Winnipeg Jets Top 20 Prospect 2016 - #14

Deif

Sep 20, 2014
I really like Niku too - I think he has some really nice upside, but he isn't going to be anywhere near the NHL for a couple of years at best. That makes him a long shot IMO. They are all long shots at this point.

Apart from Poolman, who I think will play, I wouldn't put anyone at odds better than 1 in 4 of ever playing a meaningful role.

Purely based on upside, I'd have Niku and Berdin ar the top.

I agree with this. Niku, Spacek and Berdin are the next 3 for me.

nobody important

the pessimist returns
Jul 12, 2015
a quiet suburb
Voted Lipon. Surprised Poolman is leading. I don't have him even in my top 20:

14) Lipon
15) Niku
16) Kosmochuk
17) Tanev
18) Spacek
19) Kichton
20) Kostalek
21) Foley

then Poolman

I've seen enough of the K-cars on the Moose to expect much from them now. At this point, I'm voting for the guys that are still a complete mystery to me. Ignorance is more than bliss, it's hope that they can be more than they are likely to be. :)

Dayofthedogs

Bettman's hammer
Feb 20, 2016
Winnipeg
I just don't see the rationale for picking Poolman. You look at a guy like Spacek, who has almost equalled Poolman's NHLe projection, and is four years younger.

From the limited amount that I've watched Poolman, I don't see any traits that pop and make me think "wow, this guy looks NHL ready". He dominates physically at times, but that's to be expected given his advanced age. And yeah, there is that nice W/D versatility that he has.

Maybe someone can sell me on Poolman's NHL potential? I'm just not seeing it.

Well the title says most valuable prospect. A LHD who is physically mature with a championship pedigree who could probably step into the NHL next year on a team like ours who is lacking LHD depth and has an aging Toby enstrom and just JoMo near NHL ready. To me that's a valuable prospect.

Mortimer Snerd

You kids get off my lawn!
Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014
Satellite

It would have been fun to have Pool man and Pool Party. :laugh: But I'd Rather have Laine.

Mortimer Snerd

You kids get off my lawn!
Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014
Well the title says most valuable prospect. A LHD who is physically mature with a championship pedigree who could probably step into the NHL next year on a team like ours who is lacking LHD depth and has an aging Toby enstrom and just JoMo near NHL ready. To me that's a valuable prospect.

If we had that guy I'd have voted him a lot higher than 14. :laugh:

Hobby Bull

amazon sucks
May 21, 2013
I like a lot of guys on this list!

Voted Berdin, but if the wind was blowing another way, I could have picked at least a half-dozen other guys at this spot.

I know prospect depth doesn't mean a thing, but there are certainly some potential NHLers on this list, still.

Waldo

May 27, 2002
Winnipeg
Visit site

Poolman is a RH shooting D

Whileee

May 29, 2010
I've seen enough of the K-cars on the Moose to expect much from them now. At this point, I'm voting for the guys that are still a complete mystery to me. Ignorance is more than bliss, it's hope that they can be more than they are likely to be. :)

I'm not so sure performance on the Moose last year is a great guide to future success. It seems the whole team was a tire fire. We heard how bad Kosmo and others had been, but they were actually pleasant surprises at the NHL level, however briefly. I think we need to give some of them the benefit of the doubt and see if they perform better with a better team.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad