2013
Amazing that we have a young guy (Copp) who will likely be starting in the NHL this year, and he's not even in our top 10 prospects.

What are we going to do with all these guys in the next few years? Even if only half of our top 10 prospects pan out, that's a lot of players! Add in a couple lower ones that will probably surprise and make it as well.

jetsforever

Dec 14, 2013
Amazing that we have a young guy (Copp) who will likely be starting in the NHL this year, and he's not even in our top 10 prospects.

What are we going to do with all these guys in the next few years? Even if only half of our top 10 prospects pan out, that's a lot of players! Add in a couple lower ones that will probably surprise and make it as well.

Win a cup :yo:

or trade them for similar prospects a few years younger :laugh:

DEANYOUNGBLOOD17

May 10, 2011
I voted Copp just before Lipon.......... Lipon has always been under- rated as well. I could see Lipon getting some good ice time on the big club this year. That is through injury call up and due to Chevy signing plugs like Hellischuck.

As for the Glover lover syndrome going on ............ shiny new toy voting....... not saying he is not good or not a good prospect....I hope he turns into a mainstay on the Jets d-fence for 10 years......just saying we should see how he plays his first year against men in NCAA before anointing him in the top 10 prospects of the Jets. Most (not all) people voting for him have probably never seen him play a real game (on T.V, computer tream or live). I think these people are slightly influenced from seeing his name in the first post of every thread posting of this poll..........[mod] Any one posting they select Glover please add a one liner if you ever seen him play....and if not why you voted for him.

above is my quote from last years # 9 of our HF boards poll..... Glover was pushed hard from the 4 th pick on..... of last years poll .....always being mentioned in the first 5 post.......(Holden).

Just a reminder to vote for prospects from their accomplishments against men competition not boys and if a prospect shows good in their draft + 1 then they are worthy of our vote.... but not B4. this of course allows for players drafted in the top 50 of the draft as they have shown early excelence

Hank Chinaski

May 29, 2007
YFO
I think I'm going to make it my duty to pimp Kossy the same way that Copp and Lemieux have been around here lately. Dude is being seriously, seriously overlooked and underrated.

garret9

AKA#VitoCorrelationi
Mar 31, 2012
Vancouver
www.hockey-graphs.com
Why is Kosmachuk being completely overlooked?

I have him above all three, comfortably ahead in the case of Lemieux.

I just mentioned those three as they are tight in the rankings I see people giving and also in the votes above.

Personally I'm fine put Kosmachuk in discussion with those guys.
Kosmachuk has at least proven some worth in pro. For all we know, although I wouldn't put any money on it, the others could fail or stumble at the next level.

Holden Caulfield

Eternal Skeptic
Feb 15, 2006
Winnipeg
above is my quote from last years # 9 of our HF boards poll..... Glover was pushed hard from the 4 th pick on..... of last years poll .....always being mentioned in the first 5 post.......(Holden).

Just a reminder to vote for prospects from their accomplishments against men competition not boys and if a prospect shows good in their draft + 1 then they are worthy of our vote.... but not B4. this of course allows for players drafted in the top 50 of the draft as they have shown early excelence

Because one player that I liked didn't have a great draft + 1 season we are not allowed to vote for anyone you don't like?

Glover is going to turn some heads this year. He'll bounce back. I find it pretty funny people are going nuts for Poolman or Franklin when they've proven even less. The were both depth players (Poolman only playing more games than Glover since they moved him to forward) at 20, whereas Glover was 18.

Holden Caulfield

Eternal Skeptic
Feb 15, 2006
Winnipeg
I think I'm going to make it my duty to pimp Kossy the same way that Copp and Lemieux have been around here lately. Dude is being seriously, seriously overlooked and underrated.

I'd agree. Right now I have it as a real close group of Copp, Kostalek, and Kosmachuk right now. Then a bit of a drop then you have De Leo, Lemieux, Spacek, IMO.

I really can't fathom how Sami Niku and Tucker Poolman are on this list while guys like Glover, Kichton, Blomqvist, Lodge are not. We'll see but I don't think Poolman or Niku should be cracking the top 20 right now.

Hank Chinaski

May 29, 2007
YFO
I just mentioned those three as they are tight in the rankings I see people giving and also in the votes above.

Personally I'm fine put Kosmachuk in discussion with those guys.
Kosmachuk has at least proven some worth in pro. For all we know, although I wouldn't put any money on it, the others could fail or stumble at the next level.

Kostalek I can understand.

While IMO Copp will have limited ability as a pro, I can see the case for him as a safer bet than Kossy to make it as a bottom sixer.

I can't help but feel people are looking at bloodlines and pest ability (which is really worth little or nothing) when voting Lemieux. Kosmachuk has already done what Lemieux did in his draft and draft + 1 year. When you consider that he also tore it up in his draft + 2 year and then went on to have a decent rookie season in the AHL, I just don't see the case for Lemieux over him.

garret9

AKA#VitoCorrelationi
Mar 31, 2012
Vancouver
www.hockey-graphs.com
@Holden #44
I've dropped Glover back, not because I think last year was a failure, but because last year makes me hesitate.
I can 100% see a bounce back year this year though. Looks like he'll be leaned a lot more this year.
I said this before, the next 2 years are make and break for Glover, Poolman, Franklin, and Ustaski.

@Holden #45
I'm big on Niku (relatively speaking for where he was drafted). I think he's done some extraordinary things in the Mestis league and am excited to watch him in the Liiga this year.
However, he's still got a lot to prove. So I don't see him ahead of Glover, Kichton, Blomqvist, et al in terms of tiers either.
I think some of my fanboydom has rubbed off too without the context of it being relative to where he was drafted. I'd been happy with him in 4-6 rounds (although not over Spacek).
The fact that he's the best LHD prospect other than Morrissey with still having some decent upside is probably a factor too.

@Hank #46
Lemieux and Kosmachuk are pretty good players, but I can see someone liking one over the other. Lemieux and Kosmachuk have very similar seasons by PCS's standards for D-1, and D year. Lemieux's D+1 year though is looked at as significantly better. Kosmachuk did improve a lot in his D+2 season, but could Lemieux's be better? Maybe.
Kosmachuk's pro-season is being underrated though (and so is Kichton's last 2 seasons).

Kosmachuck's D-1 -> D+3 PCS%
7.8, 13.6, 10.6, 16.0, 28.0
Lemieux's D-1 -> D+3 PCS%
8.5, 14.8, 14.1, ?, ?

(remember, a jump in D+3 season when moving to pro is expected, as it represents the player making it to the AHL, which many Jr players do not)

Last edited:

DEANYOUNGBLOOD17

May 10, 2011
Because one player that I liked didn't have a great draft + 1 season we are not allowed to vote for anyone you don't like?

Glover is going to turn some heads this year. He'll bounce back. I find it pretty funny people are going nuts for Poolman or Franklin when they've proven even less. The were both depth players (Poolman only playing more games than Glover since they moved him to forward) at 20, whereas Glover was 18.

I am Laughing ....... its not a player you liked....... its a player you pushed hard and you highly pushed in the top 20 prospect list..... always in the first 5 post of the new thread after the previous winner of the top prospect. It almost became (it did) annoying your persistence that this kid was a steal of a century and you could not believe that he is falling as far as he did. In other threads I argued that Copp should be higher than Glover and you diss_agreed
I stated that your constant posting for his next selection in the first post of every new thread in the top 20 prospects was influencing the less informed voters in Hf boards [mod]. 1 year later I think it proves my statements that your posting bullying ....... or better yet .....your posting influenced other posters to vote for Glover.

I Still like Glover and I hope he rebounds this year. If he does he will not go down as a another Sutter.

Last edited by a moderator:

Holden Caulfield

Eternal Skeptic
Feb 15, 2006
Winnipeg
I am Laughing ....... its not a player you liked....... its a player you pushed hard and you highly pushed in the top 20 prospect list..... always in the first 5 post of the new thread after the previous winner of the top prospect. It almost became (it did) annoying your persistence that this kid was a steal of a century and you could not believe that he is falling as far as he did. In other threads I argued that Copp should be higher than Glover and you diss_agreed
I stated that your constant posting for his next selection in the first post of every new thread in the top 20 prospects was influencing the less informed voters in Hf boards [mod]. 1 year later I think it proves my statements that your posting bullying ....... or better yet .....your posting influenced other posters to vote for Glover.

I Still like Glover and I hope he rebounds this year. If he does he will not go down as a another Sutter.

oh yeah I bullied people into voting in a poll nobody really cares about. Ok sure. LOL what a joke.

DEANYOUNGBLOOD17

May 10, 2011
oh yeah I bullied people into voting in a poll nobody really cares about. Ok sure. LOL what a joke.

-Nobody cares about?

- last time I checked..... btw 100 -200 votes were cast for the WPG prospect list per vote

- No body cares about the poll ????.... in a site that you have over 14500+ posts

Hmmmmmmmm

To be honest

Holden........... I value your opinion on many Jet Items........I value your knowledge on many CBA items that came up.

[mod]

Again I hope Glover rebounds..........but he now seems more like Stroykevich/Serville/and Harstead and I am more excited about Kitchon/ Niku/Kostelak and of course Morresay.

Last edited by a moderator:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad