GDT: Winnipeg Jets @ Los Angeles Kings – Thursday, October 28th, 2021 – 9:30pm (CDT) – TSN3 – CJOB 680

Status
Not open for further replies.

macmaroon

Winnipeg Jets fan since 1972
Sponsor
Sep 3, 2011
Winnipeg Manitoba
www.macmaroon.com
I've been a member of the HFJets Forum since the beginning, but it was only until recently that I started to post messages. I would like to thank all of you for putting up with my antics this past year and now I have some bad news...I am going to start making GDT's...

giphy.gif

@Ginger Papa asked me why I decided to make my first GDT against the Los Angeles Kings? I told him I was...

giphy.gif

Hey, you knew that was coming, right?
naughty.gif

While my GDT's will not be comparable to the ones made by @Aggie204, @Zhamnov5GoalGame, or @Mud Turtle, at least I can say it will be just as good as the “Plain Jane” ones made by @Jets 31...

BuNhPMtIEAAFc3A

As many of you know, I collect sports autographs, mainly hockey, but at one time, I was busy writing to celebrities, and even have a secret place on my website that has them posted, if you can find it...

celebrity3.jpg

Which brings us to the theme of my GDT...

th

After playing the Sucks on Tuesday, the Jets were able to stay in town for some well needed R & R. Since I have relatives in Los Angeles and know the place like the back of my hand, I thought I would be a tour guide for the team to see if we can spot some celebrities....

th

We drove around Hollywood and saw a few famous members of the HFJets Forum. Look over there, it's @Eyeseeing enjoying the sunshine and a little cilantro...

squirrel_-_in_sunglasses_and_cigarette.0.jpg

And over there by the Los Angeles River, one of the Jets took a video of @kanadalainen and @Mortimer Snerd having a heated disagreement as to which fish is better, the Goldeye or the Coelacanth...

Around the corner we see another familiar face, @tbcwpg upset that the tour bus did not stop to ask him for an autograph...

th

Further along on the tour we got lost (hey, I wasn't driving), but luckily we managed to stop @SUX2BU and ask for directions. He was very helpful and we thanked him...

giphy.gif

With his guidance, we found @sipowicz enjoying the Southern California scene...

v25022.png

But enough about the tour, it's time to talk hockey! I forget, who do we play tonight?...

th

Oh, that's right, the Burger Kings! Let's hope the Jets have a "Whopper" of a game this evening!
ssst.gif
I don't really care what the lineup is going to be tonight, as I know the Jets are going to win, but the Burger Kings have a few notable players including some guy with a smile that could launch a thousand ships...

giphy.gif

And then some other guy who's quite a flirt...

giphy.gif

And finally some guy who's "Quick" to anger...

giphy.gif

Let's hope the Jets see a lot of that tonight! Well, that's my first GDT, I hope you enjoyed it. If not...

giphy.gif

Go Jets Go!
hockey2.gif

B33R LEAGUE

"Just another day at the office" -Byfuglien
May 19, 2021
Holy crap, look at Mac with the long time listener first time caller killer of a GDT!
upload_2021-10-28_5-25-44.gif

And look! He's even included some the local celebrities from around these boards! Nice touch.
upload_2021-10-28_5-26-23.gif

I feel like a proud Leo.

upload_2021-10-28_5-26-46.gif

And now there's just one last thing to do. Dance the day away at work while we wait for yet another 9:30pm start.

upload_2021-10-28_5-27-23.gif

Great GDT, and better yet, a great pleasure catching some positive vibes first thing in The morning to get my day started.

Thank you.

ps241

The Ballad of Ville Bobby
Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010
Love it @macmaroon :handclap::clap:

Way to come off the bench and take a shift as a poster and now a GDT artist. Cool theme and I love how you wove in some of our own celebrities. Well done Lad.

So the Eric Comrie era as our non emergency back up begins. My ass cheeks are already clenched. Not sure I have ever cheered harder for one of the true good guys in the game. I don’t think he is an NHL backup but man do I want to be wrong.

GJG

kanadalainen

A pint of dark matter, please.
Jan 7, 2017
The 100th Meridian
Great GDT Mac!

DampSadBrant.webp

You have been clearly sequestering your skills, and now the word is out. We at HF Boards could use another dozen or so GDTs.

john-cleese.gif

I'm not sure what your creative awakening involves, perhaps flagellation, a modicum of violence?

mad-broke.gif

(Vicious bastard :laugh:)

Hopefully a tidy win will allow our little congregation some respite, from sundry distractions..

AlertInfiniteBordercollie.webp

I will add a special salutation to the "Kings"...

tumblr_no55p71ruG1tx2b8po1_500.gif

Go Jets!

P.S. If it is Comrie in net, allow us to pronounce his name with with resolve and precision.

fc2903fea6805b337f7c77659212e429.gif

"Eye-gore"

fGb2Nj5.jpg

:jets:jets:jets:jets

Last edited:

kanadalainen

A pint of dark matter, please.
Jan 7, 2017
The 100th Meridian
43310eca3a86afdeebeed31d425b307e.jpg

Kingly Soliloquy

For slaughter?
Let me have men about me that are rotund;
kingly sleek-headed men and such as sleep o’night.
Yon Jet has a lean and hungry look.
Jets think too much and such men are dangerous.
Aye, Hell is empty, and all the Kings are here.
Can they be defeated?
I think the King is but a man, as I am. The violet smells to him as it doth to me.
The element shows to him as it doth to me.
All his senses have but human conditions. His ceremonies laid by, in his nakedness he appears but a regular dude.
On Kings? Th’ abuse of greatness is when it disjoins remorse from power.

Sonnet style

Or whether doth my team, facing those crowned untrue,
Skate with yon monarch's plague, this flattery?
Or whether shall I say, mine face turneth blue,
And that Staples centre brews this alchemy,
To take on monsters and of things indigest
Such cherubins as our sweet Jets resemble,
Creating every bad a perfect best,
As fast as pucks to our shortwall assemble?
O! 'tis the worst, 'tis wounded Doughty in my seeing,
And his fans minds most kingly drinks it up:
Mine eye knows what with our top six is preparing,
And to our palate doth prepare the bleeding cup:
If it be a Jets win, 'tis well the lesser sin
That mine eye loves it and doth first begin.

Last edited:

Oilpeg

Jun 3, 2014
Winnipeg
Throwing out the skater punk Lagwagon song on Tuesday night seemed to work for the Jets, so let's try it again.
The King is Dead by A Wilhelm Scream. (some NSFW language, but it's a punk song, what do you expect?!)

libertarian

Jul 27, 2017
Middle Earth
Comrie starting could work out well for the Jets. If he's as well liked in the room as reported we might see some heightened effort and execution in our zone as the guys play for him.

Wishing him all the luck!

I hope so too. I'd like to see the Jets play their best defensive game of the year in front of him. They owe Comrie that at lease since the last time he played a regular season game for the Jets the team in front of him left him to swing in the wind with no support.

I don't have a lot of faith in Comrie being a legit NHL backup but I would love if he proves me wrong.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad