iu

http://thehockeywriters.com/winnipeg-jets-soaring-high-on-young-talent/

Yes they are! :handclap: :nod:

No Armia?

Guardian17

Strong & Free
Aug 29, 2010
Winnipeg
All this young talent is great, but, now its time to start making the playoffs, winning series and finally Stanley Cups.

Georgetown Al*

Georgetown Al
Oct 6, 2015
All this young talent is great, but, now its time to start making the playoffs, winning series and finally Stanley Cups.

2016-2017 season is when it all starts, we are in the top three in the Central and our Jets make the playoffs and we win the first series after that well take what our Jets players give us :nod:

Go Jets Go :jets Go Jets Go

-----Chipman! Let Our Jets Soar!-----

Georgetown Al*

Georgetown Al
Oct 6, 2015
They need to stop with the boosting articles, because then some of us might actually develop expectations for success.

Success will happen in 2016-2017, the best Jets 2.0 we have ever had!

Have the Faith, believe, Go Jets Go!

Last edited:

Georgetown Al*

Georgetown Al
Oct 6, 2015
Toung team

Success will happen in 2016-2017, the best Jets 2.0 we have ever had!

Have the Faith, believe, Go Jets Go!

Sorry georhgep, I think the odds of the Jets making the playoffs next year are under 50%. The team next year will most likely be younger then the 2015/16 team version and history says that young teams have a major learning curve before they know how to win. While I expect the 2016/17 team to be by far the most talented team ever for Jets2.0 all that youth will mean many rookie mistakes that could be the difference between a playoff spot or out of the playoffs in the tough central division. If they make the playoffs or not, one thing I am sure of, they will be fun to watch starting this fall.

BTW, I hope you are right and I am wrong! :)

Grind

Stomacheache AllStar
Jan 25, 2012
Manitoba
Give me data that young and talented teams don't make the playoffs.

If the jets have a goalie other then pass and still have a sub 50 chance of playoffs that would make this the worst most talentless team we have iced yet

Channelcat

Unhinged user
Feb 8, 2013
Canada
Wish people would stop posting this crap. One thing about being in a hockey mad market is that there will be media types pandering to you all the time. Just look at Leaf land and how things work there. The Jets suck. Sorry but it's true until the facts suggest otherwise.

Georgetown Al*

Georgetown Al
Oct 6, 2015
Give me data that young and talented teams don't make the playoffs.

If the jets have a goalie other then pass and still have a sub 50 chance of playoffs that would make this the worst most talentless team we have iced yet

Give me the data that young team do win.

Young talented teams simply need time to reach their full potential. Jets are mostly likely be the youngest team next season, if you believe that 18,19, and 20 year olds will with a lot of talent will burn up the NHL against teams with players who are much more experienced and just as talented then I have some ocean front property is Sask to sell you.

Can the Jets make the playoffs next season with such a young team? yes. Will they? probably not!

As a fan I hope I'm wrong.

Weezeric

Jan 27, 2015
Give me the data that young team do win.

Young talented teams simply need time to reach their full potential. Jets are mostly likely be the youngest team next season, if you believe that 18,19, and 20 year olds will with a lot of talent will burn up the NHL against teams with players who are much more experienced and just as talented then I have some ocean front property is Sask to sell you.

Can the Jets make the playoffs next season with such a young team? yes. Will they? probably not!

As a fan I hope I'm wrong.

Wheeler, little, buff, perreault, even scheif aren't that young. The young players won't be leaned on that much. If they can come up with some depth production that's all they need to do. It's lack of depth that has really been the jets downfall.

Kind of like when Anaheim won the cup. Getzlaf and perry were in support roles as young players.

Mortimer Snerd

You kids get off my lawn!
Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014
Wheeler, little, buff, perreault, even scheif aren't that young. The young players won't be leaned on that much. If they can come up with some depth production that's all they need to do. It's lack of depth that has really been the jets downfall.

Kind of like when Anaheim won the cup. Getzlaf and perry were in support roles as young players.

Getzlaf was 5th in PO scoring, Perry was 7th. They were 1st and 2nd on the SC champions. That is not a support role. 5 of our top 9 are likely 23 or under. 3 of them are likely under 20. If they are in the top 9 they are being leaned on.

Weezeric

Jan 27, 2015
Getzlaf was 5th in PO scoring, Perry was 7th. They were 1st and 2nd on the SC champions. That is not a support role. 5 of our top 9 are likely 23 or under. 3 of them are likely under 20. If they are in the top 9 they are being leaned on.

They also put up 44 and 58 points during the season. Do you think laine and ehlers could put up seasons like that? It's not that crazy. I don't expect to have that playoff success but who knows once you get in.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad