Speculation: Winnipeg Jets: Can Patrik Laine Lead the League in Goals?

Georgetown Al*

Georgetown Al
Oct 6, 2015
WdZ5V61.gif

Winnipeg Jets: Can Patrik Laine Lead the League in Goals?

Seeing Laine’s name atop the league leaders in goals through one week of the season, tied with fellow draftee Auston Matthews didn’t really surprise too many. They’re two really, really good players. Sure Laine is still in his teens, but he’s got a better shot than almost all of his peers. Now here we are four weeks into the season, and Laine is still tied for the league lead in goals.

Sure, later in the year Alex Ovechkin, Laine’s hero growing up will continue, or grow on the scoring pace he’s on right now. And thinking Laine could beat Ovechkin’s 50 or 60 goals that are already in the bank is more than a bold ask. For the same cent, I wouldn’t bet too much money against him.

http://jetswhiteout.com/2016/11/05/winnipeg-jets-can-patrik-laine-lead-the-league-in-goals/

Hokinaittii

Aug 15, 2015
If he doesn't have any long time injuries this season, I don't see why he couldn't be in the top-3 in goals. His offensive instincts combined with that shot is just a brutal combo for most defences out there.

Doing that would be such a Laine thing to do, always proving the doubters and even some of his fans wrong. :laugh:

RageQuit77

Jan 5, 2016
Finland, Kotka
Sure. Is it already de facto existent objective truth, regardless of who look at it?

Or do they randomize scores in stats @ nhl.com?

Georgetown Al*

Georgetown Al
Oct 6, 2015
Can? Yes.
Will? Probably not.

Can? Yes.

Will? Probably

Why?

Well there is something just really special in this kid (Patrick Laine) and he believes so much in himself that some how and some way the kid just wills himself in making his dreams come true and he has already proven that many times before already.

I for one being a Father of children older and younger than Patrick is... so how can I as a true good loving father doubt the will and dreams of this kid Patrick Laine [mod]

I believe Patrick Laine can and will succeed in fulfilling his dreams [mod]

Go Laine Go

From a loving father....

Go Jets Go :jets Go Jets Go

Cheers

Last edited by a moderator:

NikoEhlers

May 2, 2013
Aalborg, Denmark
If the line with Scheif and Ehlers gets going as we all hope, I certainly think so Edit: Ah I thought the question was could he lead the Jets in goals. It doesnt really matter where he lands on the list, hes a rookie so I just hope he settles in nicely there and bags a lot of goals and takes step forward, the bigger step the better.

Last edited:

kxx

the great southern threadkill
Feb 21, 2015
Winnipeg, MO
Well in a league with established phenoms like Ovechkin, Tarasenko, Kane, Seguin etc I don't think Laine will lead the league this year or even next year but he definitely can shortly after if he continues as he has been.

With a shot like his he just needs the right chance once in a game and he'll get it in. Short of injury or some freak regression, there's nothing that can be done against a shot like that. Unless players are capable of teleporting in front of him, we'll see more instances like the Detroit goal where he gets possession quickly and scores before anyone can interrupt him. Goalies will pretty much just have to be lucky in some of those cases.

It doesn't mean he'll be the best player or get the most points but the most goals yeah I can see him up there in two or three years.

PhilJets

Winnipeg is Good
Jun 24, 2012
Somewhere nice
He can and he has a change.
But that is some tough competition for an 18 year old kid.

Eventually he will probably win 1-2 Rocker Richard.

If he wins it this year, that would be awesome.

Hope Laine Schiefele Ehlers line stay
Perrault Little Wheeler gets put together..

BB88

Jan 19, 2015
That would be absolutely insane, and why I want him to do it :laugh:
Would make a helluva story.

Before the season I was thinking 20 goals, but he already has 7 goals and as we have seen he has to have one of the best shots in the league.
The scary thing is that he should get better as the season goes and if that Laine-Scheifele- Ehlers line clicks we can see some numbers at the end of season.

But I think even 30 would be fantastic result for Laine.

Last edited:

Daximus

Wow, what a terrific audience.
Sponsor
Oct 11, 2014
Five Hills
The only Jet in the 2.0 era to hit the 30 goal mark is Kane. If Laine can eclipse that even by 1 goal I will be the happiest person around. Any more and I think I'd blow a gasket.

Male75FromFinland

Aug 5, 2010
Lead the league in goal scoring by getting to play last 30 seconds of every power play NO

Lead the league in goal scoring by getting to play in first power play unit YES

They need to give Ehlers & Laine time to work on that chemistry, Little should be better choise on that line than Scheifele.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad