Winnipeg Jets Top 20 Prospect Rankings (2013 edition) - #16

bigplay41*

May 5, 2010
Winnipeg
Voted for Lukas Sutter. Sure he had a bad year but still young with upside. Andrew Copp was my other consideration

garret9

AKA#VitoCorrelationi
Mar 31, 2012
Vancouver
www.hockey-graphs.com
Jason Kasdorf, Brenden Kichton, Jan Kostalek, Julian Melchiori, Juho Olkinuora, and Ryan Olsen all have higher upside than Sutter when it comes to how they could effect the team... and all are more likely to hit it.

Sutter's peak when drafted IMO was essentially being what Burmistrov was at 20. A 3C that could drive limit other team's chances, but not score. Now I think his peak is probably 4C. I see him as the next Cormier, but maybe not accomplish even as much as Cormier.

truck

Jun 27, 2012
www.arcticicehockey.com
I voted Olsen because I felt like clicking the box next to Olsen's name today.

I have been all over the place with my votes for the last few.

#noconsistency

Duke749

Savannah Ghost Pirates
Apr 6, 2010
Canton, Georgia
Went with Melchiori but it's a real crap shoot from here on out. No idea where Cormier or Klingberg fall into place.

ps241

The Ballad of Ville Bobby
Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010
Melo stood our for me at todays camp so I voted his way.

DEANYOUNGBLOOD17

May 10, 2011
If any body seen the 1st 2 days of camp Olsen has impressed and should be rated higher than anyone left ...apart from Melchoiri:nod:

Che vy Teemuchuk

May 31, 2011
John Labatt Centre
Wow. Cormier and Sutter both looking like they're being tossed out with the garbage by the HFBoards faithful. I'm not arguing with this per se, but I'm just reminded by how well Stuart did in the fan elimination game last off-season and how he was booted early this time. Honeymoon = definitely over. :laugh:

Can we send these 2 guys the poll results to give them a headslap wake up call for bounce back seasons?

Rook37

Feb 22, 2013
Winnipeg
Wow. Cormier and Sutter both looking like they're being tossed out with the garbage by the HFBoards faithful. I'm not arguing with this per se, but I'm just reminded by how well Stuart did in the fan elimination game last off-season and how he was booted early this time. Honeymoon = definitely over. :laugh:

Yeah, for me at least it's mostly that I just don't know how much we can expect Cormier to grow from where he is now. He might end up doing more than a lot of the names on the list but in terms of prospects... :/

I voted Olsen because I felt like clicking the box next to Olsen's name today.

Damnit, I really need to scrutinize the list more before voting.

DEANYOUNGBLOOD17

May 10, 2011
Haha. Because careers are made and broken on two days on non-intense practice in the middle of July among a bunch of prospects.

C'mon.

Ha Ha ......Im Glad I was able to amuse you........ Just as you have amussed me with your constant Man Crush on Kulda...........

We have butted heads b4

1) In May b4 the Draft I said the Jets should ..draft JC Lipon Btw the 90th and 115 th pick........ You said at best he is a a late 5th or 6 th....if we drafted him earlier you will be dissapointed....... On Draft day Jets management agreed with me and drafted him #91 (lets see how that works out)

2) You like Kulda and scream every chance you get that the Jets ...do not know what they are doing....I say they have had him around for a while and there must be a good reason why they dont want him.......*( we are not in the dressing room)

3) My Choice of Olsen AS a up and comer amusses you ........I think he is getting ready for a breakout year and will be playing in St Johns next year2014/15......Good size, Good Hands, Good upside......:yo:

Last edited:

Holden Caulfield

He's guilty
Feb 15, 2006
Winnipeg
3) My Choice of Olsen AS a up and comer amusses you ........I think he is getting ready for a breakout year and will be playing in St Johns next year2014/15......Good size, Good Hands, Good upside......:yo:

Not at all. I like Olsen. He has developed nicely, and will likely get a contract.

I am saying you cannot judge anything from two days of a July prospect camp. I mean seriously think you can judge ANYTHING from that? Seriously?

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad