News Article: Winnipeg Jets InFlight Vol. VI: Roomies

Guerzy

I'm a fricken baby
Jan 16, 2005
Hilarious read. :laugh:

http://jets.nhl.com/club/news.htm?id=710370

It’s one thing to see a teammate everyday at the rink, on the ice and in the gym, before you head home for the afternoon. But it’s an entirely different dynamic when you happen to see that teammate every day at home as well.

The Winnipeg Jets have four teammates who call themselves roommates this season: Zach Bogosian and Jacob Trouba share one household, while James Wright houses rookie, Mark Scheifele. But the two rookies almost ended up living under one roof with Bogosian.

Saving whales makes for some serious summer plans, but during the season, the two spend their time making each other laugh. “I’m very, very, very goofy at home. I really let my guard down at home. Which people probably don’t know because they see me play hockey and I’m usually angry…” Bogosian trails off. Trouba jumps in. “He’s not serious at all. On the ice he’s a little more scary. If you touch him he’ll snap. Off the ice you can mess around with him and he’ll be fine. Sometimes it gets scary when he wrestles,” he laughs. “One thing I learned is he likes to wrestle. Like I’ll come upstairs in the morning and he’s already had two coffees and I walk upstairs half asleep and he’ll be waiting and be like ‘want to wrestle?’”

GJF

Beaver Jedi
Sep 26, 2011
Heidelberg, GER
Wow. Seriously. Wow. That's even sillier stuff than I do with my best friends :laugh: Ram wrestling? Seriously? :D

To distract themselves, they tell each other jokes and stories, and Trouba sings for his roommate. “Jacob got me Apple TV for Christmas. And he now puts High School Musical on my loud speakers, turns it up to max and sings to it. And Scheifs comes over and they have duets together. And I watch,” says Bogosian, rolling his eyes with a smile.

what the...? :D

koth

Feb 5, 2013
Winnipeg
Haha, I just came here to post this article. It's awesome.

I'm so disappointed they didn't get Ram Wrestling on video though. That was a huge miss.

Guardian17

Strong & Free
Aug 29, 2010
Winnipeg
"Sometimes it gets scary when he wrestles,” he laughs. “One thing I learned is he likes to wrestle. Like I’ll come upstairs in the morning and he’s already had two coffees and I walk upstairs half asleep and he’ll be waiting and be like ‘want to wrestle?’”

EpicGingy

Jul 30, 2012
Ontario
If Scheifele is actually really bad at video games I hope he gets traded, don't need a lack of talent in any facet of life on this team :sarcasm:

But seriously they should cut that High School Musical crap out though, LMAO

pucka lucka

Apr 7, 2010
Ottawa
If Scheifele is actually really bad at video games I hope he gets traded, don't need a lack of talent in any facet of life on this team :sarcasm:

I now finding myself questioning his hands, but Wright is good at video games? I'm so confused.

Potrzebie

Mar 25, 2010

I thought the HSM stuff was really weird until I realized these guys were like 11 and 12 years old when the first movie came out. Then I felt really really old. :cry:

pucka lucka

Apr 7, 2010
Ottawa
I thought the HSM stuff was really weird until I realized these guys were like 11 and 12 years old when the first movie came out. Then I felt really really old. :cry:

It's weird until you can remember being 18-20 again. The silly memes that you and your friends latch onto when you are that age seem ridiculous to outsiders.

Sweech

Oh When the Spurs
Jun 30, 2011
Hamilton, Ontario

Yeah, I'm 23 and my friends and I still discuss Disney all the time.

Just watched Emperors New Groove the other night because lets face it that movie is amazing.

EpicGingy

Jul 30, 2012
Ontario
I now finding myself questioning his hands, but Wright is good at video games? I'm so confused.

We need to figure out how to tranafer his skill from his thumbs to every part of his hand. Then he might double his points output.

That would still be unbeliavably terrible though.:laugh:

Sweech

Oh When the Spurs
Jun 30, 2011
Hamilton, Ontario
We need to figure out how to tranafer his skill from his thumbs to every part of his hand. Then he might double his points output.

That would still be unbeliavably terrible though.:laugh:

Well, seeing as zero goals times two is still zero we'd still have the same old James Wright. :laugh:

Hank Chinaski

May 29, 2007
YFO

:laugh: I remember a few teams that I played on having some pretty funny music choices in the dressing room.

Guys sneaking in Vengaboys, b4-4, N'Sync, and other pop crap onto the burnt CDs we'd listen to before and after games. Good times.

Hammer Slammer

Mar 26, 2010
Winnipeg
:laugh: I remember a few teams that I played on having some pretty funny music choices in the dressing room.

Guys sneaking in Vengaboys, b4-4, N'Sync, and other pop crap onto the burnt CDs we'd listen to before and after games. Good times.

I remember cranking Limp Bizkit in the dressing room thinking we were total badasses.

JC Numminen

#goldrush
Feb 13, 2013
Westman
Trouba is going to be captain one day. Seems like an awesome person in the room, and all around. There is a reason I have such a man crush on him :laugh:

Awesome article :handclap:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad