Winnipeg Jets EASports 2018 Stanley Cup Champs

Aavco Cup

"I can make you cry in this room"
Sep 5, 2013
8_E53_E66_C-_AB48-42_A5-9_B3_B-_B39467_DB3922.png

ThE STANLEY CUP® FINAL

It came down to Game 7 of the Stanley Cup Final. Led by Patrik Laine, the high-flying Winnipeg Jets battled against Patrice Bergeron and the Boston Bruins in Game 7 of the Stanley Cup® Final. It was a back-and-forth game that featured stellar saves by Connor Hellebuyck and Tuukka Rask, trying their best to bring home the Stanley Cup for their team.

CF87_D5_E3-_E828-4771-_B2_D5-_AC56_BA28_B6_AD.gif

Entering the third period, Winnipeg was up 2-1 on the Boston Bruins until Patrik Laine wired home a goal on the power play to give the Jets a 3-1 lead. Brad Marchand would score late in the third to make it 3-2, but Dustin Byfuglien sealed the deal with an empty netter to make it 4-2, securing the first Stanley Cup in the Winnipeg Jets franchise history.

836_F9_C5_E-_E0_D3-4_FA2-8028-1_F66073_EFBAD.gif

TOP STANLEY CUP® PLAYOFFS STORIES

• Patrik Laine took home the Conn Smythe Trophy as playoff MVP after recording 15 goals and 24 points along route to the Jets’ Stanley Cup® victory. Laine, along with Mark Scheifele, Nikolaj Ehlers and captain Blake Wheeler were four of the top scorers throughout the entire Stanley Cup Playoffs. Mathieu Perreault was the unsung hero for the Jets after he recorded 15 points and was a catalyst on the Jets' power play.
  • The Winnipeg Jets Stanley Cup victory made them the first Canadian team to win the Stanley Cup since 1993, ending a 25 year Stanley Cup drought in Canada
996_F8_A42-_A5_F9-4152-_A83_A-_ACA99_E2825_EB.jpg

NHL 18 PLAYOFF SIM

TheDeuce

Halak, Ryder, and a second.
Feb 22, 2009
Jets fan here. Just stopped in to post one of these: :huh:

And one of these: :confused:

Can't find a shake my head emoji though...

m.

abo9

Jun 25, 2017
There needs to be someone who simulates a large number of playoffs and tells us whats the winner's distribution looking like

Reactions: teravaineSAROS

Brock Radunske

안양종합운동장 빙상장
Aug 8, 2012
Zero lifetime playoff games won to 16. Gotta like that!
Honestly though, it would shock me if one of Winnipeg or Nashville didn't make it to the finals and the fact that Boston loses is just icing on the cake.

Bedards Dad

I was in the pool!!
Nov 3, 2011
Toronto

abo9

Jun 25, 2017
Not sure if this is from a simulation or not.

2018 NHL Post Season Probabilities

Also this one that seems ot be based off a simulation, but not sure what simulation or how many times it ran.

NHL Playoff odds 2018: Simulation forecasts teams with best odds of winning Stanley Cup

I was talking about running the EA game multiple times (in-game they say it "simulates" the game although I know its not based off real data)

What you link is interesting, but I wonder how they arrived to those numbers (especially the "Playoffstatus" website

Reactions: teravaineSAROS

Al Lagoon

Feb 22, 2012
It would be an honor to be the first step in such a tale.

However:

Re-located franchises always seem to have the inside track:

Dallas, Carolina, Colorado

as opposed to

St. Louis, Buffalo, Vancouver, and the rest.

Frankie Blueberries

Allergic to draft picks
Jan 27, 2016
As far as I can see this has never been right. Anyone have an actual tally?

They've been pretty accurate for predicting the SCF teams, but not in recent years. See the bolded for the correct predictions.

In 2010, they predicted a SCF of CHI-PIT and that Chicago would win it, Chicago went on to win the Cup against Philly.
In 2011, they predicted a SCF of VAN-BOS and the VAN would win the Cup, Boston won it in game 7 (impressive because they made this prediction at the beginning of the season in 2010).
In 2012, they predicted a SCF of LA-NYR and that LA would win it. LA won it against NJ.
In 2013, they predicted a SCF of CHI-NYR and that NYR would win it, Chicago won it against Boston.
In 2014, they predicted a SCF of SJ-BOS and that BOS would win it; LA ended up beating NYR.
In 2015, they predicted a SCF of ANA-NYR and that ANA would win it; CHI ended up beating TB.
In 2016, they predicted a SCF of SJ-WAS and that WAS would win it; PIT ended up beating SJ.
In 2017, they predicted a SCF of NAS-MON and that NAS would win it; PIT ended up beating NAS.

Not bad for a league that has so much parity. The Montreal SCF appearance is a bit of a head scratcher though.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad