GDT: Winnipeg Jets @ Colorado Avalanche - Thursday, January 6th, 2022 - 8:00pm CT - TSN - CJOB

Status
Not open for further replies.

macmaroon

Winnipeg Jets fan since 1972
Sponsor
Sep 3, 2011
Winnipeg Manitoba
www.macmaroon.com
After two weeks without having any Jets games, it sure is nice to have them back and playing again. Enjoy it while we can folks, it's the last one until next Thursday... I have to leave for work in 40 minutes and I am still in my jammy-jams, so I'll make a quick "Plain Jane" GDT with apologies to "Plain Jane"...

il_794xN.1579545735_ap6l.jpg

Coming in to this game, the Avalanche are 19-8-2 on the year, but the Jets have won three in a row under Head Coach Dave Lowry. This should be an interesting game and show us what kind of team the Jets are going to be... Of course, we have to worry about the officiating tonight...

0b01d442ff3da737e908597e01c2ee97.jpg

But I will admit, the Bigfoot guys stand up for each other...

9321099e68bd3159afcbdcae51b913a6.jpg

So let's go out there and destroy them...

avalanche.jpg

Go Jets Go! :hockey:

JetsFan815

Jan 16, 2012
My buddies yesterday were predicting that the Jets will get taken to the woodshed in this game. I am hoping they are wrong although I could see this getting out hand, they haven't played this team in nearly 2 years.

Reactions: IndustryLeech

kanadalainen

A pint of dark matter, please.
Jan 7, 2017
The 100th Meridian
thanks @macmaroon

This will be a heavy game, and as has been already pointed out (@The Spotless Mind) , special teams, our goalie and the team D will need to be right on their game. If the Jets can come up with a great performance we can win this one.

My inner circle thinks the Avs have this match locked up.

I think, perhaps not.

giphy.gif

P.S. I hope Ehlers is OK... poor dude.

Last edited:

kanadalainen

A pint of dark matter, please.
Jan 7, 2017
The 100th Meridian
tattooed-shakespeare-mathew-mcfarren.jpg

From the besieged Ball Arena, the Avs are toast,
Borne by the cascading snows of false desire,
Lust-breathed Dave Lowry leads the Jett’d host,
And to Denver bears the coached-up fire
Which, in pale embers hid, and lurks to aspire
And girdle with gifted goals the waist
Of Bednar's fair love, Kuemper the chaste.

Happily that name of 'chaste' unhappily set
The feckless edge on PLD’s keen appetite;
When Bednar unwisely did not let
To praise the clearly unmatched and gutted shytes
Aye, Svech will triumph in that barn of his delight,
Where mortal 4th line gents, as bright as heaven's beauties,
With pure aspects in shots, did him fantastic duties.

For they, the night before, in the Doggie’d tent,
Unlock'd the treasure of Jets’ happy state;
What priceless wealth the heavens had Jets sent
In shots-on and possession lay their beauteous fate;
Reckoning their fortune at such high-proud rate,
That our team might be espoused to more fame,
But the Avs not peer to such a peerless game.

Last edited:

surixon

Jul 12, 2003
Winnipeg
Seems like a lot of players missing from the morning skate.

Seems Ves is up with Mark and Nik and Svech back with Dubois and Conner.

Third stays the same and Cole and Suess in on the 4th for now.

No clue why Ves has been moved up over Cole. If that is the group that goes then I hope he works his way up.

DRW204

Dec 26, 2010

No clue why Ves has been moved up over Cole. If that is the group that goes then I hope he works his way up.
im not sure about ves with schiefele+ehlers, i like either copp or perfetti there. i haven't been impressed with vesalainen at all though in the nhl.

the 2nd line we know is dynamite though. our best line we've iced in the top-6 this year, & we'll need them firing on all cylinders against the avs.

ennsjd07

Feb 11, 2016
Kauai, Hawaii

As much as Cole is a first round draft pick with a small amount of experience, I think this more boils down to evening out the lines.

If we observe what Lowry the Elder did with the back 6, we see him switching Demelo for Schmidt. That sounds like moving defense for offense. Both are good in their own sort of way, but finding the right balance seems to be what he was aiming at. He doesn’t know what Cole does to balance anything, but he does know that KVes is just a little more talented at shooting and a little less defensive than Toninato. Sounds like he’s making Dubois his home run line and balancing the other three. Just my hot take.

Reactions: FinJetster

surixon

Jul 12, 2003
Winnipeg
im not sure about ves with schiefele+ehlers, i like either copp or perfetti there. i haven't been impressed with vesalainen at all though in the nhl.

the 2nd line we know is dynamite though. our best line we've iced in the top-6 this year, & we'll need them firing on all cylinders against the avs.

Well they are giving Ves another carrot, if it's ineffective I hope Lowry moves quickly to change it up.

I guess he is of the school of thought he will give opportunities first to players on the team probably to build trust and morel.

Hope Cole is in Stastny's spot on the second pp unit.

Reactions: Adam da bomb

surixon

Jul 12, 2003
Winnipeg
As much as Cole is a first round draft pick with a small amount of experience, I think this more boils down to evening out the lines.

If we observe what Lowry the Elder did with the back 6, we see him switching Demelo for Schmidt. That sounds like moving defense for offense. Both are good in their own sort of way, but finding the right balance seems to be what he was aiming at. He doesn’t know what Cole does to balance anything, but he does know that KVes is just a little more talented at shooting and a little less defensive than Toninato. Sounds like he’s making Dubois his home run line and balancing the other three. Just my hot take.

Not sure Ves balances anything Imo but good point on not really knowing Cole yet.

If he's going all out offense with his first pairing I'd rather go all out offense with our top line. Cole's game is stylistically closest to Stastny's.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad