Proposal: Winnipeg-Detroit

Ghost of Ethan Hunt

The Official Ghost of Space Ghosts Monkey
Jun 23, 2018
Top Secret Moon Base
How is Spacek defensively? If he were to be in the NHL (on Det), where would you slot him? 4C? 3C? or other?

Describe his pros/cons since I'm unfamiliar with him, other than basic stats.

With DeKeyser getting hurt tonight & no update for now, Biega & Ericsson to AHL today, who knows what their plan is for Bowey.

NotLeddy

Trust the Yzerscam
Oct 23, 2018
How is Spacek defensively? If he were to be in the NHL (on Det), where would you slot him? 4C? 3C? or other?

Describe his pros/cons since I'm unfamiliar with him, other than basic stats.

He's a right wing, not a center first of all, and he's right handed, something we desperately need right now. He's only 22. He might not be an NHLer, but he's the kinda player that is worth taking a flyer on. (He might be better than Hirose right now, so maybe he'd even slot in on the 2nd line)

Bowey is awful and makes the team worse. He's not an NHL defenseman, so worst case scenario we're just trading AHLers, and Spacek has proven he can at least produce in the AHL if somehow he can't make our awful team.

Ghost of Ethan Hunt

The Official Ghost of Space Ghosts Monkey
Jun 23, 2018
Top Secret Moon Base
He's a right wing, not a center first of all, and he's right handed, something we desperately need right now. He's only 22. He might not be an NHLer, but he's the kinda player that is worth taking a flyer on. (He might be better than Hirose right now, so maybe he'd even slot in on the 2nd line)

Bowey is awful and makes the team worse. He's not an NHL defenseman, so worst case scenario we're just trading AHLers, and Spacek has proven he can at least produce in the AHL if somehow he can't make our awful team.
HockeyDB.com has him listed at C. I'm aware of his age, RHS & stature, basic stats etc. What I asked was, how is his game? Have you watched him? Pros/Cons? He could very well be better than Hirose, which isn't saying much. Bowey also has youth, size, cheap, RHD, skating etc. as well as some warts to his game.

GaryPoppins

A broken clock is right twice in a day
Sep 10, 2016

Spacek pays centre.

DudeWhereIsMakar

Bergevin sent me an offer sheet
Apr 25, 2014
Winnipeg
I say Bowey for many reasons.

1. Winnipeg boy
2. Showed chemistry with Morrissey in junior
3. We need a RHD
4. Can get him at a cheap price right about now

Jeti

Blue-Line Dekes
Jul 8, 2011
MTL
As bad as the Jets D is, Detroit's isn't much better. A 24 year old who can't crack that lineup isn't really a prospect anymore, he's just an AHLer.

Spacek is a long shot to make the NHL too but at least he's a couple years younger.

I'm not sure I see the point besides swapping AHLers to target a guy from Winnipeg, who we have no indication actually wants to be there.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad