Jet

Free Capo!
Jul 20, 2004
Florida
Just entered.

redligh_giveaway.jpg

Here's the link

seasontixholder*

Your link worked! Entered. Wonder if you can enter more than once with different email addresses?

Saitama

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 20, 2010
Winnipeg
Your link worked! Entered. Wonder if you can enter more than once with different email addresses?

Don't worry about it, because it's mine! I've already decided I'm going to win it. Unless of course they're giving away more than one, if that's the case, go crazy with those email addresses! :D

Edit: Oh yeah, now I see they're giving away 2 of them!

YWGF18

Oct 24, 2011
Winnipeg
Has anyone tried to enter this contest? The date of birth is not working for me. I have a year choice between 2008-2018.

I tried on IE and Chrome, I just entered 2008 as my year, I figure itt's better to say I'm 5 then that I'll be born 5 years from now.

MrGrinch

Jul 27, 2011
Best to try to get the birthdate right because you have to be 18 years of age or older to win. Standard beer contest rules. :)

I actually broke down and bought one of these. It's actually pretty cool but apparently will not be supported after this season. I was chatting with Red Light technical support one afternoon and asked how the technology worked (specifically did they employ some guy to sit in a room full of TVs with a laptop and watch for goals). Apparently they tried this and it was too slow. The goal light was going off 20+ seconds after the fact. So instead they actually PAY a team of people to travel from city to city, sit in the stands, watch live hockey, and register the goals in REAL TIME on smart phones as they occur. I WANT THAT JOB!!

Reed Solomon

GO ✈'s GO
Jul 26, 2011
Winnipeg, Man.
I actually broke down and bought one of these. It's actually pretty cool but apparently will not be supported after this season. I was chatting with Red Light technical support one afternoon and asked how the technology worked (specifically did they employ some guy to sit in a room full of TVs with a laptop and watch for goals). Apparently they tried this and it was too slow. The goal light was going off 20+ seconds after the fact. So instead they actually PAY a team of people to travel from city to city, sit in the stands, watch live hockey, and register the goals in REAL TIME on smart phones as they occur. I WANT THAT JOB!!

That's so weird. You'd think it'd be pretty easy to just monitor nhl.com for goals and when one associated with the team you follow pops up, voila. surely someone has hacked these by now?

Savagestevo

Nov 29, 2011
That's so weird. You'd think it'd be pretty easy to just monitor nhl.com for goals and when one associated with the team you follow pops up, voila. surely someone has hacked these by now?

I don't think NHL.com updates instantaneously, though. So like he said it wouldn't be going off immediately as your team scores, it would go off a bit later.

koth

Feb 5, 2013
Winnipeg
The bad part about the goal lights, though, is that they go off in real time. Television broadcasts are on a 10 second delay, so the light goes off and then 10 seconds later you see your team score. I'd rather just see them score without knowing ahead of time, even if it's only 10 seconds. I imagine it would take a lot of excitement out of the game. Like if Kane is going in on a break away... well, you already know he doesn't score because the light didn't go off.

MrGrinch

Jul 27, 2011
^^ It's not that bad. Last nights game was maybe a hair of a second ahead. Tonight's Leafs-Flyers game is about 1 second ahead. They probably ping their servers from the rink and then adjust the sound triggers coming from the server for an "average" broadcast delay. I haven't experienced anything more that +/- 3 seconds at most.

blues10

Dec 10, 2010
Canada
^^ It's not that bad. Last nights game was maybe a hair of a second ahead. Tonight's Leafs-Flyers game is about 1 second ahead. They probably ping their servers from the rink and then adjust the sound triggers coming from the server for an "average" broadcast delay. I haven't experienced anything more that +/- 3 seconds at most.

That sounds pretty good. I bought a red light last season for the playoffs and could never get it to work. I tried again this week and it could not connect to my wifi. Budweiser says it was a faulty light and the whole thing has now been returned and they are sending me a new one. He said it should arrive in a couple weeks.

I can't wait to set it up.

Gnova

CowboysR^2
Sep 6, 2011
Jetland
Forget all the techie pings and time delays.
I want one that I can turn on with a remote control as part of my goal celebration.
My neighbors would probably appreciate me using a red light over the shout I currently do.

MrGrinch

Jul 27, 2011
^^ Did you try to setup with android or apple ios? I couldn't get the android app to configure the light if my life depended on it. But the second I tried an iphone it worked perfectly. Feel free to drop me a PM if you have any trouble with the new unit.

blues10

Dec 10, 2010
Canada
^^ Did you try to setup with android or apple ios? I couldn't get the android app to configure the light if my life depended on it. But the second I tried an iphone it worked perfectly. Feel free to drop me a PM if you have any trouble with the new unit.

I'll let you know if I have any issues when it arrives. I tried both Android and Apple last time and neither would work. I thought it may have been the card but Budweiser wanted everything sent back.

blues10

Dec 10, 2010
Canada
Forget all the techie pings and time delays.
I want one that I can turn on with a remote control as part of my goal celebration.
My neighbors would probably appreciate me using a red light over the shout I currently do.

There are lots of goal lights available. This one has a remote.

http://ca.thegoallight.com/index.php/store/#!/~/product/category=3646333&id=28342309

http://ca.thegoallight.com/index.php/store/#!/~/category/id=3646333&offset=0&sort=normal

The budweiser light also has a manual button to turn it on.

koth

Feb 5, 2013
Winnipeg

That's not too bad then. When I heard about it on TSN1290, they said it was on a longer delay than that.

imec

Sponsor
Aug 29, 2013
Winnipeg
I think these are pretty cool - but with the infrastructure already in place, why doesn't Budweiser release an app to turn my iPhone, iPad etc. into a Budweiser Red Light? Surely the advertising value would be worth way more than the few bucks they make off the actual lights - even at $150 a pop.

TheDarkKnight

Jul 25, 2011
**** it, I'm going to build my own with remote button....

http://www.lightingdirect.com/nuvo-...!34868429737&gclid=CJfQsLDD-7kCFeoWMgodjGUAfg

For $60-$75ish CAD and some effort I can easily build one, and it'll be better than the Bud one cause you can control it if you want it to go off or not.
http://ca.thegoallight.com/index.php/store/#!/~/product/category=3646333&id=28342309

easier, cheaper, and has the jets horn. here is the jets one:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x7ZZzabFrY0

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad